Buffett Nails Trump Tax Lie

edthecynic

Censored for Cynicism
Oct 20, 2008
Warren Buffett fires back at Donald Trump's comments about his taxes

In Sunday night's presidential debate in St. Louis, Trump claimed that Buffett took a "massive deduction" while defending his claimed $916 million loss in 1995 that allowed him to avoid federal income tax in at least some years. Buffett, a supporter of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, said Monday that Trump "has not seen my income tax returns."

"I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944, when I was 13. (Though, being a slow starter, I owed only $7 in tax that year.) I have copies of all 72 of my returns and none uses a carryforward," Buffett said in a statement.

snip/

Buffett, the billionaire CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, said he is currently under audit and has "no problem in releasing (his) tax information while under audit."

"Neither would Mr. Trump — at least he would have no legal problem," Buffett said in a statement.

Buffett said that his 2015 return shows adjusted gross income of $11.56 million. He had total deductions of $5.48 million, which includes $3.47 million for allowable charitable contributions. He said he paid federal income tax of $1.85 million.

Buffett said he made $2.86 billion in charitable contributions for the year and did not take more than $2.85 billion of it as deductions.

Warren Buffet donated $2.86 BILLION to charity last year. More than Trump's entire net worth.

Buffet was only able to deduct $3.5 million of that. That's what real charity looks like, Chumps.

Compare that to Trump donating NOTHING to charity. At least until he was shamed into finally coughing up a meager million dollars for vets.

Trump's big mouth is filled with shoe leather once again, and his ass is charred into cinders.

...as we were saying in the other thread, fast eddie, what's stopping Buffet from publishing his tax records now if he claims he has no problem with it?

Forum List

Back