Buffett challenges Congressional Republicans

Chris, in fairness, We need a New Tax Code. 100 Pages or Less. I support a Flat Rate Income Tax, even putting Salary and Investment on the same plane. Keep it simple, why go through the convoluted bullshit. It is either Impartial or It's just another Scam.

The 1040 instructions are only 189 pages long. Where do you get the nice round number of 100 as the cutoff for a sensibly long tax code?

I love the spin on the right on this one.

Come on Republicans! It was your idea! Pony up!

He's the one supposedly feeling guilty. He can't be feeling that guilty if he won't voluntarily contribute. No one forced him to fail to pay his taxes.

But the Republicans in Congress purposed the idea.

Time to back up your idea, Republicans.

Nope. They never proposed sending their mo euro the IRS. They proposed that Buffet send his money to IRS.

He's the one supposedly feeling guilty. He can't be feeling that guilty if he won't voluntarily contribute. No one forced him to fail to pay his taxes.

Nope. They never proposed sending their mo euro the IRS. They proposed that Buffet send his money to IRS.

I thought they wanted to reduce the deficit. I guess the Founders intended that only members of one political party pay taxes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CmO3X1Q4WM]Wasting Away Again in Margaritaville - YouTube[/ame]

One thing though... those Parrotheads like to party.

Chris, in fairness, We need a New Tax Code. 100 Pages or Less. I support a Flat Rate Income Tax, even putting Salary and Investment on the same plane. Keep it simple, why go through the convoluted bullshit. It is either Impartial or It's just another Scam.

The 1040 instructions are only 189 pages long. Where do you get the nice round number of 100 as the cutoff for a sensibly long tax code?

US Tax code is how many pages? Get real. As far as 100, or 50, or 10, I don't care. I just figure 100 is a good target.

All I'm saying is Simplify. Stop with the General Rule and 50 Exceptions or Exemptions. Think Impartiality. Think about something that would put most of those Tax Lawyers on permanent vacation.

Tax Law does not need to be a mine field.

Index of /pub/irs-pdf/

Let's see- the richest have doubled to quadrupled their wealth under Voodoo, while the non rich and the country are falling apart. Can the dupes figure out who can pay a little more in taxes? I didn't think so...

US Tax code is how many pages? Get real. As far as 100, or 50, or 10, I don't care. I just figure 100 is a good target.

All I'm saying is Simplify. Stop with the General Rule and 50 Exceptions or Exemptions. Think Impartiality. Think about something that would put most of those Tax Lawyers on permanent vacation.

Tax Law does not need to be a mine field.

Index of /pub/irs-pdf/

The 1040 instructions are 189 pages. Its not rocket science.

Warren Buffett, who has almost all of his wealth in a trust that can't be taxed and buys companies using stock swaps instead of cash to eliminate the tax bill...

there, fixed the introduction

You mean suggesting stop whining about not giving enough when he can give more?

You are seriously confused here.

I thought they wanted to reduce the deficit. I guess the Founders intended that only members of one political party pay taxes.

Buffet is the one who said he didn't pay enough taxes. Republicans simply pointed out that no one was stopping him from paying more. No matter how you try to spin it, that doesn't put Republicans on the hook for anything.

Buffett will contribute.

He will match every dollar the Republicans contribute.

How much will the Republicans give to America?

Buffett has already given away BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

:lmao: That is after the billion he owes in back taxes right?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
so I take it the left is now loving them some 1%er's?

I wish they would make up our minds...love them, hate them, love them hate them..

And since when did we ELECT Warren Buffet to anything?

He can spew on for all I give a shit.

Forum List

Back