Brown wants to cut California science education

I have decided to be nicer to rdean, so I will save him the trouble of coming in here and blaming the Republicans for this.

Those nasty Republicans are at it again, why do they hate poor people? And Science? And minorities?

California Governor Jerry Brown’s proposed 2012-2013 budget would eliminate a second year of science as a minimum requirement to graduate from high school.

The proposed change to science graduation requirements comes as President Barack Obama is urging colleges to graduate 10,000 more engineers a year and 100,000 new teachers who majored in the science, technology engineering and math fields.

Only 21 percent of 12th graders surveyed nationwide in 2009 by the National Assessment of Educational Progress scored proficient or above on questions related to physical, life, Earth and space science.

At the elementary level, a recent study led by the Lawrence Hall of Science at UC Berkeley found 10 percent of California elementary school students regularly get hands-on science lessons and one-third of elementary school teachers feel prepared to teach science.

And the dearth of in-depth science study is more acute on campuses that serve low-income students, the study found.

Every Child Left Behind? | Culture of Science

What do you care? Right wingers don't like science. They think it's a "faith" that competes your "occult theories". You should be dancing in the streets.

We have a completely democratic legislature. We have a democrat as governor. Blaming republicans in California doens't work very well.

Your stupidity is only enhanced by your ignorance.

And your hubris is only enhanced by your blatant lies.

If you have evidence of any lies, blatant, by omission or commission, do tell. If not, apologize for the libel. Don't runaway, you've made an allegation, be a man and provide proof or admit you lied.

Failure to do so by the end of the day is strong evidence that you are a liar and too cowardly to stand up like a man.

I have decided to be nicer to rdean, so I will save him the trouble of coming in here and blaming the Republicans for this.

Those nasty Republicans are at it again, why do they hate poor people? And Science? And minorities?

California Governor Jerry Brown’s proposed 2012-2013 budget would eliminate a second year of science as a minimum requirement to graduate from high school.

The proposed change to science graduation requirements comes as President Barack Obama is urging colleges to graduate 10,000 more engineers a year and 100,000 new teachers who majored in the science, technology engineering and math fields.

Only 21 percent of 12th graders surveyed nationwide in 2009 by the National Assessment of Educational Progress scored proficient or above on questions related to physical, life, Earth and space science.

At the elementary level, a recent study led by the Lawrence Hall of Science at UC Berkeley found 10 percent of California elementary school students regularly get hands-on science lessons and one-third of elementary school teachers feel prepared to teach science.

And the dearth of in-depth science study is more acute on campuses that serve low-income students, the study found.

What do you care? Right wingers don't like science. They think it's a "faith" that competes your "occult theories". You should be dancing in the streets.

I know more about science than you do.

Your stupidity is only enhanced by your ignorance.

If you have evidence of any lies, blatant, by omission or commission, do tell. If not, apologize for the libel. Don't runaway, you've made an allegation, be a man and provide proof or admit you lied.

Failure to do so by the end of the day is strong evidence that you are a liar and too cowardly to stand up like a man.

You claim the Republicans are to blame, PROVIDE evidence. And we are talking about California not the Country so no amount of you citing Federal programs will matter or be proof.

You claim the Republicans are to blame, PROVIDE evidence. And we are talking about California not the Country so no amount of you citing Federal programs will matter or be proof.

The California Republican party refuses to raise taxes. Gov. Brown inherited from Gov. Arnold a $26 Billion deficit and he has made deep cuts which will affect our seniors, the infirm, school aged children, infants, counties, cities, special districts, traffic conditions, public safety, small and large business, etc. etc.

In that respect the California Republican legislators are putting ideology over the very lives of the citizens of our state. I'd go into greater detail but I've learned doing so is a waste of time and the typical response from the willfully ignorant is to call me a liar as did the lying coward Don't Tax Me Bro.

The California Republican party refuses to raise taxes. Gov. Brown inherited from Gov. Arnold a $26 Billion deficit and he has made deep cuts which will affect our seniors, the infirm, school aged children, infants, counties, cities, special districts, traffic conditions, public safety, small and large business, etc. etc.

In that respect the California Republican legislators are putting ideology over the very lives of the citizens of our state. I'd go into greater detail but I've learned doing so is a waste of time and the typical response from the willfully ignorant is to call me a liar as did the lying coward Don't Tax Me Bro.

The people of California got so tired of all the tax increases coming out of Sacramento they amended the the constitution to force the legislature to have a two thirds majority before they raised the taxes. They have also consistently voted against most of the tax increases that the Democrats insist are the only way to keep the state running. Someone who is unbiased might conclude that the Republicans are the only ones that care about what the people want, which seems to be lower taxes.

