Buffett Lobbys (see:$$$) , gets Tax Break for NetJets, a Buffett Co.

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Berkshire Hathaway sent their lobbyists to DC and spent over a Million $$ for a tax break for NetJets Inc., a Buffett holding......NetJets flys slimy greedy evil corp.types all over the planet in luxury btw.

the 'Buffett Rule'?what a joke.........here ya go sheeple
sheep.gif
....eat up...:rolleyes:

Buffett Gets a Break on User Fee - WSJ.com

Berkshire Hathaway sent their lobbyists to DC and spent over a Million $$ for a tax break for NetJets Inc., a Buffett holding......NetJets flys slimy greedy evil corp.types all over the planet in luxury btw.

sheep.gif

Unless we are speaking of out and out bribery...the right to lobby is inherent in our system.

Constitution says we can petition our government.

Bringing same to light, as you have done, is an important part...

Folks should understand what goes on...but, let's be clear: we all join groups or sign petitions, to lobby.

In "Demosclerosis:: The Silent Killer of American Government," Jonathan Rauch points out that 7 out of 10 Americans belong to an interest group, and one out of four belong to at least four!

The threat is government control of the dissemination of information...including regulation of the internet.

sheep.gif

Unless we are speaking of out and out bribery...the right to lobby is inherent in our system.

Folks should understand what goes on...but, let's be clear: we all join groups or sign petitions, to lobby.

In "Demosclerosis:: The Silent Killer of American Government," Jonathan Rauch points out that 7 out of 10 Americans belong to an interest group, and one out of four belong to at least four!

The threat is government control of the dissemination of information...including regulation of the internet.

, oh I agree, but we both know that there is lobbying and then theres lobbying and then there's hypocrisy on a scale so huge it would not fit in obamas teleprompter suitcase....and the
sheep.gif
eat it up.

Gates, Buffett, Otellini, Jobs ( well, Cook now) the Chamber of Commerce etc. are welcome to lobby, just don't feed me this phony wanna be altruistic horsehockey ala the Buffett Rule...hes put for himself, just like the rest of us, period.

Apple jujst clocked some serious coin last Qtr, up 94% and they get some of the same tax breaks ( NOT subsidies) Exxon does, but? wheres the outrage now? Wheres that call for a Windfall profits tax now? ;)

sheep.gif

, oh I agree, but we both know that there is lobbying and then theres lobbying and then there's hypocrisy on a scale so huge it would not fit in obamas teleprompter suitcase....and the
sheep.gif
eat it up.

Gates, Buffett, Otellini, Jobs ( well, Cook now) the Chamber of Commerce etc. are welcome to lobby, just don't feed me this phony wanna be altruistic horsehockey ala the Buffett Rule...hes put for himself, just like the rest of us, period.

Apple jujst clocked some serious coin last Qtr, up 94% and they get some of the same tax breaks ( NOT subsidies) Exxon does, but? wheres the outrage now? Wheres that call for a Windfall profits tax now? ;)

1. Yup...but I don't think folks are actually accepting all the Buffett-rule stuff....Proof will arrive in November.

2. Now that you mention 'sheeple,' here's my beef (should that be 'lamb'?): people who believe that 'Big Oil' dictates policy, when it is 'Big Green,' as in Sierra Club.....

All of this stems from:

3. The radicals of the sixties did not remain within the universities…They realized that the apocalypse never materialized. “…they were dropping off into environmentalism and consumerism and fatalism…I watched many of my old comrades apply to graduate school in universities they had failed to burn down, so they could get advanced degrees and spread the ideas that had been discredited in the streets under an academic cover.” Collier and Horowitz, “Destructive Generation: Second Thoughts About The Sixties,” p. 294-295.

4. “The radicals were not likely to go into business or the conventional practice of the professions. They were part of the chattering class, talkers interested in policy, politics, culture. They went into politics, print and electronic journalism, church bureaucracies, foundation staffs, Hollywood careers, public interest organizations, anywhere attitudes and opinions could be influenced. And they are exerting influence.” Robert H. Bork, “Slouching Toward Gomorrah,” p. 51

It's less that folks are 'sheeple,' than that they don't know the truth.....

3. The radicals of the sixties did not remain within the universities…They realized that the apocalypse never materialized. “…they were dropping off into environmentalism and consumerism and fatalism…I watched many of my old comrades apply to graduate school in universities they had failed to burn down, so they could get advanced degrees and spread the ideas that had been discredited in the streets under an academic cover.” Collier and Horowitz, “Destructive Generation: Second Thoughts About The Sixties,” p. 294-295.

Oh heck yea, he made a few passes at that in his auto-bio Radical Son.

Creating is always the hard part, tearing things down, surrounded by relative opulence is a snap.....and since many more people are easily lead, willfully ignore their own best interests and just don't have the mental firepower to understand when they are being sold a bill of goods the ghouls at the Sierra Club, Green Peace et al, well, they will exercise influence and they will of course influence and be welcomed by those who need the sheep to remain....sheep- Obama, Nancy Harry .....the leaders of the Black Congressional Caucus, the leaders of the Hispanic Caucus etc..

Forum List

Back