Browns on right track to be superbowl contenders again thanks to Clark Hunt

You think the Browns are looking like championship material so far?
Nope...didn't say that. I said they have the personnel to be a good team. Which they do.

He always tries to put words in peoples mouths.:rolleyes:

Yeah they have the talent,they just need a new coach.the fact they lead the league in penaltys proves it,that is a reflection of the head coach. Plus they SHOULD be 2-1 instead but because of a moronic call against the Rams the other night,they are one and two because of HIM.

Because this is the BROWNS that have been so terrible for so many years,they should spend the money and get Holmgrem to come out of retirement. He has taken BOTH teams he coached to superbowls. money talks,spend the money and he would come out of retirement AND get them to their first superbowl ever.
I agree. I firmly believe, after damned near 40 years watching this game that systems make great players. Very few talents are diverse and eclectic enough to walk into ANY system and excel.
The Browns will EVENTUALLY find their man (e.g. Schottenheimer). When they do I think they will stomp some ass. They have the tools.
Just not a good franchise.

The bengals suck too.
How long did the Pats suck? 41 years till their first Super Bowl
How long did the Steelers suck? 41 years till their first Super Bowl win
How long did the 49ers sucks? 35 years till their fist Super Bowl win.

Do some research..you will see that the Browns are certainly NOT unique.
Speaking of the 49rs the browns are down at the half 21 to 3.

Cleveland Browns fans have a lot to get excited about with their team.

I Watched the Rams/Browns game last night and this Browns team is for sure on the right track to being a playoff contender year after year soon,maybe not this year but next year for sure especially now since the Steelers are on the decline and going downhill. They only lost to the high scoring Rams by just just a touchdown last night and WOULD have won as well if their coach was not such an idiot.

The ONLY reason they did not win this game was their coach called a play i would expect Pete the cheat Carrol to call having them go for it on 4th and 9 when they had not moved the ball down the field all night long. I could understand that call if it was a SHOOTOUT and neither defense could stop the other like the chiefs/Rams game on monday night last year but it was just the opposite,a defensive battle and yet that was the play he called.:rolleyes:

That play was called at midfield and since the Rams stopped them,they were able to take over and have a short field to work with and get what turned out to be the deciding touchdown that won the game for them. If the Browns just PUNT the ball,then the Rams dont have that short field to work with to get a touchdown and the Browns dont have to come so very close to tying up the game and sending it into overtime as they almost were able to in the last few minutes when they were driving to tie it up in the final two minutes.They would have just been able to kick a field goal and they would have won if not for their coach.

I said Brown fans have Clark Hunt to thank for them finally being a contender again after earning the name the Cleveland Clowns for so many years and maybe decades now since the 80's when they had Marty Shottenheimer. Their General manager they have,cant remember his name,he is the SAME General manager who was fired by Hunt while working for the Chiefs and he drafted none other than Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers when he was with the Packers before that. He obviously knows his quarterbacks and can see how they have a bright future,Baker Mayfield no exception and he drafts the best, Best QB general manager ever.

The Browns are 1-and 2 and SHOULD be 2-1 DESPITE their head coach. The Browns almost went 2-1 winning despite him since the GM has drafted and developed some great talent.His next step is he needs to fire that coach.Man if they could get a good coach like Mcvey or Andy Reid,someone like that,this team would be GREAT,not just good now.

It cannot be argued they do not have a good coach because Collingsworth and Michaels mentioned they lead the league in penaltys after two games and after the penaltys they committed last night,after three games,they just solidified that. That falls squarly on the coach.Thats a reflection of him. Don Shula and Bill Parcells,I remember their teams were ALWAYS the least penalized teams in the league. Im sure that has been the case with many other great coachs as well.

I am going to do something I normally dont do. In two weeks,the niners will be playing the Browns so I will have to watch that game,thats what I normally dont do is watch a team play if it is not the Rams.Will have to do so because I dont see the Rams losing at home next week to Tampa,Goof plays MUCH better at home than on the road so it will be interesting to see if the niners can remain undefeated in two weeks when they square off against the Browns plus it will be fun to see how the Browns recover on the road in SF.Not only that,assuming the Niners who have a bye this week,beat the Browns and the Rams win their next two games.that will be quite a storyline for the claissic california matchup of the Rams/Niners game in LA which I will be at by the way..:):5_1_12024::dance:

Always wanted to see a Rams/Niners game in LA my whole life and for sure want to see then in the LA coliseum before they go into the new stadium next year. Unlike the sheep in La who are thrilled about the new stadium,I am PISSED about it, playing in a stadium in SUNNY california with a roof over your head.How fucking stupid is that and yet they are excited about that.jesus christ the stupidity of NFL fans.:rolleyes:

back in the OLD DAYS when the LA coliseum was built,those were the good old days before these greedy evil owners put a shiny brand new stadium over history and tradition.:mad: give me the old decrept LA coliseum ANYDAY of the year over a state of the art fucking new stadiumity.:mad:
The browns are showing no defense or offense in week 5. They aren’t showing us shit.

