Buchanan predicts end to America

LordBrownTrout

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2007
South Texas Republic
After reading through some of his comments, I can't help but agree.

* "America is coming apart, decomposing, and...the likelihood of her survival as one nation...is improbable -- and impossible if America continues on her current course," declares Pat Buchanan. "For we are on a path to national suicide."The best-selling author and former presidential candidate is on the eve of launching his new epic book: DAY OF RECKONING: HOW HUBRIS, IDEOLOGY AND GREED ARE TEARING AMERICA APART.[The book's release date has been moved up to this week. It ranked #237 on AMAZON's hitparade Monday morning.]This time, Buchanan goes all the way: "America is in an existential crisis from which the nation may not survive." The U.S. Army is breaking and is too small to meet America’s global commitments. The dollar has sunk to historic lows and is being abandoned by foreign governments. U.S. manufacturing is being hollowed out. The greatest invasion in history, from the Third World, is swamping the ethno-cultural core of the country, leading to Balkanization and the loss of the Southwest to Mexico.The culture is collapsing and the nation is being deconstructed along the lines of race and class. A fiscal crisis looms as the unfunded mandates of Social Security and Medicare remain unaddressed. All these crises are hitting America at once -- a perfect storm of crises. Specifically, Buchanan contends:• Pax Americana, the era of U.S. global dominance, is over. A struggle for global hegemony has begun among the United States, China, a resurgent Russia and radical Islam• Bush’s invasion of Iraq was a product of hubris and of ideology, a secular religion of “democratism,” to which Bush was converted in the days following 9/11• Torn asunder by a culture war, America has now begun to break down along class, ethnic and racial lines. • The greatest threat to U.S. sovereignty and independence is the scheme of a global elite to erase America’s borders and merge the USA, Mexico and Canada into a North American Union.• Free trade is shipping jobs, factories and technology to China and plunging America into permanent dependency and unpayable debt. One of every six U.S. manufacturing jobs vanished under Bush• “Sovereign Wealth Funds,” controlled by foreign regimes and stuffed with trillions of dollars from U.S. trade deficits, are buying up strategic corporate assets vital to America’s security• As U.S. wages are stagnant, corporate CEOs are raking in rising pay and benefits 400 to 500 times that of their workers • The Third World invasion through Mexico is a graver threat to our survival as one nation than anything happening in Afghanistan or Iraq* European-Americans, 89% of the nation when JFK took the oath, are now 66% and sinking. Before 2050, America is a Third World nation• By 2060, America will add 167 million people and 105 million immigrants will be here, triple the 37 million today. • Hispanics will be over 100 million in 2050 and concentrated in a Southwest most Mexicans believe belongs to themBuchanan’s Recommendations:• A new foreign-defense policy that closes most of the 1000 bases overseas, reviews all alliances, and brings home U.S. troops• A purge of neoconservative ideology and the “Cakewalk” crowd” from national power.• To avert a second Cold War, the United States should “get out of Russia’s space and get out of Russia’s face,” and shut down all U.S. bases on the soil of the former Soviet Union• To reach a cold peace in the culture war, Buchanan urges a return to federalism and the overthrow of our judicial dictatorship by Congressionally mandated restrictions on the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court.• To end the trade deficits and save the dollar, Buchanan urges a Hamiltonian solution: a 20% Border Equity Tax on imports, with the $500 billion raised to be used to end taxation on American producers• To prevent America becoming “a tangle of squabbling nationalities” Buchanan urges: No amnesty for the 12-20 million illegal aliens; a border fence from San Diego to Brownsville; Congressional declarations that children born to illegal aliens are not citizens and English is the language of the United States; and a “timeout” on all immigration.

From Day of Reckoning

I love the 'nuance' of Pat Buchanan, is there any 'hot button' he missed? Let's just say, he supports and defends Ron Paul, no surprise there.

I love the 'nuance' of Pat Buchanan, is there any 'hot button' he missed? Let's just say, he supports and defends Ron Paul, no surprise there.
That's right. He is an advocate of throwing in the towel and giving up in the face of adversity. Sure we should close 1000 bases overseas and cash in our chips v the totalitarians in Russia and China. Our allies in Asia and Europe won't care. Japan will be delighted to face China alone, won't it? Giving up and hiding behind our borders must certainly be the pathway to universal love and peace because we know the totalitarians and fanatical Islam will not rush to fill the power vacuum.

"Pat Buchanan is too patriotic to come right out and say it, but the message of his new book, Day of Reckoning, is that America as we have known her is finished. Moreover, Naomi Wolf agrees with him. These two writers of different political persuasions arrive at America's demise from different directions.

