Brussel Sprouts..Just Nasty Little Cabbages?

I love Cabbage....

Don't denegrate Cabbage by comparing to disgusting Brussel Sprouts

I love Cabbage....

Don't denegrate Cabbage by comparing to disgusting Brussel Sprouts

My comparison wasn't straight accross the board...They just LOOK like little cabbages...and smelll like rotting cabbages...Cabbage is like a staple for me! I love cole slaw....last week I made this outrageous cabbage soup.

I love cabbage too. I actually love all food...and especially in the cruciferous family. Add some cornbread and a little bacon drippings to everything and you are from the South...lol. As I, originally.

I have just noticed that our lovely *boedicca*, also is in at least partial agreement??

I am! I like most vegetables - including cruciferous ones.

And Bacon is its own food group.

;)

My mom loved them. She just liked them boiled. But what she used to do that was very annoying was put brussles sprouts on the stove and go watch TV, and forget them.

And that is all I am going to say about that.

I enjoy stinky foods, such as stilton, munster and limburger cheese.

stilton.jpg

I can't stay in the same room as cooked brussel sprouts.

Your thoughts?

I love em

but you HAVE TO cook them WHOLE!

do NOT cut them.....they lose their flavor when you slice them up to cook them.

I usually make a cheese sauce to go with them

sometimes I'll toss them into a sweet and spicy soup

Your thoughts?

I love em

They are also best fresh (not frozen). I love them...they are one of my favorite veggies. Cheese sauce is good and I just found a recipe for a brussel sprout casserole that sounds interesting...

Brussels Sprouts Cheesy Casserole Recipe

2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen Brussels sprouts
2 slightly beaten eggs
1 1/2 c. soft bread crumbs (2 slices)
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. chopped onion
2 tbsp. butter, melted

Cook Brussels sprouts according to package directions; drain. Cut sprouts into fourths and set aside.

Combine eggs, half the crumbs, soup, cheese, onion, and dash pepper. Fold in sprouts.

Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Combine remaining crumbs and butter; sprinkle atop sprouts. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.

Your thoughts?

I love em

They are also best fresh (not frozen). I love them...they are one of my favorite veggies. Cheese sauce is good and I just found a recipe for a brussel sprout casserole that sounds interesting...

Brussels Sprouts Cheesy Casserole Recipe

2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen Brussels sprouts
2 slightly beaten eggs
1 1/2 c. soft bread crumbs (2 slices)
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. chopped onion
2 tbsp. butter, melted

Cook Brussels sprouts according to package directions; drain. Cut sprouts into fourths and set aside.

Combine eggs, half the crumbs, soup, cheese, onion, and dash pepper. Fold in sprouts.

Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Combine remaining crumbs and butter; sprinkle atop sprouts. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.

Shear insanity! Best fresh? ....then unload a recipe for frozen?..See that's my point..you people want your food to be as disgusting as possible...DON'T YOU???

:lol::lol:

Well, you can always substitute with the "fresh" ones.

Uh, no... disgusting is anyone who eats lima beans,oranges,cantaloupe or watermelon. I DO have some areas where I draw the line.

Last edited:
:lol::lol:

Well, you can always substitute with the "fresh" ones.

Uh, no... disgusting is anyone who eats lima beans,oranges,cantaloupe or watermelon. I DO have some areas where I draw the line.

Are you CRAZY????!!!!You have just proved you are a fuckin alien from outer space.

Stay away..you are not welcome on this planet..now shooosh!:lol::lol:

:) Crazy?...could be...but watermelon (any melon for that matter) is very bland and the texture alone makes me want to gag :eusa_hand:. Oranges I can choke down if I have to,but orange juice is another story...bitter after taste, and just plain gross.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back