Buddha's Birthday

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
is celebrated this Thursday, May 27th. Any virtuous action performed during this time generates enormous merit.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Using nothing but love and compassion, bringing joy and equanimity. May all beings benefit!

Happy Birthday, Buddha!

lotusflower.jpg

• Banned
Some info on how the Buddha's birthday is observed all over the world:
Buddha's Birthday - When is Buddha's birthday?

One of my favorite celebrations of the Buddha's birthday happened to be at a Vietnamese Buddhist temple in Portland Oregon. There was chanting and singing and a ceremony of offerings of flowers, incense, food and bathing water and a wonderful vegetarian lunch with the community afterward. Very joyous occassion.

Last edited:
  • Banned
is celebrated this Thursday, May 27th. Any virtuous action performed during this time generates enormous merit.

If someone robs me on May 27th, I won't shoot to kill. Instead, I'll give them a warning and let them go. I am such a good person.

That would be your good merit to avoid killing any day of the year, and most especially on a day that virtue is multiplied. I'm sure you are a good person with an ironic sense of humor.

Last edited:

Hey, a Buddhist! I read something recently that attempted to draw parallels between Muhammad (SAWS) and Maitreya. If you don't mind my asking, what do you make of this? I'm not sure what to think.

New Topics

Forum List

Back