Buchanan explains how hubris, ideology, and greed have torn America apart. A neoconservative cabal with an alien agenda captured the Bush administration and committed American blood, energy, and money to aggression against Muslim countries in the Middle East, while permitting America's domestic borders to be overrun by immigrants and exporting the jobs that had made the US an opportunity society. War and offshoring have taken a savage economic toll while open borders and diversity have created social and political division.

In her new book, End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot, Wolf explains America's demise in terms of the erosion of freedoms. She writes that the ten classic steps that are used to close open societies are currently being taken in the US. Martial law is only a declaration away."

http://www.counterpunch.com/roberts11262007.html

"Pat Buchanan is too patriotic to come right out and say it, but the message of his new book, Day of Reckoning, is that America as we have known her is finished. Moreover, Naomi Wolf agrees with him. These two writers of different political persuasions arrive at America's demise from different directions.

Buchanan explains how hubris, ideology, and greed have torn America apart. A neoconservative cabal with an alien agenda captured the Bush administration and committed American blood, energy, and money to aggression against Muslim countries in the Middle East, while permitting America's domestic borders to be overrun by immigrants and exporting the jobs that had made the US an opportunity society. War and offshoring have taken a savage economic toll while open borders and diversity have created social and political division.

In her new book, End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot, Wolf explains America's demise in terms of the erosion of freedoms. She writes that the ten classic steps that are used to close open societies are currently being taken in the US. Martial law is only a declaration away."

http://www.counterpunch.com/roberts11262007.html
Remember that these disciples of defeat and despair are trying to sell books. Hyperbole is their trade craft. Every age has had it doom sayers and this one is no different. The young nation will never survive, the Civil War will be the end of us, entanglement in foreign wars will lead to our demise, the depression will kill capitalism and the American dream, the 60s will swallow us in drugs and self-indulgence. Yeah right. It is just as easy to construct arguments that our best days are ahead of us. None of the doom and gloom delivered by those authors takes into account a single technological development, some of which are certain to transform America beyond recognition. They are selling books.

Pat is hardly a dumbass. I usually find his observations to be quite accurate even if I don't agree with his positions. Go read his '92 platform and tell me he was wrong. He wasn't then and he isn't now. Again, I don't agree with many of his motivations but I do respect his political mind. As a lefty, I would love to sit and have tea and a conversation with the man. mucho bueno.

Much of what he said then and says now is dead, dead on, and he has some really good ideas.

But then, he has enough really bad ones to keep me from getting behind him.

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

12 Pieces of body armor
11 Camo outfits
10 Black ski masks
9 Laser sights
8 Rifle scopes
7 M-16's
6 Saturday night specials
5 308's
4 45's
3 Full auto's
2 12 Guage shotguns
and a pint of black powder for my canon!:thup:

So why were three US naval ships denied entrys to ports in China last week????

Two minesweepers that need a safe port because of a storm, and one aircraft carrier that wanted to let it's sailors meet with family in Hong Kong...

Pat Buchanan is right. Did he not call the outcome years ago?? And Lou Dobbs is a hero too. The normal media is keeping the majority of morons glued to their tv sets why the bad guys are readying to take over the country.. And who are these boogymen??? Democrats, Republicans, illegal aliens, legal aliens, liberals, ultra rightwing wacos, etc.

China is getting ready to tell the US to go F itself. The chinks are coming, and there is probably not a f'n thing we can do about it at this point.

That's right. He is an advocate of throwing in the towel and giving up in the face of adversity. Sure we should close 1000 bases overseas and cash in our chips v the totalitarians in Russia and China. Our allies in Asia and Europe won't care. Japan will be delighted to face China alone, won't it? Giving up and hiding behind our borders must certainly be the pathway to universal love and peace because we know the totalitarians and fanatical Islam will not rush to fill the power vacuum.

With the few exceptions of places where allies are depending on us for support - Japan, S. Korea, we should close most of our overseas bases. I think all of our European bases should close, they never really do anything to justify our keeping a presence in that part of the world anyway. I think we should keep Guantanamo open as well, at least until Cuba is a free nation...

And remember, if you have a problem with Gitmo, odds are its because of what goes on there. No one was pushing for closure until the War on Terror practices started up...

With the few exceptions of places where allies are depending on us for support - Japan, S. Korea, we should close most of our overseas bases. I think all of our European bases should close, they never really do anything to justify our keeping a presence in that part of the world anyway. I think we should keep Guantanamo open as well, at least until Cuba is a free nation...

And remember, if you have a problem with Gitmo, odds are its because of what goes on there. No one was pushing for closure until the War on Terror practices started up...

I agree we dont need to keep the European bases open..

Forum List

Back