Broward Schools require Obama speech

Why do politicians feel it's necessary to talk to school kids ?
Do they have some clout that teachers and parents don't ?

If you knew anything about the current High school generation for example, you'd know that many of them are inspired by Obama. Historically, African Americans drop rates are extremely high.

Report | High School Graduation Rates in the United States, Jay P. Greene, Ph. D.

As we all know, Obama's support in that community is in record levels. However, his support among the 18-25 age group and the younger age group is also very high. So Obama is an inspiration to many of their kids, and he gives them hope. That's why Obama should talk to the kids, if he can help at least a couple stay in school then he's done good in my book.

This isn't just some run of the mill politician as much as you'd like to paint it either.

the thread header is a fabrication....it says right there in the link, children can OPT OUT so they are not required to listen to it, which the thread header implies?

so, what's the outrage for....?
In Broward if the kids skip it's an unexcused absence just like it is when they skip otherwise for no good reason.

ohhhhh, my mistake then! this changes things and the header was not fabricated....they can opt out, but it is an unexcused opting out? i guess i need to read more... :eek:

care

the thread header is a fabrication....it says right there in the link, children can OPT OUT so they are not required to listen to it, which the thread header implies?

In Broward if the kids skip it's an unexcused absence just like it is when they skip otherwise for no good reason.

ohhhhh, my mistake then! this changes things and the header was not fabricated....they can opt out, but it is an unexcused opting out? i guess i need to read more... :eek:

care

In Broward County the kids that don't go will be punished.

The other county's kids can opt out

Good grief:blahblah:

care
I don't know why it changes things. It's an unexcused absence just like a kid didn't show up for class because they were discussing the Civil War...

Because Republicans don't believe in education?

Ducks and runs...

This issue is so fucking retarded its beyond belief. "How dare he tell children to work hard in school!"

If only that were what it were about. But it's not... It's that they can't stand any respect being shown to Obama; and the brainwashing they're afraid of is that their kids won't hate him.

They're nutters.

Why do politicians feel it's necessary to talk to school kids ?
Do they have some clout that teachers and parents don't ?

Are you kidding? Do you think that every single thing a kid does in school should not have any interaction with the outside world? If the President of the United States is not fit to speak to kids, who is? Why bring in a fireman? Why bring in a policeman? Why take kids to the zoo? Why take them on field trips? They can just sit in the classroom all day blissfully learning from textbooks with no examples from the outside. Wouldn't that be great?

I have an idea - let's ban all positive messages about school from anybody who isn't a teacher or a parent. What a great idea. If the President can't speak to kids, then why should anybody at all?

Listening to a positive message from the President of the United States - no matter who that President is - reinforces a message that can do nothing but good for kids, and increases the kids' awareness of civics. How can that possibly be bad?

i loved the outside world that school showed me...when i was a child we went on a school trip to see the twin towers being built, a trip to the empire state building and got extra credit for going to see the rockets on christmas break! :D I also got to go to the bronx zoo on a school trip and to the american museum of natural history, a school trip to DC, and a school trip to quebec canada, a school trip to a coat making factory and the Lord only knows how many i have forgotten!

You have to read deeper than the headline to be informed

but Broward officials are holding firm on their decision that students should tune in.

Broward will broadcast the president's address live on the district's television

If only that were what it were about. But it's not... It's that they can't stand any respect being shown to Obama; and the brainwashing they're afraid of is that their kids won't hate him.

They're nutters.

It seems that way.

Of course, the same would apply to anyone who would have criticized Bush for doing the same thing. I liked the idea that W was reading My Pet Goat to kids, albeit he could have reacted a little quicker.

Allow me to laugh at those that wish kids got beat in school for their transgressions but are crying like babies that they might get an unexcused absence.

Wah!

Allow me to laugh at those that wish kids got beat in school for their transgressions but are crying like babies that they might get an unexcused absence.

Wah!

( I think "wah" is crying not laughing--maybe you meant Haw ?):lol:

Controversial Obama School Speech to Introduce New Presidential Youth Program

President Barack Obama's scheduled speech to the nation's school children, scheduled for September 8th, will introduce his new national youth program. The group, called The Obama Youth For Change, will be open to all school age children and will involve activities and club meetings and will provide a uniform to each child.

This new program for the kids will be under the direction of ACORN, and participants will receive a brown shirt just like ACORN wears. The overall organization will be run out of the White House Office of Rhetoric and Empty Promises (part of the Ministry of Truth).

18709-2825-1247swastika.jpg

Obama's speech to the youth is similar to speeches to a nation's children made by another world leader. In the 1930's, Germany's Head of State also founded a children's group and named them after himself. He called them The Hitler Youth.

There is no verification yet to the rumors that children will be taught to turn in their parents for watching Fox News, listening to Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh on the radio, keeping their McCain bumper stickers on their cars, or speaking against the Health Care Plan or Stimulus Packages. Children who report their parents for cheating on their taxes, however, will ensure Mommy or Daddy of getting an appointment in the Obama Administration.

The Spoof : Controversial Obama School Speech to Introduce New Presidential Youth Program funny satire story

and not much now, since the text of the speech has been edited and white house withdrew call for students to 'help' obama.
white house withdraws call for students to 'help' obama - political news - foxnews.com

but that was on sept 3, old news that they called that off, why be upset today about it fitnah?

Care
because people who opt out are being targeted for repercussions.
By you, maybe, but by no one else.

Forum List

Back