Build a canal across border and then double walls on our side

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
I read that it was estimated to cost 400 billion dollars to build a canal across Mexico-US border. I think we could do it much cheaper. We could use a chain of nuclear bombs. We could build 12,000 extremely low radiation nuclear fusion bombs for about 20 billion dollars, each about 1.5 Megatons. Even though 18 GigaTons is a big explosion, it would be dispersed across the whole border and buried underground, so the blast wouldn't be as bad as it sounds.

Then, the military engineers, supplemented with free prisoner labor, would finish it off. Next, we would build a double layer of walls on our side with a road in between. So, there would be a canal with a straight drop 30 feet off the coast patrolled by the Coast Guard directly bordering a 30 foot wall with steel slats and electricity running through it and razor wire on top, then a road with trucks filled with ICE agents patrolling it, and then a 30 foot wall made out of concrete and razor wire on the far end that would be patrolled by helicopters. The helicopters could lasso migrants and fly them back to the canal and drop them in the water. If we could keep the cost under 100 billion dollars, we could pay for it by ceasing all foreign humanitarian aid and defunding all non-essential education for the next 20 years.

We could also use the canal for a path between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.

I read that it was estimated to cost 400 billion dollars to build a canal across Mexico-US border. I think we could do it much cheaper. We could use a chain of nuclear bombs. We could build 12,000 extremely low radiation nuclear fusion bombs for about 20 billion dollars, each about 1.5 Megatons. Even though 18 GigaTons is a big explosion, it would be dispersed across the whole border and buried underground, so the blast wouldn't be as bad as it sounds.

Then, the military engineers, supplemented with free prisoner labor, would finish it off. Next, we would build a double layer of walls on our side with a road in between. So, there would be a canal with a straight drop 30 feet off the coast patrolled by the Coast Guard directly bordering a 30 foot wall with steel slats and electricity running through it and razor wire on top, then a road with trucks filled with ICE agents patrolling it, and then a 30 foot wall made out of concrete and razor wire on the far end that would be patrolled by helicopters. The helicopters could lasso migrants and fly them back to the canal and drop them in the water. If we could keep the cost under 100 billion dollars, we could pay for it by ceasing all foreign humanitarian aid and defunding all non-essential education for the next 20 years.

We could also use the canal for a path between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
What grade are you in?

Last edited:
Let's fill the Rio Grande with piranhas or sea bass with lasers attached to their heads.

Dumbest thing I ever heard. Everybody knows sea bass suck at aiming lasers. You put lasers on dolphins, or at least on redfish.

Forum List

Back