Buffett: Tax cuts for all but the rich

chart_tax_collections.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTf5qvS0Lo]YouTube - MargaritaVille[/ame]

How do you explain how a marketing manager and an accounting who make a combined income of $250K per year are at all analogous to a multi-billionaire such as Buffett who already has so much sheltered wealth that taxes are irrelevant to his life style and financial security?

Exactly, Most Americans are not against the Super Rich Paying more.

It is when you start saying a family of 4 making 250,000 a year is rich that you lose them. Especially if they live somewhere with a very high cost of living.

How do you explain how a marketing manager and an accounting who make a combined income of $250K per year are at all analogous to a multi-billionaire such as Buffett who already has so much sheltered wealth that taxes are irrelevant to his life style and financial security?

It is when you start saying a family of 4 making 250,000 a year is rich that you lose them. Especially if they live somewhere with a very high cost of living.

It would only be that amount over 250K, where they paid at a higher rate.

You don't know much about Buffet do you?

A family of four making $250k will not see an increase under the Obama plan. It is only the wages exceeding $250. Someone making $250,001.00 will see an additional $0.04 in taxes.

It would only be that amount over 250K, where they paid at a higher rate.

Exactly.

George Bush inherited a nation at peace with a budget surplus.

He turned that into two useless wars and a trillion dollar deficit by lowering taxes for the rich. We need to raise the top rate from 36% to 39%.

I should say the same thing to you. Don't force your worldview on me. Now where does that put us?

In the place we are now, Buffett and you don't put your money where your mouth is. He had a few billion laying around and didn't give it to the government, he gave it to charity. Why do you think that is?

So because he donated above and beyond what the government asked for in the way of taxes he somehow did something wrong? He said he should be paying more in taxes because of how much he makes.

I want to pay my fair share just like he does, which apparently you don't want us to. Thanks for looking out for us uninformed "rich" folk though.

The liberal "fair share" mantra. How does that justify with the almost 50% that don't pay federal income tax? What would be their "fair share" as they get the same benefits that taxes pay for such as road use and etc? How much is enough for the rich to pay?

I should say the same thing to you. Don't force your worldview on me. Now where does that put us?

In the place we are now, Buffett and you don't put your money where your mouth is. He had a few billion laying around and didn't give it to the government, he gave it to charity. Why do you think that is?

So because he donated above and beyond what the government asked for in the way of taxes he somehow did something wrong? He said he should be paying more in taxes because of how much he makes.

I want to pay my fair share just like he does, which apparently you don't want us to. Thanks for looking out for us uninformed "rich" folk though.
Bragging about how much money you make is soooooooooooo ghetto. :rolleyes:

Nothing's stopping Buffett from volutarily giving all of his money to the government if he so chooses. Why the upper levels of the middle class should be dragged along has nothing to do with taxes and a great deal to do with Buffett's psychological deficiencies.

He's already given 90% of his wealth to the Bill and Mellisa Gates foundation, moron.

Warren Buffett is a good man for sure.

Bragging about how much money you make is soooooooooooo ghetto. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and point out where I bragged about anything.

Nothing's stopping Buffett from volutarily giving all of his money to the government if he so chooses. Why the upper levels of the middle class should be dragged along has nothing to do with taxes and a great deal to do with Buffett's psychological deficiencies.

He's already given 90% of his wealth to the Bill and Mellisa Gates foundation, moron.

Is Bill Gates the Federal Government? What did I miss?

Do you want there to be no deduction for charitable contributions? Do you think he should have paid taxes on his wealth before transferring it? What does his personal choices of philanthropy and modest living have to do with his opinion on good public policy? Do you think he's wrong to say that there's a problem with a system where his secretary pays a higher tax rate than he does?

According to boedicca, his philanthropy and opinion on public policy is a psychological deficiency. Go figure.

The liberal "fair share" mantra. How does that justify with the almost 50% that don't pay federal income tax? What would be their "fair share" as they get the same benefits that taxes pay for such as road use and etc? How much is enough for the rich to pay?

Jeff, it is simply NOT TRUE that 50% of workers do not pay Federal Taxes.

they pay federal Social Security taxes, A SURPLUS of SS taxes of which the surplus is used to pay for what income taxes should be paying, they also pay Federal medicare taxes, and they pay the majority of Federal gas taxes, and the majority of Federal cigarette taxes.....

Everyone working pays Federal taxes.

Do you want there to be no deduction for charitable contributions? Do you think he should have paid taxes on his wealth before transferring it? What does his personal choices of philanthropy and modest living have to do with his opinion on good public policy? Do you think he's wrong to say that there's a problem with a system where his secretary pays a higher tax rate than he does?

According to boedicca, his philanthropy and opinion on public policy is a psychological deficiency. Go figure.

Yes, but the problem is that his secretary has to pay too much in taxes.

If he's so concerned about the IRS why did he take all necessary steps to minimize his tax payment?

Big disconnect, no?

Other people should pay more to the IRS, but Warren keeps his contribution as low as legally possible. Weird, no?

Still noone explains why people don't donate vast amounts of money to the government as opposed to charities and foundations. If raising taxes is a good idea then it would make sense that also voluntarily giving your money to the government is a good idea for a good cause.

Yes, but the problem is that his secretary has to pay too much in taxes.

Considering there's been a deficit, since Bush's first budget, do you expect the revenue needed to run our country to arise out of thin air? Secondly, it's true that the middle class probably pays more than optimal taxes. That being the case, why don't you support Obama's tax cuts to the middle class?

If he's so concerned about the IRS why did he take all necessary steps to minimize his tax payment?

So you want our tax system to turn into a charity based one?

Big disconnect, no?

Not at all. He follows the law, and says that the law is poor public policy.

Other people should pay more to the IRS, but Warren keeps his contribution as low as legally possible. Weird, no?

Not at all. Unless, as I said, you believe that taxation should be run like a charity.

Still noone explains why people don't donate vast amounts of money to the government as opposed to charities and foundations. If raising taxes is a good idea then it would make sense that also voluntarily giving your money to the government is a good idea for a good cause.

Because most multi-millionaires are not as philanthropic as Warren Buffett. Because even with our taxes, there's unmet human and social needs, that people like Buffett and Gates have chosen to address. Did you know that "noone" is not a word, but the name of the band leader of Herman's Hermits?

Warren "Other people need to pay more in taxes, while I enrich the Gates Foundation" Buffett

Forum List

Back