Brownback in Kasas vetoed medicaid expansion

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Medicaid expansion passed both houses in Kansas in recent days, even as the Republican Congress was trying to end Medicaid as we know it, but Gov. Sam Brownback (R) vetoed the legislation this morning. Among his reasons:

Most grievously, this legislation funnels more taxpayer dollars to Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry. From its infancy, the state of Kansas has affirmed the dignity and equality of each human life. I will not support this legislation that continues to fund organizations that undermine a culture of life.

More soon.

Brownback Vetoes Medicaid Expansion

even after some moderate Republicans wanted it. His excuse of course is not valid. (nothing to do with paying for abortions, and he gave a different excuse before. Another GOP using the abortion excuse as though a fetus inside in the womb is more important than a baby outside the womb. How can anyone put up with this mentality.

The Kansas Senate has 31 Republicans and 13 Democrats, and the vote was 25 to 13, and he vetoed it. Nasty man.

Good. That state can't afford it, what with its suboptimal economic situation.

Really the maj of money comes via the Federal Government. All of it use to.

Don't really think we can trust the feds to pitch in just the right amount, which would result in the money being a wasteful expenditure that won't help in the long run.

The Kansas Senate has 31 Republicans and 13 Democrats, and the vote was 25 to 13, and he vetoed it. Nasty man.

For anyone who knows anything, Kansas republicans are split in a great divide.

In Kansas republicans and democrats don't like each other.

Moderate republicans and conservative republicans hate each other.

Please refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about (or IOW....stop posting altogether).

Please refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about (or IOW....stop posting altogether).

Obviously , you have your tea party group and your moderate group. Brownback has the lowest rating of all governors. His extreme tax cuts didn't help anything. We have the same in MI now.

Very simple. He should have said.....

Medicaid is an Illegal, Unconstitutional, and Immoral piece of legislation that should have been overturned by the SCOTUS decades ago. As such, I will not allow the citizens of this State to be made Accessories if not Co-Conspirators to such a crime, regardless of what the Legislature says on the matter.

Obviously , you have your tea party group and your moderate group. Brownback has the lowest rating of all governors. His extreme tax cuts didn't help anything. We have the same in MI now.

The people of Kansas are in charge of Kansas, not Barack Obama or Donald Trump.

Brownback was elected (foolishily, in my opionion) governor. He cut budgets and hurt their education systems.

They will sort it out.

You can help do that in MI and I wish you all the luck in the world.

You don't seem to know much about Medicaid funding.

FACT is, this exactly like defunding Planned Parenthood using the lie of tax-funded abortions"

It's just another way to punish the poor, especially women and children.

And of course, it's being done by people who say they are christian.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

It's just another way to punish the poor

How are the poor being punished?

especially women

I thought men and women were equal. Your comment would suggest women are less capable of providing for themselves, which wouldn't be very liberal or feminist of you, now, would it?

Forum List

Back