Brutal NYT/CBS Poll for Obama

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:eusa_shhh:this can't be true.

.The New York Times is burrying the lead on their latest poll. The numbers are just brutal for the White House:

•70% of Americans feel things in this country are seriously off on the wrong track. That is the highest number since the 79% registered in 1/11/09 when President Bush was still in office.
•80% rate the national economy as bad (44% fairly/36% very). Only 19% rate it as good (2% very/17% fairly).
•39% think the economy is getting worse, only 23% say it is getting better. Last month those numbers were even at 26. In February they were flipped at 32% better, 22% worse.
•57% disapprove of Obama’s handling of the economy. That is the highest disapproval measured by the CBS/NYT poll. His 38% approval is matched only once by a pre-Democractic election wipe out October poll.
•59% disapprove of Obama’s handling of the federal budget. Also the highest CBS/NYT has ever measured that number.
•Obama’s Libya approval numbers have completely flipped from 50/29 approve in March to 45/39 disapprove today.
•46% disapprove of the way Obama is handling foreign policy. That is the highest number ever for Obama in a CBS/NYT poll. His 39% approval on FP is also his lowest score ever.
•55% tell NYT/CBS they would rather have a smaller government providing fewer services. Only 33% want a bigger government with more services.
•When asked “Do you think Barack Obama has the same priorities for the country as you have, or doesn’t he?” 53% said no and 43% said yes. When Obama was inaugurated those numbers were 65% and 28% no.

from..
Brutal NYT/CBS Poll for Obama | Conn Carroll | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Why would the NYT "bury" its own poll? The poll question was the main discussion on Morning Joe as well as C-Span's call-in program this morning, Washington Journal so it isn't as though the public is being kept in the dark.

Obama just happens to be president of the country as it experiences a rotten set of circumstances, and if you look deeper, you'll see there's equal blame for not doing enough to "fix it."

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal
Wow, these numbers do not help the Dems in their negotiations with the GOP over raising the debt ceiling and passing a budget for 2012. Some people wonder if the economy slows down even more when the Fed stops it's QE2 program. Plus, the costs of food and gas are going up and people are feeling the pinch. I think if things don't get markedly better then Obama will be a 1-term president.

Why would the NYT "bury" its own poll? The poll question was the main discussion on Morning Joe as well as C-Span's call-in program this morning, Washington Journal so it isn't as though the public is being kept in the dark.

Obama just happens to be president of the country as it experiences a rotten set of circumstances, and if you look deeper, you'll see there's equal blame for not doing enough to "fix it."

Hiring just started up again. Tech sector is on fire.

Guess those idiots finally figured out that Americans are the best employees bar none.:clap2:

Okay sweetie.

Taking sig bets.

You in?

I am thinking Obama wins in 2012.

I bet he wins too. Over 50% of the population is fucking retarded, like you. You people will vote for him again. Even if you're broke, jobless, out of gas, hungry, and surrounded by illegal aliens and jihadis. Thats how fucking mentally screwed up you lefties are.

Okay sweetie.

Taking sig bets.

You in?

I bet he wins too. Over 50% of the population is fucking retarded, like you. You people will vote for him again. Even if you're broke, jobless, out of gas, hungry, and surrounded by illegal aliens and jihadis. Thats how fucking mentally screwed up you lefties are.

I just moved into a luxury duplex and that's after renovating my manhattan co-op which I am renting out. My bonus this year was double what it was last year (but still half of what it was at it's peak).

How you doin'?

Hiring just started up again. Tech sector is on fire.

Guess those idiots finally figured out that Americans are the best employees bar none.:clap2:

Yep. Now....if only Obama would stop filing lawsuits against the companies who don't hire the "proper" employees: Boeing lawsuit: South Carolina vs. big labor | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

Guess we are NOT all in this together after all, since Obama sues those who dare hire people who are non-union.

Okay sweetie.

Taking sig bets.

You in?

I just moved into a luxury duplex and that's after renovating my manhattan co-op which I am renting out. My bonus this year was double what it was last year (but still half of what it was at it's peak).

How you doin'?

I'm doing fine. And you're lying. Retarded liberals always respond with "I'm so rich" when you attack them. You probably work at McDonalds. But whatever. You're still retarded enough to vote for Obama again.

(But for the record, I own a home in a suburb. Doing fine. And my dog is cooler than yours, dickwad.)

Escalator up for Obama.................clearly!!!!''

How accurate is this???!!!!!!!!! ( unless you're a 21%er)

Barack-Obama-Campaign-Logo.png

How you doin'?

I'm doing fine. And you're lying. Retarded liberals always respond with "I'm so rich" when you attack them. You probably work at McDonalds. But whatever. You're still retarded enough to vote for Obama again.

(But for the record, I own a home in a suburb. Doing fine. And my dog is cooler than yours, dickwad.)

Notice..I didn't insult you.

And my dog is the best. He's strong, he doesn't start shit, but if shit comes to him he kicks ass.

Like his owner.:clap2:

How you doin'?

Notice..I didn't insult you.

And my dog is the best. He's strong, he doesn't start shit, but if shit comes to him he kicks ass.

Like his owner.:clap2:

Well........seems we have here..............

captain-awesome-t-shirt_large.jpg

Anybody else sorta intimidated by that wolf mask in Sallows avatar??? I shit my pants every time I see it.

Last edited:
Really Sallow. That avatar??

Why is it you guys start the gay shit..every single time.

What the fuck?

Let me ammend that s0n...........at least its not the most gay avatar amongst the far left guys on this board. That'd be GT..........HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.........the guy has a pic of himself up as an avatar.

Now THAT is fcukking gay as shit gets............

Actually Sallow.......truth be told........Ive always been a big werewolf fan. In fact, American Werewolf in London is one of the best all time flicks. The recent one with Anthony Hopkins was great until the end when it got real goofy.

Hey Sallow........Im coming into the city on Thursday night to see Buffalo Tom at the Bowery Ballroom. We could throw down some beers and see a great show.........talk politics ( you'd love Buffalo Tom........all card carrying members of the ACLU and Im not kidding)

Last edited:
Really Sallow. That avatar??

Why is it you guys start the gay shit..every single time.

What the fuck?

Let me ammend that s0n...........at least its not the most gay avatar amongst the far left guys on this board. That'd be GT..........HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.........the guy has a pic of himself up as an avatar.

Now THAT is fcukking gay as shit gets............

Actually Sallow.......truth be told........Ive always been a big werewolf fan. In fact, American Werewolf in London is one of the best all time flicks. The recent one with Anthony Hopkins was great until the end when it got real goofy.

Hey Sallow........Im coming into the city on Thursday night to see Buffalo Tom at the Bowery Ballroom. We could throw down some beers and see a great show.........talk politics ( you'd love Buffalo Tom........all card carrying members of the ACLU and Im not kidding)

I got moved to "third shift"..12am - 8am. But I am not opposed to having a beer or 2 before my shift. If you are serious..PM me..and maybe we will have a couple.

Cheers.

Forum List

Back