Brown Vetos Budget

Responding to a non-nonsensical, partisan reply with proper (and well deserved clarification) is pushing a button? :eusa_eh:
You're weirder than you post.

The budget was passed without any Republican Votes, it was passed by the Democrats. Brown is a Democrat. Hence, Brown was not acting as a typical partisan, though, I suspect you will attempt to spin it so as not to appear so ignorant. Brown's comment was, "We're going to get something better, you can be sure of that...I'm going to give them a chance to be heroes".

From the CNN article:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- California Governor Jerry Brown vetoed Thursday the budget passed by state lawmakers the day before that relied on spending cuts, fund transfers and one-time revenue boosts.

Brown, who has promised for months that he would present Californians with a gimmick-free budget that solves the state's $26 billion deficit with a combination of tax extensions and spending cuts, said the legislators' budget was not a balanced solution.

"It continues big deficits for years to come and adds billions of dollars of new debt. It also contains legally questionable maneuvers, costly borrowing and unrealistic savings," he said. "We can -- and must -- do better."

In vetoing the budget, the governor, a Democrat, once again lashed out at Republican lawmakers. He called on them to put his plan to extend personal income and sales tax hikes on the ballot.

Brown vetoes California budget - Jun. 16, 2011

Obviously it's the Repubs fault again that he can't raise taxes to help balance the budget in a Democratic controlled assembly.

Yes, it is the Republicans fault, they have refused to raise taxes based on ideology, not principle, for years. Pointing out the obvious isn't typical politics, and when a governor veto's a bill of such imporatance to everyone in the state, what do you suggest he say?

The Republican's in California vote in lock-step for one reason only, to protect their jobs. Writing that is not placing blame, it's simply explaining the reality of a situation. Want to hear blame, play the words of the Republic candidates comments at the debate last monday.

Responding to a non-nonsensical, partisan reply with proper (and well deserved clarification) is pushing a button? :eusa_eh:
You're weirder than you post.

The budget was passed without any Republican Votes, it was passed by the Democrats. Brown is a Democrat. Hence, Brown was not acting as a typical partisan, though, I suspect you will attempt to spin it so as not to appear so ignorant. Brown's comment was, "We're going to get something better, you can be sure of that...I'm going to give them a chance to be heroes".

From the CNN article:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- California Governor Jerry Brown vetoed Thursday the budget passed by state lawmakers the day before that relied on spending cuts, fund transfers and one-time revenue boosts.

Brown, who has promised for months that he would present Californians with a gimmick-free budget that solves the state's $26 billion deficit with a combination of tax extensions and spending cuts, said the legislators' budget was not a balanced solution.

"It continues big deficits for years to come and adds billions of dollars of new debt. It also contains legally questionable maneuvers, costly borrowing and unrealistic savings," he said. "We can -- and must -- do better."

In vetoing the budget, the governor, a Democrat, once again lashed out at Republican lawmakers. He called on them to put his plan to extend personal income and sales tax hikes on the ballot.

Obviously it's the Repubs fault again that he can't raise taxes to help balance the budget in a Democratic controlled assembly.

Are you trying to confuse the issue with facts?

From the CNN article:

Yes, it is the Republicans fault, they have refused to raise taxes based on ideology, not principle, for years. Pointing out the obvious isn't typical politics, and when a governor veto's a bill of such imporatance to everyone in the state, what do you suggest he say?

The Republican's in California vote in lock-step for one reason only, to protect their jobs. Writing that is not placing blame, it's simply explaining the reality of a situation. Want to hear blame, play the words of the Republic candidates comments at the debate last monday.

The only reason it's obvious to you is those blue Borg blinders you love so much. You couldn't make an unbiased, honest assessment if your life depended on it so yes it is politics as usual whether you like it or agree with it or not. People like you are what's wrong with the country, not what's right, it's the hate and fear that you and your opposites pedal as your common stock in trade.
Oh and I know what the Republican candidates messages were, see the previous sentence, but then you obviously think I am a republican because I don't agree with you hence your "republican" comeback. Says a hell of a lot more about you than me but then you'll probably never face reality in the mirror. Keep up the good work oh ye minion of deviousness, hate and fear.

Forum List

Back