I Watched the Rams/Browns game last night and this Browns team is for sure on the right track to being a playoff contender year after year soon,maybe not this year but next year for sure especially now since the Steelers are on the decline and going downhill. They only lost to the high scoring Rams by just just a touchdown last night and WOULD have won as well if their coach was not such an idiot.

The ONLY reason they did not win this game was their coach called a play i would expect Pete the cheat Carrol to call having them go for it on 4th and 9 when they had not moved the ball down the field all night long. I could understand that call if it was a SHOOTOUT and neither defense could stop the other like the chiefs/Rams game on monday night last year but it was just the opposite,a defensive battle and yet that was the play he called.:rolleyes:

That play was called at midfield and since the Rams stopped them,they were able to take over and have a short field to work with and get what turned out to be the deciding touchdown that won the game for them. If the Browns just PUNT the ball,then the Rams dont have that short field to work with to get a touchdown and the Browns dont have to come so very close to tying up the game and sending it into overtime as they almost were able to in the last few minutes when they were driving to tie it up in the final two minutes.They would have just been able to kick a field goal and they would have won if not for their coach.

I said Brown fans have Clark Hunt to thank for them finally being a contender again after earning the name the Cleveland Clowns for so many years and maybe decades now since the 80's when they had Marty Shottenheimer. Their General manager they have,cant remember his name,he is the SAME General manager who was fired by Hunt while working for the Chiefs and he drafted none other than Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers when he was with the Packers before that. He obviously knows his quarterbacks and can see how they have a bright future,Baker Mayfield no exception and he drafts the best, Best QB general manager ever.

The Browns are 1-and 2 and SHOULD be 2-1 DESPITE their head coach. The Browns almost went 2-1 winning despite him since the GM has drafted and developed some great talent.His next step is he needs to fire that coach.Man if they could get a good coach like Mcvey or Andy Reid,someone like that,this team would be GREAT,not just good now.

It cannot be argued they do not have a good coach because Collingsworth and Michaels mentioned they lead the league in penaltys after two games and after the penaltys they committed last night,after three games,they just solidified that. That falls squarly on the coach.Thats a reflection of him. Don Shula and Bill Parcells,I remember their teams were ALWAYS the least penalized teams in the league. Im sure that has been the case with many other great coachs as well.

I am going to do something I normally dont do. In two weeks,the niners will be playing the Browns so I will have to watch that game,thats what I normally dont do is watch a team play if it is not the Rams.Will have to do so because I dont see the Rams losing at home next week to Tampa,Goof plays MUCH better at home than on the road so it will be interesting to see if the niners can remain undefeated in two weeks when they square off against the Browns plus it will be fun to see how the Browns recover on the road in SF.Not only that,assuming the Niners who have a bye this week,beat the Browns and the Rams win their next two games.that will be quite a storyline for the claissic california matchup of the Rams/Niners game in LA which I will be at by the way..:):5_1_12024::dance:

Always wanted to see a Rams/Niners game in LA my whole life and for sure want to see then in the LA coliseum before they go into the new stadium next year. Unlike the sheep in La who are thrilled about the new stadium,I am PISSED about it, playing in a stadium in SUNNY california with a roof over your head.How fucking stupid is that and yet they are excited about that.jesus christ the stupidity of NFL fans.:rolleyes:

back in the OLD DAYS when the LA coliseum was built,those were the good old days before these greedy evil owners put a shiny brand new stadium over history and tradition.:mad: give me the old decrept LA coliseum ANYDAY of the year over a state of the art fucking new stadiumity.:mad:
The browns are showing no defense or offense in week 5. They aren’t showing us shit.
You can see they have the potential. But mistakes and not completing the process on drives is hurting them. That is what many teams do. But in their defense they did not even do that for many years. Their fans may still see some light though.

