Bud shoot out

J

Jeff

well it is time again for Nascar , Im not sure how I feel about the new point systems any comments on this?
Jeff

it does get old to watch JR always win down there

I think they should have just let the point system alone. They should award the championship on consistency throughout the season, not just consistency in the last 10 races.

I missed the shoot-out. Who won? (please dont tell me Gordon!)

I am still calling the show winston...been too long I guess. Kinda like when Oakland moved out for a number of years..I still called em oakland.... Dont know bout this 10 race season inside of a season but I do like to watch a race when someone is trying to WIN the race instead of the points championship at the end of the season.... awarding more points to the winner ..... making the points differential between first and second more...I feel that something needed done but the frances may have went to far too fast...glad its race time again...hope all the racers the best and go #8...

I agree that consistency throughout should be awarded...this new system seems as if the whole rest of the season doesn't mean anything. And it will be taking me quite some time to stop calling it Winston Cup. Nextel Cup just doesn't have the same ring to it. But, my boyfriend's leaving Tuesday to head down to Speed Week in Daytona., where it's going to be over 70 degrees to the frigid weather we'll have here, and where he'll be going to the 500.. the bastard LOL

And I like seeing #8 win...go Jr! :cool:

Originally posted by jon_forward
:clap: :clap: and I do hope and pray that we dont loss anyone else......

absolutely...prayers abound. My boyfriend has two siblings, and his father takes one kid each year. The last tiime it was my boyfriend's turn for the trip was the year Dale died. So, we're all hoping for a safe race this time around.

I also think they should have left the name alone. I grew up around stockcars. I have it in my blood on both sides. My uncles they owned a track and my dad is related to some driver in nascar. It's just not going to be the same calling it Nextell or whatever it is now.

Forum List

Back