Bruschetta!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Oh man I love bruschetta. It's all my daughter and I want to eat these days. :eusa_drool:

Here is how I make it:

Toast some french bread, then put on some butter and garlic salt.

Dice up the tomatoes, soak in italian and balsamic vinaigrette, a dash of pepper, soak for a few.

Put the tomato mixture on top of the bread, in the oven at 425 for about 5 minutes.

Eat.

Does anyone have any other brushetta recipes so I can "mix it up" sometimes?

Oh man I love bruschetta. It's all my daughter and I want to eat these days. :eusa_drool:

Here is how I make it:

Toast some french bread, then put on some butter and garlic salt.

Dice up the tomatoes, soak in italian and balsamic vinaigrette, a dash of pepper, soak for a few.

Put the tomato mixture on top of the bread, in the oven at 425 for about 5 minutes.

Eat.

Does anyone have any other brushetta recipes so I can "mix it up" sometimes?

I make one similar to yours, however I use seasoned olive oil in place of butter and fresh garlic in place of garlic salt.

I also make this one, when 'company coming' or I just have some time from 'Everyday Italian' on food network. It's always a 'hit', but takes a bit more time:

Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Bruschetta Recipe : Giada De Laurentiis : Food Network

Ingredients
1 (32-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
1 cup fresh basil leaves, washed and spun dry
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, peeled
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large French baquettes, sliced 1-inch thick (about 36 slices)
1 1/2 pounds fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In the bowl of a food processor, add drained tomatoes, 1 cup basil leaves, olive oil and 2 cloves garlic. Pulse until smooth, but somewhat chunky. Season with salt and pepper.

On a baking sheet, line up baguette slices. Toast in oven for about 3 minutes or until light golden brown. Working quickly, rub the remaining garlic on the toasted side of each slice and then lay a piece of mozzarella cheese on top. Place bread back in oven and melt cheese slightly, about 45 seconds. Remove from oven and spread one tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each piece.

I make mine on the grill.

A nice loaf of crusty peasant bread sliced thick

Brush the bread with spiced or herbed olive oil. I prefer the oil with chile flakes to add a little heat

4 beefsteak tomatoes sliced thick
1 or 2 whole bunches of garlic sliced in half and brushed with olive oil
some fresh soft mozzarella or goat cheese

lay the tomatoes on the grill just long enough to leave grill marks and set aside to cool

Put the garlic bunches cut side down on the grill for a few minutes until they brown then loosely wrap in foil and move to the cooler side of the grill

***TIP

Never use lighter fluid for your charcoal and try lump charcoal rather than briquettes. Use a chimney starter and only spread the coals on one half of the grill so you can move items off the heat if needed

Keep the garlic on the grill until soft

Roughly dice the tomatoes add a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil some fresh chopped basil and mix set in a bowl on the table

When the garlic is done pop the cloves out and mash them with a fork to make a paste to spread on the bread. If you like you can mix the garlic into the soft goat cheese

Toast the bread on the grill, spread the garlic or garlic cheese mixture and top with the tomatoes

DELICIOUS

The grill gives a nice smokiness that you just can't get in an oven

Last edited:
Slice baguette, brush with white truffle oil (very pricey compared to other flavored oils, but well worth it) and toast, mix shredded asiago with basil pesto, add some minced garlic, spread on baguettes, top with finely chopped roma tomatoes (remove seeds from tomatoes), and sprinkle with a bit more asiago.

[quoteBruschetta!
][/quote]

Sounds like one of those social diseases to me! Actually my Mother used to makes something like it but she also put hamburger on it. Yummy...:lol:

Oh, and for a different flavor variation, before topping with basil pesto mixture and tomatoes, spread a thin layer of herb cream cheese on the toasted baguette...

Forum List

Back