You can see they have the potential. But mistakes and not completing the process on drives is hurting them. That is what many teams do. But in their defense they did not even do that for many years. Their fans may still see some light though.

Baker Mayfield is not looking like an NFL caliber quarterback at all.He is a work in process.It may take him a few years to develop. Eli Manning did not look like an NFL quarterback his first four years in the league either so he might be the same as him,one that is going to take a few years to look like one. He wasnt getting any help either,when he DID start playing well,his receivers started dropping passes.

Browns fans shouldnt get too down about this loss though. they lost to a team that is MUCH better this year than last year and in still undefeated.the Browns are still a work in progress. I still say they need a new coach to REALLY turn things around though.

Baker Mayfield is not looking like an NFL caliber quarterback at all.He is a work in process.It may take him a few years to develop. Eli Manning did not look like an NFL quarterback his first four years in the league either so he might be the same as him,one that is going to take a few years to look like one. He wasnt getting any help either,when he DID start playing well,his receivers started dropping passes.

Browns fans shouldnt get too down about this loss though. they lost to a team that is MUCH better this year than last year and in still undefeated.the Browns are still a work in progress. I still say they need a new coach to REALLY turn things around though.

I think our new coach is making a difference. I doubted him but not any more.

You know who else isn't looking as good as he did last year? The Bears QB. Trubisky. He's hurt but even when he's not, I think he has limited skills. Not accurate they were saying. Good! I want the Lions to win.

I'm not sure if Dak Prescott has what it takes either. His first year I said he was great but now I'm thinking, and hoping, he's not that good. I don't hate the guy except he's on a team I hate.

I don't hate the Browns. They have to be a better team and when they do get better then I'll first root for them because I love good new teams. Like KC. Who wasn't rooting for Mahomes last year? But this year I'm rooting against him. I rooted for Cam Newton too his rookie year but now I hope he never makes the playoffs.

I secretly root for Aaron Rodgers too but I hope one day he wakes up and can no longer throw a good football. As a Lions fan I want him to live a long healthy life but outside of football. JINKS!

Matt Stafford has gotten better and better. He's playing the best I've ever seen.

You know who else isn't looking as good as he did last year? The Bears QB. Trubisky. He's hurt but even when he's not, I think he has limited skills. Not accurate they were saying. Good! I want the Lions to win.

I'm not sure if Dak Prescott has what it takes either. His first year I said he was great but now I'm thinking, and hoping, he's not that good. I don't hate the guy except he's on a team I hate.

I don't hate the Browns. They have to be a better team and when they do get better then I'll first root for them because I love good new teams. Like KC. Who wasn't rooting for Mahomes last year? But this year I'm rooting against him. I rooted for Cam Newton too his rookie year but now I hope he never makes the playoffs.

I secretly root for Aaron Rodgers too but I hope one day he wakes up and can no longer throw a good football. As a Lions fan I want him to live a long healthy life but outside of football. JINKS!

Matt Stafford has gotten better and better. He's playing the best I've ever seen.

Yeah dak is the FIRST QB of the cowboys they have had since Roger staubach that I LIKE so because of that its hard to hate the cowturds like i did for so many decades after staubach retired. those cowboys i always liked with stabach as QB and tom landry as their coach,they were class act guys but since then i have hated them especially since jerry jones bought them. Prescott seems like a nice guy,too bad he has to work for such an asshole owner. yeah if it were not for the pukers,your Lions would have a chance to go to the superbowl.maybe rodgers will get hurt and that can still happen? lol you never know,he IS injury prone you know.LOL but yeah prescott seems to have regressed same as cam newton has.

Yeah dak is the FIRST QB of the cowboys they have had since Roger staubach that I LIKE so because of that its hard to hate the cowturds like i did for so many decades after staubach retired. those cowboys i always liked with stabach as QB and tom landry as their coach,they were class act guys but since then i have hated them especially since jerry jones bought them. Prescott seems like a nice guy,too bad he has to work for such an asshole owner. yeah if it were not for the pukers,your Lions would have a chance to go to the superbowl.maybe rodgers will get hurt and that can still happen? lol you never know,he IS injury prone you know.LOL but yeah prescott seems to have regressed same as cam newton has.

The Lions look so good I can see them beating the Packers twice this year, maybe beat the Bears twice and the Vikings twice. If we do that we will make the playoffs. The packers have 1 loss and we have 1 loss and 1 tie.

