Brownback joins governors’ call for extension of renewable energy credit

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Brownback joins governors? call for extension of renewable energy credit - Wichita Business Journal

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback and three other governors said during a conference call Tuesday that Congress needs to make extending the renewable energy production tax credit a priority as it begins its lame-duck session today.

The support is there from a diverse set of legislators, both Democrats and Republicans, said Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who hosted the call and echoed the governors’ calls for renewal.

“I strongly believe there is support in both the House and the Senate,” he said.

I think all energy should get a fair hand right across. IF oil, coal and fossil fuels get subsidies then this should too. Seems fair.

Brownback joins governors? call for extension of renewable energy credit - Wichita Business Journal

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback and three other governors said during a conference call Tuesday that Congress needs to make extending the renewable energy production tax credit a priority as it begins its lame-duck session today.

The support is there from a diverse set of legislators, both Democrats and Republicans, said Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who hosted the call and echoed the governors’ calls for renewal.

“I strongly believe there is support in both the House and the Senate,” he said.

I think all energy should get a fair hand right across. IF oil, coal and fossil fuels get subsidies then this should too. Seems fair.

Your on the wrong side of this one. Oil get no special credits over any other manufacturer, these folks arleady enjoy the same as the oil industry, they have been getting more and don't want to lose it. We've already subsidized their start up cost, if they can't hang they need to go away.

Forum List

Back