Brothers

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
So I went and saw "Brothers" today, it was good but very depressing. My friend Matt and I both agreed, Toby Macguire acted very well in the film and his character was nothing like he has ever played before. The only bad part of the film is that you know what happens to Macguire's character in the film is probably happening all the time in Afghanistan and Irag.

I have not seen the film, but I know the premis, if the brother did bonk the wife of his brother then that is a sin too far for me.

One does not betray brotherhood or even freindship, there are plenty other women out there, any man who goes after his mates woman is fucking more than just the woman.

I have not seen the film, but I know the premis, if the brother did bonk the wife of his brother then that is a sin too far for me.

One does not betray brotherhood or even freindship, there are plenty other women out there, any man who goes after his mates woman is fucking more than just the woman.

I don't want to give anything away, just watch the film because the commercial kind of protray something else.

I don't mind if you give us a spoiler Luissa, I usually figure out plot lines, I am the guy who jumped up in the theater half way through the Sixth Sense and yelled "He is dead and he does not know it!!!!!"

I had to use the fire exit to get out alive.

Last edited:
This isn't a movie where you really have to figure anything out, it has more to do with what the war is doing to some soldiers.

I also figured out the plot of Avatar from just a few blurbs.

Man at war sent to infiltrate enemy becomes friend of the enemy and finds his soul.

A Man Called Horse, Dancing With Wolves, Pocahontas remake on an alien world.

Last edited:
This movie doesn't sugar coat it like some of the other movies that have been made.
At one point I couldn't watch and it wasn't because it was scary or bloody.

One does not betray brotherhood or even friendship, there are plenty other women out there, any man who goes after his mates woman is fucking more than just the woman.

Ain't that the truth.

So I went and saw "Brothers" today, it was good but very depressing. My friend Matt and I both agreed, Toby Macguire acted very well in the film and his character was nothing like he has ever played before. The only bad part of the film is that you know what happens to Macguire's character in the film is probably happening all the time in Afghanistan and Irag.

I know I've been occupied lately, but I've never even heard of this movie. So can you give me a synopsis without giving anything away?

I know I've been occupied lately, but I've never even heard of this movie. So can you give me a synopsis without giving anything away?

Toby MacGuire "Sam" is shipped to Afghanistan and they believe he is killed, his brother Jake Gelinghal who just got our of prison steps in to help his widow and his kids but Sam isn't really dead(they give that away in the commercials).
It is more about what happens when a soldier comes home and him dealing with what happened to him over there and how it effects his family.

o please..this is from mr fuck about himself? being a wee bit hyporcritical arent you....

Ms. Bones, I can promise you this,I have never slept with a freind's wife, girlfreind, or even their object of desire.

Even I believe in greater things than sex.

Only just, but I do.

Last edited:
I have never, ever, removed my wedding ring either.

I really have not.

I do not lie.

I remain silent, as is my 5th amendment right, but I do not lie.

I have a great smile, it seems to work.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back