Here is a face only a mother, or Dallas fan, could love

njafwmelxuf2dokkbssn

Seattle-Seahawks-v-Arizona-Cardinals-fd7f73c5cbb4fb3ec574fb35d113a752.jpg

Here is a guy I would normally like except for he played for the Cowboys

The Lions look so good I can see them beating the Packers twice this year, maybe beat the Bears twice and the Vikings twice. If we do that we will make the playoffs. The packers have 1 loss and we have 1 loss and 1 tie.

Here is a face only a mother, or Dallas fan, could love

njafwmelxuf2dokkbssn

Seattle-Seahawks-v-Arizona-Cardinals-fd7f73c5cbb4fb3ec574fb35d113a752.jpg

Here is a guy I would normally like except for he played for the Cowboys

Hope you're not talking about the gayboy below with the hat?:abgg2q.jpg:

I couldnt stand Aikman but Aikman had nothing on Romo the homo.

speaking of your Lions,yeah some sports people seem to agree with you that this Lions team is different than the Lions teams of the past.Their coach really seems to have changed the culture in the locker room.

while watching the 4th quarter of that Lions/Chiefs game I heard the announcers saying-this team just feels different than past Lions teams.The Lions teams from the past after having a turnover would have folded,these Lions have one after another and they are not fazed by it,they keep coming back.

that coach seems to have instilled a belief in them that they CAN win.

as i said before on another thread to you.cleveland and detroit fans have suffered for so long,the browns have a long way to go and still have a lot to prove if they are a playoff team this year. THEY wont go to the superbowl the fact they play in the AFC where the refs giftwrap trips to the cheatriots every year,but who knows,maybe this is the year for the Lions to FINALLY get to the superbowl. you never know.

Funny you should say the Niners are improved. It has occurred to me that both the Niners and Eagles had Chip Kelly as previous coaches. The Eagles improved to get back in the playoffs and actually won the Super Bowl. The Niners look to at this point to be a playoff team or a much better competitor.

Funny you should say the Niners are improved. It has occurred to me that both the Niners and Eagles had Chip Kelly as previous coaches. The Eagles improved to get back in the playoffs and actually won the Super Bowl. The Niners look to at this point to be a playoff team or a much better competitor.

Kelly was never given a fair shake to succeed in the NFL. He was given washed up Vick as his quarterback when he was with them and and a no name QB i cant even remember when he was in SF.

Think Shannahan could have doen any better with those QB's? obviously not.Look at the two losing seasons he has had with SF when he did not have a good QB to work with the past two years.

You give Kelly a weapon that makes a difference like Jimmy G,he doesnt lose his job I guarantee.

Kelly was never given a fair shake to succeed in the NFL. He was given washed up Vick as his quarterback when he was with them and and a no name QB i cant even remember when he was in SF.

Think Shannahan could have doen any better with those QB's? obviously not.Look at the two losing seasons he has had with SF when he did not have a good QB to work with the past two years.

You give Kelly a weapon that makes a difference like Jimmy G,he doesnt lose his job I guarantee.
How did Jim harbaugh get the 49rs to the Super Bowl but now he’s sucking as head coach for Michigan?

He really was a good coach that year he took sf to the super bowl. The lions were a pretty good team that year until sf beat us and harbaugh gave lions coach Jim Schwartz a very disrespectful handshake at the end of the game. Harbaugh literally stole Schwartz’ mojo and the lions sucked the rest of the year. Green Bay kept blowing games but the lions did too. So we got a wild card and lost to Dallas and Green Bay got home field in the first round.

Philly fans had a hard time digesting the trade of Leshaun McCoy and releasing Deshaun Jackson. The team did not even get a draft pick for him. Kelly's system worked the first year or so. But the speed of the offensive plays put the defense on the field for incredible amounts of time if the offense went three and out. By the third year the players seemed to be turning on him. His system needs more players dressed for the game. I believe the NFL teams use some variants of his offense when they speed it up at times.

It looks like I called it.not that I watch the NFL or care anymore but my prediction from a year ago looks on target,they are 6 and 3 and looking pretty good to have their first winning season in decades now to avoid being the Cleveland clowns. Baker Mayfield looks like he has brought a new atmosphere to the locker room and Dorsey was there long enough before he was foolishly fired,to have changed the culture and mindset of the team.
This team is different than the browns teams from the past.the clowns teams they always had,never had a game where they put up 49 points in a game and outdueled that team to win.they got a pretty easy schedule ahead of them as well so it looks good for them

many people wrote them off because they did not succeeed immediately with mayfield out of the pocket,I said it was going to take some patience in a few years and things would be differerent.vert few qbs come straight out of college and turn the fortunes of a franchise around immediately in their first season.

as you can see from the op I made last year, I said they for sure would be a playoff contender this year.don’t know if they’ll make the playoffs but they should have a winning season though,that’s the first step. I obviously goofed in saying the Steelers were going downhill though.

