Buffett: Tax cuts for all but the rich

Warren "Do as I say, not as I do" Buffett.

Not at all. I think everyone should do as Buffett has done. There's many unserved human needs that no one is addressing. He's a good man. He even supports public policy that would increase his own taxes, which shows he's not a little greed monkey who hates America to the point they want to drown our Republic in Grover Norquest's bathtub.

Warren "Other people need to pay more in taxes, while I enrich the Gates Foundation" Buffett

That's false, since his position on tax policy would also make him pay more in taxes. That's a selfless position on what's best for our Nation.

Not at all. I think everyone should do as Buffett has done. There's many unserved human needs that no one is addressing. He's a good man. He even supports public policy that would increase his own taxes, which shows he's not a little greed monkey who hates America to the point they want to drown our Republic in Grover Norquest's bathtub.

Good intentions add not a dime to the federal coffers, Warren needs to tell the Gates Foundation to liquidate all this Berkshire Hathaway stock and cut a check to the IRS.

Good intentions add not a dime to the federal coffers, Warren needs to tell the Gates Foundation to liquidate all this Berkshire Hathaway stock and cut a check to the IRS.

So you believe our federal tax policy ought to become charity based. Good luck with that lunacy.

Warren "Other people need to pay more in taxes, while I enrich the Gates Foundation" Buffett

That's false, since his position on tax policy would also make him pay more in taxes. That's a selfless position on what's best for our Nation.

Does his position include taxing all the wealth he contributed to the Gates Foundation?

I think he makes $100,000/year from Berkshire Hathaway so he's found a perfect tax dodge in accumulating all his wealth in stock that can no longer be taxed

So you believe our federal tax policy ought to become charity based. Good luck with that lunacy.

You need to stop babbling.

I believe Warren should find a way to make a meaningful contribution to the government or it's all just words, just speeches

Still noone explains why people don't donate vast amounts of money to the government as opposed to charities and foundations. If raising taxes is a good idea then it would make sense that also voluntarily giving your money to the government is a good idea for a good cause.

Because most multi-millionaires are not as philanthropic as Warren Buffett. Because even with our taxes, there's unmet human and social needs, that people like Buffett and Gates have chosen to address. Did you know that "noone" is not a word, but the name of the band leader of Herman's Hermits?

Haha you are right on the Herman's Hermits guy. But still It doesn't matter if most millionaires aren't as giving as Warren Buffet, though I've never known any that don't give back to communities or charities, Why not donate to the federal government? NO ONE is doing that.

Does his position include taxing all the wealth he contributed to the Gates Foundation?

I think he makes $100,000/year from Berkshire Hathaway so he's found a perfect tax dodge in accumulating all his wealth in stock that can no longer be taxed

Is your public policy position now that wealth should be taxed? His position on tax policy is that the Bush tax cut, where 90% went to the top 10% was a bad idea and should be allowed to lapse.

As for his $100,000/year, that's his choice. He's chosen to live a modest lifestyle for one of the richest men in the country. I'm sure many can't understand this lack of materialism on his part, nor his concepts on using leverage to create a greater good.

Did you know that his position on his wealth, was he wants his children to be able to do what they want, but not do nothing. That's why the vast majority of his wealth is charitable.

I think we should just give the tax cuts to the rich and raise all of our taxes, the taxes on the middle class, to pay for the bills and to pay for what the rich got in tax cuts, with all of our social security surplus taxes.....yep, that's the ticket! Not only should we be happy that the rich took our social security surplus taxes as tax breaks for themselves, they should not have to pay that back to us and we should foot the bill ourselves of paying social security back, for their tax cuts....:eusa_whistle:

Still noone explains why people don't donate vast amounts of money to the government as opposed to charities and foundations. If raising taxes is a good idea then it would make sense that also voluntarily giving your money to the government is a good idea for a good cause.

Because most multi-millionaires are not as philanthropic as Warren Buffett. Because even with our taxes, there's unmet human and social needs, that people like Buffett and Gates have chosen to address. Did you know that "noone" is not a word, but the name of the band leader of Herman's Hermits?

Haha you are right on the Herman's Hermits guy. But still It doesn't matter if most millionaires aren't as giving as Warren Buffet, though I've never known any that don't give back to communities or charities, Why not donate to the federal government? NO ONE is doing that.

Well, you have trust fund brats like Paris Hilton running around. So no one is doing it to the extent that people like Buffett is doing it.

