Build fireproof homes

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
How to Build a Fire-Resistant Home – Chelsea Terris – Medium

California should require that new homes built in their fire prone areas to be fireproof.
Insulated concrete form (ICF) construction
Metal studs
Metal roofs
Sprinkler systems

fireproofhouseCA.jpg

In short: More regulation and more government. That should drive the cost of homes down in a state already dealing with a housing crisis.

The insurance companies are the folks who can drive construction changes. If you are paying 5 times more than your neighbor’s fire resistant home for insurance year after year, you might not build a tinderbox.

In short: More regulation and more government. That should drive the cost of homes down in state already dealing with a housing crisis.

They're already batshit insane with water regulations and solar panels out there.

Thomas Edison designed a poured-concrete house almost a hundred years ago. Many were built around the country. I personally have witnessed office buildings poured and erected recently. No magic required...only realism.

In short: More regulation and more government. That should drive the cost of homes down in a state already dealing with a housing crisis.

I am wondering where all those newly homeless people will be housed until their homes are rebuilt.

I am wondering where all those newly homeless people will be housed until their homes are rebuilt.

From what I gather almost all of the shelters are operating past full capacity. It’s a nightmare and winter is fast approaching. Poor people.

Thomas Edison designed a poured-concrete house almost a hundred years ago. Many were built around the country. I personally have witnessed office buildings poured and erected recently. No magic required...only realism.

Frank Lloyd Wright also designed concrete houses

Frank-Lloyd-Wright-Oak-Park concrete house.jpg

From what I gather almost all of the shelters are operating past full capacity. It’s a nightmare and winter is fast approaching. Poor people.
Well.... it is winter in California so there's not much to worry about. It's not like they will be out in the snow.

Forum List

Back