The people of California got so tired of all the tax increases coming out of Sacramento they amended the the constitution to force the legislature to have a two thirds majority before they raised the taxes. They have also consistently voted against most of the tax increases that the Democrats insist are the only way to keep the state running. Someone who is unbiased might conclude that the Republicans are the only ones that care about what the people want, which seems to be lower taxes.

We'll see come November; not all of the people only care about lower taxes.

It will be interesting to see how much anonymous money - under the provision of CU v. FEC - is tossed into the proposition the Gov. hopes will raise the sales tax 1%; the income tax on those who make $500,000 a mere 1%, and those who make over $ 1 million dollars 2% (less than the cost of a new car).

I'd go into greater detail but I've learned doing so is a waste of time and the typical response from the willfully ignorant is to call me a liar as did the lying coward Don't Tax Me Bro.

They DO account for 50% of the deficit. The point is.... our money problems would be half as bad if only that one problem was dealt with.

There would be no need for brown to cut science classes if the money spent on education for illegals was used stopped.

So, what do all those illegal kids do when not in school?

(This has been tried with Prop 186, btw)

How about you support rounding them up and sending them BACK to Mexico? What a fucking concept.
That is happening...but never fast enough.

We'll see come November; not all of the people only care about lower taxes.

It will be interesting to see how much anonymous money - under the provision of CU v. FEC - is tossed into the proposition the Gov. hopes will raise the sales tax 1%; the income tax on those who make $500,000 a mere 1%, and those who make over $ 1 million dollars 2% (less than the cost of a new car).

I'd go into greater detail but I've learned doing so is a waste of time and the typical response from the willfully ignorant is to call me a liar as did the lying coward Don't Tax Me Bro.

You forgot that he also wants to raise the income tax on people making $250,000 a whole percentage point, but feel free to pretend I don't understand numbers.

I found your site. You do know more about "science" then me.

Spells Of Magic - Learn Witchcraft, Wicca and Magic

tiny_LMS17.JPG

can you mis-characterize that and cherry pick anymore than this you dishonest slobbering wreck? :rolleyes:

the cali leg has been dem. since jesus was in knickers, Arnold the rino, even he was couldn't do squat, he got hammered into a pile of shit by the dem. leg and the unions when he tried, and, what did HE inherit from gray davis? you sue that bullshit with bush so take the pipe bucko.

what leg. and gov, spent so far ahead of pop growth and inflation? you know who.....we voted to make them have to come up with a 2/3's vote to raise taxes thank god or this state would be even more of a wreck than it is, but brown will try anyway.

The dems fed the masses the drugs and cannot get them off the crack without fucking themselves, now instead of cutting off the money and prgms you never should have funded or over funded to buy votes, its time to scare the shit out of everyone and threaten to let the criminals go and drop funds for police etc....dishonest hacks, the next election is all they cared about and now, the rubber is going to meet the road, party time is over.

Last edited:

I found your site. You do know more about "science" then me.

Spells Of Magic - Learn Witchcraft, Wicca and Magic

tiny_LMS17.JPG

How often have I corrected your science? Just recently I challenged you to defend your choice of the solar wind hypothesis to explain Mars atmosphere, and you never responded.

prop 13 still effecting California
Right! Because raising taxes on the evil rich (me) will fix it!

When California put a tax on us out of state home owners you know what I did? I made my renter pay it. $75 bucks a month in my case.

You have three guesses as to what I'm gonna' do if my property taxes go up in California.

Prop 13 has placed the burden on the younger generation in California. Our home is worth three times more than the home of our son whose home is less than a mile from ours.

His property taxes are three times ours and he and we receive the same services, same school district, water, BART, etc.

Major property owners do not sell their land, apartment buildings, office buildings, etc. Prob 13 benefits the 1%, not the rest of us.
Then sell your home, and buy a new one, so you can then pay your "fair share". No one is stopping you; so I suggest, that you put your own butt, and your own money, NOT someone else's, where your mouth and your ideology are, or shut up! Lead by example, if you're so gung-ho on forcing that ideology on other folks! If it's fair for them, it must be fair for you, right?

Meanwhile, classes on Homosexuals and Cross-dressers will be mandatory.

Gov. Brown does not WANT to cut education or social services to the aged or disabled. He is simply outing the Republicans who for too long have held the state hostage by their antics. I'd explain it to you windbag, but your mind is made up and willful ignorance is a hard nut to crack. Better you continue to troll and point fingers of blame at the Gov. and others who challenge the status quo, debate real issues and means to solve real problems is not the red meat you crave.

yea im sure he doesn't that's why i see articles like this popping up every month....
California Budget Cuts: Jerry Brown To Impose Another $1 Billion In Cuts

and Quit blaming the goddamned Republicans.....the problems in this State rest on the people who live here and who they put into office and what they vote on.....and the majority of everything in this from voters to Legislators are Democrats....

thats funny you think i am a "Right Winger" and yet i took every Science class i could get into....more Dean bullshit....

Forum List

Back