Buffett Rule becomes a Bill

The question is.... Is it being introduced? :confused:

Introducing the `Pay A Fair Share Act’ - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

I guess we'll see if JimH and NPR are lying or telling the truth soon enough.

I criticized the balance of the piece from NPR.... how exactly is that accusing them or Jim of 'lying'?

Damn... it's no wonder this country is a clusterfuck... people seem unable to tell the difference between an honest, balance piece of coverage and a biased one... those who point that imbalance out are, apparently, liars.

Fucking idiot.

Now wait a minute CG. What makes a piece "unbalanced"? Either stretching the truth or lying, right? (Have you ever heard the expression "A half truth is a whole lie"?)

Well then please show me what is so unbalanced about it.

Hello? Anyone? :eusa_eh:

I criticized the balance of the piece from NPR.... how exactly is that accusing them or Jim of 'lying'?

Damn... it's no wonder this country is a clusterfuck... people seem unable to tell the difference between an honest, balance piece of coverage and a biased one... those who point that imbalance out are, apparently, liars.

Fucking idiot.

Now wait a minute CG. What makes a piece "unbalanced"? Either stretching the truth or lying, right? (Have you ever heard the expression "A half truth is a whole lie"?)

That's what I thought.....:eusa_whistle:

Fucking idiot.

Patience, DaDumb.... I don't spend my time waiting to spoon feed stupid people....

However, since clearly 'balanced reporting' seems to be above your intellectual paygrade, let me just show you....

"We can't even get them to allow us to raise the rate 3 percent on folks on their second million dollars of income. The Republicans are unwilling to even consider that. So I think the voters are going to have to weigh in here," said McCaskill.

Voters will have a clear chance to do so, nine months from now.

Given the highly left leaning piece.... I think even you can work out that the final sentence is not balanced.

Last edited:

Patience, DaDumb.... I don't spend my time waiting to spoon feed stupid people....

However, since clearly 'balanced reporting' seems to be above your intellectual paygrade, let me just show you....

"We can't even get them to allow us to raise the rate 3 percent on folks on their second million dollars of income. The Republicans are unwilling to even consider that. So I think the voters are going to have to weigh in here," said McCaskill.

Given the highly left leaning piece.... I think even you can work out that the final sentence is not balanced.

So you're saying that 9 months from now the voters will NOT have a chance to do so?

If anything is clear, this is (and you can take this to the bank).

The defining issue in the upcoming election for POTUS is going to be about the budget and taxation. It already is.

You may call it unbalanced reporting but I call it fact.

So you're saying that 9 months from now the voters will NOT have a chance to do so?

The defining issue in the upcoming election for POTUS is going to be about the budget and taxation. It already is.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the implication of the 'choice' is clear. NPR couldn't produce non-biased reporting if it's funded depended upon it... which, as a taxpayer, I think it should.

Why am I paying for your fucking mouthpieces?

You are incapable of seeing 'spin' from your own side... but you'll spot it in an NY minute from Fox. Fucking hypocrite.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the implication of the 'choice' is clear. NPR couldn't produce non-biased reporting if it's funded depended upon it... which, as a taxpayer, I think it should.

You are incapable of seeing 'spin' from your own side... but you'll spot it in an NY minute from Fox. Fucking hypocrite.

:clap2:

Thanks Cali..!

Example?

'Buffett Rule' Becomes A Bill, And Congress Bickers : NPR

The GOP will not hear of this! Their wealthy supporters will shoot this down. Perhaps middle America will take notice this time. I know they the white and rich front running GOP candidate will turn thumbs down on this Bill.

Anyone with a brain will turn thumbs down on the bill. Apparently you believe that only white people have brains.

Why because it elimates obnoxious loopholes like the carry exception where millionaire hedge fund managers get taxed the capital gains rate on what is essentially a management fee.

