Budget compromise will cut education and science research, but not defense

I see you avoided the fact that the Dems never tried to cut when it would have been a 100% fo sho deal... making you ownd.

I’m a Ron Paul Republican, I know many Republicans don’t want to cut military spending while in fact wanting to expand it, just look at Obama, wait… he’s a Democrat…

Except it's not a 100% for sure deal. You seem to think that the Democrats magically had every single vote in their pocket like the House GOP does. The Blue Dogs and several other Democrats are for raising the defense budget or not cutting it because it benefits their districts. The only ones who are really calling for cuts in defense (Liberal Democrats) don't have nearly enough votes to get any sort of major cuts passed.

Time and time again I've criticized the Dems for not having the spine or balls to cut the defense budget. And I'll criticize them again in this thread again and I'll have no problem with doing so.

As for President Obama, he is in many ways a 3rd term President Bush which has been more and more disappointing. I have no problem with admitting such a thing because it's quite obvious and I'm not a hack.

However, the lack of balls on the part of the Dems still doesn't change you pulling the "Mom, they did it too!" defense while trying to defend the GOP about their clear lack of fiscal responsibility in this case.

So because Dems did not have 100% of their party behind them they didnt even try? Shit they ALL ran off repeal of Bush.

Also I find it interesting you say Obama is Bush III but did you not vote in that poll (in another thread) saying you will vote for Obama again?

Eliminate the student loan program and see how tuition increases start to drastically decline.

That's a strong assumption and the education of thousands if not millions of college students rely on such an assumption. Never mind the fact that the strong majority of students do pay back said loans. What's wrong with giving out loans that get paid back and helping to educate millions of Americans so this country doesn't become third rate at the same time?

What about WE HAVE TO BORROW THE MONEY that we are loaning do you not understand?
The money is being loaned BY THE CHINESE (a/k/a Chinks).
What about the fact that WE HAVE NO MONEY TO LOAN?

How about addressing that fact.
How do we loan a nickel to anyone WHEN WE DO NOT HAVE ANY $$$$?
You are avoiding that fact like a monkey on fire.

It is weird... It's like, why not give it a shot being we can't afford what we are doing now. It's just another liberal issue where they calim without it we will fall apart, then they point out just how fucked up the country is... So does it help or does it not help.

So because Dems did not have 100% of their party behind them they didnt even try? Shit they ALL ran off repeal of Bush.

Also I find it interesting you say Obama is Bush III but did you not vote in that poll (in another thread) saying you will vote for Obama again?

Except they did try, and failed. The Senate Democrats tried again very recently as the article points out, and failed.

I already made my opinion known in that other thread as well.

Neither are the EPA, the USDoE, the FDA, Czars..

Actually, the USAF was a branch of the U.S. Army (U.S. Army Air Force) and an Army is specifically covered under the U.S. Constitution. Basically, all branches of the service are considered covered as the Marines fall under the Navy which is also, specifically covered in Article 1 Sec 8 as well.

Nope, I've heard you guys argue that since it doesn't EXPLICITLY state something in the constitution then it can't be constitutional. Since the air force is explicitly mentioned it is therefor unconstitutional. That's how this works, right? I guess that would also must mean we must abandon our nuclear weapons at once.

No, that's not how it works and nobody has argued that is how it works.

LOL, Give me a break. You're either a liar or blind.

Except they did try, and failed. The Senate Democrats tried again very recently as the article points out, and failed.

I already made my opinion known in that other thread as well.

Well lets get something strait buddy... Ron and Rand Paul and a couple others have tried to cut military and by WAY more than the Dems did... So both sides have "tried." Get over yourself, you support everything you hate.

Well lets get something strait buddy... Ron and Rand Paul and a couple others have tried to cut military and by WAY more than the Dems did... So both sides have "tried." Get over yourself, you support everything you hate.

Ron Paul is about as representative of the GOP as Dennis Kucinich is. Ron Paul polled a whopping 1.6% of the delegates in the 2008 primary. There is a difference between Senate Democrats and two men in the GOP who although I disagree with on several issues can be commended by me on that issue.

I'm not even sure how the statement "you support everything you hate" is suppose to make any sense.

Budget compromise will cut education and science research, but not defense - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

I said it before and I'll say it again. Those who want to have a discussion about the budget but are unwilling to cut the defense budget cannot be taken seriously.

Providing for defense is in the Constitution, education and science research isn't. Simple

And actually they are...

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
Stop making stuff up. Prove it is in there, provide the location. Or you could just stop being an idiot.

Ron Paul is about as representative of the GOP as Dennis Kucinich is. Ron Paul polled a whopping 1.6% of the delegates in the 2008 primary. There is a difference between Senate Democrats and two men in the GOP who although I disagree with on several issues can be commended by me on that issue.

I'm not even sure how the statement "you support everything you hate" is suppose to make any sense.