Last edited:
It looks like I called it.not that I watch the NFL or care anymore but my prediction from a year ago looks on target,they are 6 and 3 and looking pretty good to have their first winning season in decades now to avoid being the Cleveland clowns. Baker Mayfield looks like he has brought a new atmosphere to the locker room and Dorsey was there long enough before he was foolishly fired,to have changed the culture and mindset of the team.
This team is different than the browns teams from the past.the clowns teams they always had,never had a game where they put up 49 points in a game and outdueled that team to win.they got a pretty easy schedule ahead of them as well so it looks good for them

many people wrote them off because they did not succeeed immediately with mayfield out of the pocket,I said it was going to take some patience in a few years and things would be differerent.vert few qbs come straight out of college and turn the fortunes of a franchise around immediately in their first season.

as you can see from the op I made last year, I said they for sure would be a playoff contender this year.don’t know if they’ll make the playoffs but they should have a winning season though,that’s the first step. I obviously goofed in saying the Steelers were going downhill though.
Funny how the truth of me predicting the browns fortunes from a year ago with this post here that pooper is so butthurt over my accurate prediction,he try’s to laugh it off.him and smellybozo are two peas in a pod.

The Browns at last have put together a team capable of winning. They invested in the offensive line finally. Now we have a chance for a franchise quarter back to develop some chemistry with out spending all day every Sunday on his back. I have to wonder how many franchise quarterbacks we went through throwing them in to a game with no protection. Stephanski has also developed a run play action pass offense behind a more than capable and deep line. With the addition of hunt and chubb providing a bruising running game the defenses can no longer make this team one dimensional. The defense must respond and protect against the run for every play action pass allowing for open receivers down field and a great completion percentage on these plays. Stephanski has taken a great deal of pressure off Mayfield and this has allowed him to progress with this offense. As Mayfield continues to get snaps chemistry will grow allowing for a more complex and explosive offense. The offense is set at this point and quite frankly much more progressed than I anticipated at this time. LA Rams fan was a little ahead on this schedule than I was. My expectations for this season was for a winning season how ever I did not expect a playoff team this year. My predictions were for next year. The defensive line is a strong point in the defense and may be even bettorer next considering the type of proven talent available in free agency this year. The Browns have cap space and could be real players in the acquisition of JJ watt. This would be a nightmare for opposing offenses. The Browns weel point right now is on defense and mainly in pass defense. We have a lock down corner in Ward but are suspect at the other corner and safety positions. We are also suspect in the line backing positions. Our metrics guys do not stress the line backer position and will likely address the corner and safety positions first. I am in progress in evaluating what is available in the draft for these positions and the free agent market. I finally expect my Browns to be play off contenders into to foreseeable future! Finally years of tears are over!

Last edited:

Funny how the truth of me predicting the browns fortunes from a year ago with this post here that pooper is so butthurt over my accurate prediction,he try’s to laugh it off.him and smellybozo are two peas in a pod.
Sorry JuJu Smith-Schuster, the Browns are no longer JUST THE BROWNS. They have a solid quarterback, a great backfield, play without mistakes most of the time and are well coached.

Sorry JuJu Smith-Schuster, the Browns are no longer JUST THE BROWNS. They have a solid quarterback, a great backfield, play without mistakes most of the time and are well coached.
I take it that first part of your sentence there was directed at thst troll pooper? Lol I think that was the key ingredient to them having a winning season this year was they got a good coach,had they stayed with the coach they had at the beginning of the year last year,no way would they have done any better.they were the most penalized team in the NFL the first half of the season last year and that’s a reflection of the head coach.In that Rams game that I watched last year it was mentioned in that game was how I was aware of that fact last year.

