Buckley: False Conservative

While NR has taken somewhat of a neo-conservative stance, especially regarding the Iraq War, it still espouses traditional conservative values. NR blasted Bush for his Medicare bill and has been less than pleased with his out-of-control domestic spending.

I would hardly call Buckley a false conservative based on one column. Or is it just Buckley's support of Israel that causes you to oppose him?

:afro:

I must agree, Bill Buckley is definitely a conservative and is definitely not a lightweight when it comes to conservative thought.

National Review is definitely a great magazine, many famous conservatives read it regularly....including "moi"!

Come...come...William F. Buckley is the father of the conservative movement in America. Even I have found more than one occaision to be in agreement with his views. I also like his acerbic wit, and when I was younger, I greatly enjoyed watching his show on the local PBS station.

I once loved the Buckle Knee myself. In college, I worshipped him. Today, I'm not so sure. He lost the nerve for defending whites, which he once did. Now, he defends Jews. Big deal. Do that, and you get rich. Defend whites, and you go to jail. Which is the more honorable position? Buckle Knee defends Jews because there's money in it. Defending whites, well, there's no profit in that.

William Joyce said:
I once loved the Buckle Knee myself. In college, I worshipped him. Today, I'm not so sure. He lost the nerve for defending whites, which he once did. Now, he defends Jews. Big deal. Do that, and you get rich. Defend whites, and you go to jail. Which is the more honorable position? Buckle Knee defends Jews because there's money in it. Defending whites, well, there's no profit in that.

Apparently, when you view life through the lens of race, everything comes out differently.

I really feel for you, WJ. It must really suck to live a life of hatred.

William Joyce said:

What keeps you going? Duracell? Are you The Energizer Bigot?

His fellow traveler, Big D was banned for a month. Aparently he feels the need to take up the slack. Can't be difficult filling in for an ambulatory dungheap with a cesspool for a mind, but I'm sure he will strive to fill those shoes.

Honestly Bully, that's two posts of yours in a row that made me laugh! You better run back to bed and try the other side to get up on! :p:

Forum List

Back