Well, being Obama is as you said a third Bush term, if you plan on voting for him again after voting for him the first time then it's safe to say you support everything you hate... Bush's policies.

What kind of America is this when science, education and children programs are being cut but the pentagon offers to cut their budget and the govt says "no, no pentagon we won't hear of cutting YOUR budget...here take more..whether you like it or not"

Cut science, education and healthcare...he'll we won't need a military at that point because we would be ensuring our demise from the inside with a nation of idiots
The idiots violated the constitution by forcing obamaturdcare on us.

So let's abolish the air force since it's not in the constitution.

Neither are the EPA, the USDoE, the FDA, Czars..

Actually, the USAF was a branch of the U.S. Army (U.S. Army Air Force) and an Army is specifically covered under the U.S. Constitution. Basically, all branches of the service are considered covered as the Marines fall under the Navy which is also, specifically covered in Article 1 Sec 8 as well.

Nope, I've heard you guys argue that since it doesn't EXPLICITLY state something in the constitution then it can't be constitutional. Since the air force is explicitly mentioned it is therefor unconstitutional. That's how this works, right? I guess that would also must mean we must abandon our nuclear weapons at once.
Idiot!!!

Budget compromise will cut education and science research, but not defense - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

I said it before and I'll say it again. Those who want to have a discussion about the budget but are unwilling to cut the defense budget cannot be taken seriously.

Providing for defense is in the Constitution, education and science research isn't. Simple

Somehow I don't think the writers of the Constitution intended for us to be the policeman of the world. The Cold War is over. Yes, we have other threats now, but we have created many of those threats by sticking our nose where it doesn't belong most of the time.
Oh, here it is, "it is our fault", Idiot.

Can we get a the vote on who "immediately" rejected that budget?

Then let’s see how many of the Dems are against Iraq/Afghanistan and the Libya wars...

You push almost every policy made by dems, you're a hack...

What? Senate Democrats are the ones who put up the budget decreases. Who do you think rejected it? The Liberal Democrats in the House? :cuckoo:

I push almost every policy made by Democrats? Since when? Matter of the fact is I disagree with the Democrats and President Obama on various issues. Ranging from Gun Control to the War on Drugs to the Death Penalty and other issues.

I think instead of trying to say what my position supposedly is, probably should be educating yourself. It would be better instead of trying to play the "Mommy, they did it too!" card when trying to defend the GOP in such a piss poor manner.
It is the dimwits who have spent more money in the history of the u.s. the past two years, defend that. How about the single biggest grab of gov't. control in the history of the u.s.? Obamacare, you probably defend that also. Idiot.

I'm about to own you...

So... Modbert. What do you think the Dems reason for not trying to cut military spending over the last 2 years when they had the Senate/House and President all Dem?

Maybe it's because noobs like you make fucking retarded threads trying to make it out as if it's Republicans that don't wana cut defense.

The cool part about the "camp" that I'm in is that I can see all you partisan crazy hack fuckers out there so clearly... The sad part about being in my camp is knowing just how many of you hypocrites are out there pretending to care.

Next up, Gay rights! Oh wait, they did that one... And we know they are gonna avoid Illegal immigration because the 2 parties actually agree on that 1 and better to have the problem than actually fix anything!

:lol: "Own me"? :rofl:

Oh that was a good one. Many Democrats do want to cut the defense budget.

The Republican controlled House has no plans of cutting the Pentagon budget, in fact they want to raise it by $6 billion.

Maybe this little fact hasn't gotten through to you yet, but the Republicans don't want to cut the defense budget. They have not any sort of serious inclination as a party to do so.

I think the Democrats need to get a spine and say that defense cuts are going to be required. That's been my biggest problem with them for years.

However, for someone who is supposedly not a partisan hack, you certainly seem to be spending all your time criticizing the Democrats while defending the GOP.
At least you know dimwits don't have a spine. Defense spending good, entitlements bad.

Why is the left so hell bent on cutting defense? You want us to be vulnerable? What's the end game in that? doyathink?

Because there's probably more waste in defense than anything..

Wasn't it Gates that also said something about cutting defense?.. I think Paul and his followers supported it somewhere along the line too.. :eusa_whistle:. Hardly flaming leftists.

was that before or after your pissant in chief went to war in Libya?

About the same time Obama pissed on the willowtree............:lol:

And actually they are...

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

That's the justification for the clause on patents.

Folks here know that on many social issues such as equal rights and human issues I am libertarian and lean liberal. You will not find a bigger supporter of equal rights for gays, taking a good look at all science data on climate change, children's issues, environmental issues and such but when it comes to this budget I am far right conservative.
We are speaking about THE FUTURE OF OUR CHILDREN.
We and our parents fucked this thing up by being GREEDY.
It is time to end this stupid blank check Santa Claus 365 24/7 government we have.

Forum List

Back