Bryan Barton caught an illegal alien and all I got was this T-shirt

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
I thought this story was kind of funny. Hopefully a big deal is not made out of this, however, I fear it might. The left and it seems Bush might be too, is looking for any excuse to get these "vigilantes."

You know what is interesting to me about this whole thing, is that, at least in CA, citizens are allowed to make citizens arrest. The test is that the mis/fel must have been committed "in their presence." Unless a shopkeeper which has special privileges. How then are these guys not allowed to make a citizens arrest? Because these guys are "citizens?" I don't think the term applies to the perp, rather to the person making the arrest.

Any thoughts?

Story:

Carol Capas, a sheriff's office spokeswoman, said the 26-year-old Mexican man told agents he was physically restrained and forced to hold a shirt while his picture was taken and he was videotaped.

The shirt read: "Bryan Barton caught an illegal alien and all I got was this T-shirt."

Barton is one of the three volunteers. He told agents that they waved the man over to them, offered him food and water, and gave him the T-shirt and money before the Border Patrol arrived.

Link

Clever. I like it.

I doubt that he was "held" and forced to be in the video. The T-Shirt idea was ingenious!

Yurt said:
I thought this story was kind of funny. Hopefully a big deal is not made out of this, however, I fear it might. The left and it seems Bush might be too, is looking for any excuse to get these "vigilantes."
you might want to add more than just the left and bush in this, well....at least most of the D's and R's in congress are just ignoring the issue, not calling them vigilantes.

SmarterThanYou said:
you might want to add more than just the left and bush in this, well....at least most of the D's and R's in congress are just ignoring the issue, not calling them vigilantes.

That's the problem to begin with, our "leaders" are ignoring this issue and allowing millions to enter unobserved, some of which are undoubtedly our next attackers.

It's like they are children who don't want to hear so they

:lalala:

no1tovote4 said:
That's the problem to begin with, our "leaders" are ignoring this issue and allowing millions to enter unobserved, some of which are undoubtedly our next attackers.

It's like they are children who don't want to hear so they

:lalala:
anything to avoid 1) being called a racist, 2) losing the hispanic vote, or 3) losing the business campaign money from cheap labor.

SmarterThanYou said:
anything to avoid 1) being called a racist, 2) losing the hispanic vote, or 3) losing the business campaign money from cheap labor.

I, for one, will hold the leaders that ignored this problem accountable when the porous border loses the lives of countless citizens. This is a disgusting display of the Politicians-only ability of ignoring an extra gushing hole in your head to put a band-aid on a paper cut, then calling the Doctor who wants to treat the head wound a "Chicken Little".

-=d=- said:
I would love to start making and sending out:

"-=d=- closed my thread, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" shirts. :)

That would make an incentive to create threads that will get closed so we can get free clothing.

Forum List

Back