Brown the Governor of California

Know why Prop 13 passed?

because there was a lot of rich white people who lived there.
Too bad it did a number on affordable housing.

Can you afford your housing if government taxes you out of it?

Why of course! Move your ass to Mexico and shit in a bucket in your bedroom. They won't tax you to much there.

These cons always looking for a free ride..........

Last edited:
Who had Prop 13 passed against his will to prevent him from doing more damage.

I don't care, he was still governor. Says a lot. :eusa_whistle:

Actually, that was the start of the problems when he was gov. He came in with a surplus and left it with a deficit. They never recovered from it.

I think the start of the problem, was the fact we elected another Californian to be President. And all those rich Californians started out sourcing their jobs.

Everyone talks about how much we tax, but when tax rates were higher, we had more American jobs.

Actually, that was the start of the problems when he was gov. He came in with a surplus and left it with a deficit. They never recovered from it.

I think the start of the problem, was the fact we elected another Californian to be President. And all those rich Californians started out sourcing their jobs.

Everyone talks about how much we tax, but when tax rates were higher, we had more American jobs.

Jerry Brown ran for President.

Jerry Brown ran for President.

We would have probably been better off if he had one.
We still might have a middle class.

because there was a lot of rich white people who lived there.
Too bad it did a number on affordable housing.

Why of course! Move your ass to Mexico and shit in a bucket in your bedroom. They won't tax you to much there.

Should 80 year old people who did nothing but watch their homes appreciate underneath them pay property taxes as if their $600,000 house provides any more utility than when it was a $20,000 house?

If you have owned it for 50 years, should government tax you out of it?

Now I agree with you R. Housing should only be taxed once, when you buy it. IF THEN!!! Any improvements should not be taxed either.

But only on your one residence. Any other property should be taxed heavily to make up that loss. Businesses of all kinds should carry the burden, afterall, they come here to sell us stuff.

Progressives love decline.

Whitman said it herself, she moved to California 30 years ago, beccause it was a great place to live. Brown was governor then. :lol:

I was there thirty years ago. It wasn't that great and neither was Jerry.

Progressives love decline.

Whitman said it herself, she moved to California 30 years ago, beccause it was a great place to live. Brown was governor then. :lol:

Prop 13 did more than any governor to fuck up California.

Should 80 year old people who did nothing but watch their homes appreciate underneath them pay property taxes as if their $600,000 house provides any more utility than when it was a $20,000 house?

They would pay about $8. in rent a day for their own house. It is crazy what gov. does.

Actually no R. In Germany for instance, you pay taxes when you buy a piece of property, ONE TIME TAXATION. After that your property is not taxed, nor should it be. It is why I say Americans never own their property, they just rent it from the government. Don't pay your rent and out you go to the fed-auction.

Last edited:
Brown gave an acceptance speech, but Meg won't come out of her room.
I guess she's pretty pissed at spending $141,000,000. of her own money.

It says that my fellow California's opt for beauty over brains. Personally, I didn't like any candidate... and it doesn't really make a hill of beans of difference anyway. Californians are too stupid to live within their means.

Forum List

Back