Is your public policy position now that wealth should be taxed? His position on tax policy is that the Bush tax cut, where 90% went to the top 10% was a bad idea and should be allowed to lapse.

As for his $100,000/year, that's his choice. He's chosen to live a modest lifestyle for one of the richest men in the country. I'm sure many can't understand this lack of materialism on his part, nor his concepts on using leverage to create a greater good.

Did you know that his position on his wealth, was he wants his children to be able to do what they want, but not do nothing. That's why the vast majority of his wealth is charitable.

I own stock in his company and have been reading the Chairman's letter since about 1984, so I'm quite familiar with his otherwise sane and sober investment philosophy.

I'm for closing entire Government Departments including HUD, Department of Education, Energy and Fannie and Freddie.

I own stock in his company and have been reading the Chairman's letter since about 1984, so I'm quite familiar with his otherwise sane and sober investment philosophy.

And how he's extended that investment philosophy to philanthropy is incredible.

I'm for closing entire Government Departments including HUD, Department of Education, Energy and Fannie and Freddie.

Isn't the best way to accomplish your goal (not that I agree with it), to close them down and then decide what kind of tax cut we can afford? Isn't that the sane and sober fiscal policy?

Isn't the best way to accomplish your goal (not that I agree with it), to close them down and then decide what kind of tax cut we can afford? Isn't that the sane and sober fiscal policy?

Yes and I'll buy you a beer the day the government actually closes a department

Yes and I'll buy you a beer the day the government actually closes a department

OK, then this comes back to my speculation. Do you believe that the only way to close down some programs or departments you don't like, is to toss our entire economy in the shitter, by reckless fiscal policy?

So because he donated above and beyond what the government asked for in the way of taxes he somehow did something wrong? He said he should be paying more in taxes because of how much he makes.

I want to pay my fair share just like he does, which apparently you don't want us to. Thanks for looking out for us uninformed "rich" folk though.

The liberal "fair share" mantra. How does that justify with the almost 50% that don't pay federal income tax? What would be their "fair share" as they get the same benefits that taxes pay for such as road use and etc? How much is enough for the rich to pay?

Jeff, it is simply NOT TRUE that 50% of workers do not pay Federal Taxes.

they pay federal Social Security taxes, A SURPLUS of SS taxes of which the surplus is used to pay for what income taxes should be paying, they also pay Federal medicare taxes, and they pay the majority of Federal gas taxes, and the majority of Federal cigarette taxes.....

Everyone working pays Federal taxes.

I stand by what I stated in referring to federal income taxes though it is slightly less than the 50% I originally used.

"Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax".

"The bottom 40 percent, on average, make a profit from the federal income tax, meaning they get more money in tax credits than they would otherwise owe in taxes. For those people, the government sends them a payment."

"In 2007, about 38 percent of households paid no federal income tax, a figure that jumped to 49 percent in 2008, according to estimates by the Tax Policy Center."
Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

And this from the Tax Foundation:
Number of Americans Paying Zero Federal Income Tax Grows to 43.4 Million
The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Paying Zero Federal Income Tax Grows to 43.4 Million

Now to the other side for federal income tax, from the CBO:

"The top 1 percent of all households got 18 percent of all personal income and paid nearly 28 percent of all federal taxes in 2005, according to the Congressional Budget Office."
FactCheck.org: What percent of taxes does the top 1 percent pay and what percent of the income do they make?

So again, why does the left continue to state that the "rich" don't pay their "fair share"? Because, wealth envy is a powerful tool that the left discovered years ago and continue to use to distort the truth in order to get votes and remain in power.

Before you claim I stated an untruth, a little research would do you well. Perhaps you did not read the line I wrote; "federal income tax". If so, I will consider it an honest mistake on your part.

Well, you have trust fund brats like Paris Hilton running around. So no one is doing it to the extent that people like Buffett is doing it.

The fallacy is that most rich people inherited their wealth. That is simply not true but plays well with the wealth envy crowd.
"According to a study by Prince & Associates, less than 10% of today’s multi-millionaires cited “inheritance” as their source of wealth."
The Decline of Inherited Money - The Wealth Report - WSJ

Once again making shit up that just isn't true,the numbers are and have been readily available for years,but still the same old tired babbling points of the same old tired left keep pushing.Tell a lie long enough it become truth for the simple ones.

Look the numbers up you are off by miles!

Cut the spending,you won't need to raise taxes on anyone.

Forum List

Back