Brown: Stimulus Did Not Create One Job

I fail to see Brown's logic behind saying the stimulus didn't create any jobs, and then voting for another stimulus.

The government is not a "player in the market".

The government has a distinct advantage over the rest of the market, whereby it gets to decide via laws how resources are acquired and utilized.

That flies in the face of a free market.

I've got no problem with them using their constitutional authority to regulate aspects of the market, but I don't agree with the DEGREE of regulation they seem to think they're authorized.

The constitution simply does not grant carte blanche.

Last edited:
I fail to see Brown's logic behind saying the stimulus didn't create any jobs, and then voting for another stimulus.

A modest job-creation bill advanced in the U.S. Senate on Monday as the chamber's newest Republican bucked his party and sided with Democrats on a $15 billion package of tax cuts and highway spending.

of course you wouldn't see the logic....he doesn't approve of the 800 billion basically unlimited spend on anything, package that did nothing or little, but he apparently approves of this specific limited stimulus directly related to jobs.....

most rational people, though, see the difference

Let's see how he builds his voting record before giving him the nod for the 2012 GOP nomination.

That being said, the stimulus did create "some" jobs. Brown should probably watch what he says so shit like that isn't held against him in future elections.

-TSO

2012 nomination---You've got to be joking right. We just elected someone that had little experience at "anything"---no way we're going to do it again.

I am now real suspicious over Scott Brown for his YES vote on Stimulus bill Jr. And I fully supported him prior to spending more of our money to supposedly "create private sector jobs." He just lost me---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

A modest job-creation bill advanced in the U.S. Senate on Monday as the chamber's newest Republican bucked his party and sided with Democrats on a $15 billion package of tax cuts and highway spending.

of course you wouldn't see the logic....he doesn't approve of the 800 billion basically unlimited spend on anything, package that did nothing or little, but he apparently approves of this specific limited stimulus directly related to jobs.....

Well you see other rational people realize that government spending, no matter whether it's "targeted" or not, doesn't create any jobs.

And "what" specific jobs would those be? According to what I just read--more highway spending. Scott Brown just proved to me--that he is just another big spending politician that in no way understands how this economy works.

No one can throw money at bridge & road work--with our economy so diverse & expect to create private sector job growth. After all--how many people do you actually know that work on roads & bridges? I don't know anyone.

So we have another ditto-head politician that calls himself a "republican"--LOL.

Last edited:

And "what" specific jobs would those be? According to what I just read--more highway spending. Scott Brown just proved to me--that he is just another big spending politician that in no way understands how this economy works.

No one can throw money at bridge & road work--with our economy so diverse & expect to create private sector job growth. After all--how many people do you actually know that work on roads & bridges? I don't know anyone.

So we have another ditto-head politician that calls himself a "republican"--LOL.

its naive to believe our economy thrives only on private sector jobs

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah--especially in his statement--that well--this bill isn't perfect--but I am voting for it anyway--HELLO. Another dumb ass politician--that doesn't get it.

WE THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY DEMAND PERFECTION FROM OUR GOVERNMENT!

And if you can't give it to us--we'll keep searching until we can find someone who can.

We're sick & tired of all your B.S.--all of you politicians--Republicans & Democrats alike.

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Up to how much now? 12 trillion!!!!!!

It's hilarious how many Republicans say they hate the stimulus bill...then vote for it...then show up at ribbon cuttings to take credit for the jobs created.

Still flying high on that Scott Brown love? He single-handedly stopped the Healthcare bill, right? Oh wait. That's right. He didn't.

Here's a great clip about Republican hypocrisy on the matter from The Young Turks:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgvkLYCqpKo]YouTube - Republicans Busted On Stimulus Hypocrisy By Rachel Maddow[/ame]

Forum List

Back