The fact Republican's support this is obnoxious and it is amusing they will nominate a candidate who got rich off it. This guarentees it becomes and issue in the election and the Republican's lose big on this one.

This is not to say the Republicans are all wrong and the Democrats are all right but this is one of the worst things that Republicans support and it will become front and center.

Thanks Cali..!

I'm just calling it as I see it. The reason I don't slam Fox (and frankly, I could very easily) is just that... the left scream about Fox but refuse point blank to recognize the same crap from their own preferred 'sources'. Honestly, I don't have a lot of time for either left wing or right wing media. Although, I will sometimes try to watch both to understand where the spin is, why they're spinning and what the 'gain' is for both.

Personally, I think many posters on here would benefit from reading less media and more actual sources. This thread is a great example. Am I the only one who's read the damned bill? I don't know, but I could give it a good guess.

Example?
My short memory serves to tell me that she said she wasn't going to educate you...what of that didn't you understand?

What I "see" in that article is the truth and whatever "implication" you took from it was obviously clouded bt your blind hatred of NPR.

Personally I don't think we should be funding it either so we're on the same side with that issue.

What I "see" in that article is the truth and whatever "implication" you took from it was obviously clouded bt your blind hatred of NPR.

Personally I don't think we should be funding it either so we're on the same side with that issue.

NPR was just pushing how wonderful the new health care bill is. why we need it.

Just pushing was today.

Thanks Cali..!

I'm just calling it as I see it. The reason I don't slam Fox (and frankly, I could very easily) is just that... the left scream about Fox but refuse point blank to recognize the same crap from their own preferred 'sources'. Honestly, I don't have a lot of time for either left wing or right wing media. Although, I will sometimes try to watch both to understand where the spin is, why they're spinning and what the 'gain' is for both.

Personally, I think many posters on here would benefit from reading less media and more actual sources. This thread is a great example. Am I the only one who's read the damned bill? I don't know, but I could give it a good guess.

I didn't think there was a bill yet. Could you link it?

The Top 400 tax filers – the very richest Americans – do pay a lower rate of just 18.11 percent of their total income. Why? Many of them are hedge fund managers and people like Buffet — their income is pegged how much their investment fund grows. For some reason, this income is counted as so-called “carried interest” (even though it is not interest at all; it’s more like a performance bonus) and is taxed at the lower 15 percent capital gains rate.
It’s a loophole for hedge managers, pure and simple. But while it may be an outrage that these uber-rich hedge fund managers pay such a low rate compared to the rest of us, there are just not many of them out there.
But the top 400 tax filers represent a tiny sliver – just .00028 percent of all filers. The vast majority of those earning over $1 million a year pay at a higher rate, which is why the average tax rate for this group, according to the Tax Foundation, is 29.1 percent of taxable income. And, yes, this number includes income taxes, payroll taxes and capital gains taxes.
The numbers change a bit if you look at total income before deductions and tax credits (Adjusted Gross Income), according to another non-partisan group, The Tax Foundation. Here’s how the numbers breakdown using IRS data from 2009 on Adjusted Gross Income for the income groups at issue in this discussion:
- $10 million a year paid 22 percent.
- $1 million to $10 million paid 25 percent.
- $50,000 to $75,000 paid 7 percent.

The amount paid in income taxes by those making over $1M in wages is if anything slightly too high. However, the capital gains rate is too low and the carried interest rule is almost criminal.

Given Roomney's source of wealth this will become an issue front and center.

NPR was just pushing how wonderful the new health care bill is. why we need it.

Just pushing was today.

Link?

Oh, good grief. Can we stop with the hysteria? I don't 'hate' NPR... I don't respect them as a source.... disrespect is not 'hate'. And, frankly, I'm as sick of the hysterical hyperbolic bullshit about 'hate' as I am of moronic reporting.

Example?
My short memory serves to tell me that she said she wasn't going to educate you...what of that didn't you understand?

In other words.....you and her "got 'nuthin".

Forum List

Back