The Browns at last have put together a team capable of winning. They invested in the offensive line finally. Now we have a chance for a franchise quarter back to develop some chemistry with out spending all day every Sunday on his back. I have to wonder how many franchise quarterbacks we went through throwing them in to a game with no protection. Stephanski has also developed a run play action pass offense behind a more than capable and deep line. With the addition of hunt and chubb providing a bruising running game the defenses can no longer make this team one dimensional. The defense must respond and protect against the run for every play action pass allowing for open receivers down field and a great completion percentage on these plays. Stephanski has taken a great deal of pressure off Mayfield and this has allowed him to progress with this offense. As Mayfield continues to get snaps chemistry will grow allowing for a more complex and explosive offense. The offense is set at this point and quite frankly much more progressed than I anticipated at this time. LA Rams fan was a little ahead on this schedule than I was. My expectations for this season was for a winning season how ever I did not expect a playoff team this year. My predictions were for next year. The defensive line is a strong point in the defense and may be even bettorer next considering the type of proven talent available in free agency this year. The Browns have cap space and could be real players in the acquisition of JJ watt. This would be a nightmare for opposing offenses. The Browns weel point right now is on defense and mainly in pass defense. We have a lock down corner in Ward but are suspect at the other corner and safety positions. We are also suspect in the line backing positions. Our metrics guys do not stress the line backer position and will likely address the corner and safety positions first. I am in progress in evaluating what is available in the draft for these positions and the free agent market. I finally expect my Browns to be play off contenders into to foreseeable future! Finally years of tears are over!
Very informative articulate post. :thup: That was key for mayfield was having a good offensive line to work behind him obviously.yeah that Chubb guy is really good,I have seen some highlights of him this year on the net,he’s a beast and what a pickup that was getting hunt,I don’t think my prediction last year that it would be realistic that they would be a playoff contender this year would have been accurate had they not sighed those two guys.they are a deadly one two punch. For sure brings back memories of the days when they were regular visitors to the playoffs every year under Marty schottenheimer when they also had that deadly one two punch of running backs Kevin Mack and Ernest Byner,at one time Marty shottenheimer was a good coach,those were his days with Cleveland obviously.

Mayfield has really progressed as a QB this year,I have heard from people that have watched their games,they can see the difference in his demeanor in the huddle and how his passes are more accurate now vs last season. I was only confidant the Browns would be a playoff contender this year because you knew Mayfield would really develop and blossom his third season.I knew nothing whatsoever about him when the Browns first drafted him but I do remember seeing at this site at the time at least one Browns fan saying back then that with mayfield as their quarterback,he expected their fortunes to finally changed so it was probably you that said that back then sense there are not any other Browns fans here that we know of.:biggrin: I knew enough to know he was something special,that he would turn their fortunes around as Russel,Wilson did for the seahawks.who Knows,he might even be a future hall of gamer as Wilson is slated to be.

yeah you ain’t kidding,your years of playoff torment are finally over.they look like they are for sure going to be Super Bowl contenders for years to come and the glory days of being regular visitors to the playoffs every year as they were under marty schottenheimer are back again. It’s amazing the similarities how both those teams had a deadly one two punch running game huh? Big Ben is clearly on his last legs and seriously needS to retire. You know he won’t be around for more than a couple more years if even that so once they lose him,you know their franchise will go downhill from there sothe Ravens will be the only team in their division at that point to compete with in the future.

You echoed my sentiments,they don’t have much of a defense at all.I noticed that a handful of their games they played in this year,that while there were many games where the offense was on fire,the defense gave up as many points.to get to the Super Bowl in the future,they are going to have to fix that defense obviously.Browns fans are now elated to finally just have a winning season after decades of being known as the Cleveland clowns and are grateful at being in the playoffs but eventually when they make being in the playoffs a normal routine every year,they are not going to be satisfied as they are now of just making the playoffs,they will expect mayfield to deliver them to the Super Bowl eventually. You can’t get to the Super Bowl without a defense just ask Dan Marino,he knows all too well never having a defense and only an offensive scoring machine but a defense that was Swiss cheese that always gave up as much as it scored. Tony Dungy promised Peyton Manning that eventually he would get him a defense that would get him to a Super Bowl and he did.The Browns won’t have to have an excellent defense to get there,just an improved one.that’s the ticket.that was the ticket to manning getting his colts teams he played most his career with to the Super Bowl as well was him never had an outstanding great defense,but just enough couple of key really good players and a defense that was not Swiss cheese as the defenses marino always had,that they improved enough to be adequate enough to where teams did not score at will and score as much as the colts scored on offense,having an excellent defensive minded coach in tony dungy was key for Manning back then. Don’t know anything about this head coach but if he is anything of a good defensive minded coach,through the draft they could build that defense to be just good enough as well.

Forum List

Back