Brothers Kicked Off HGTV Channel Over Anti-Gay Remarks.

[

HA HA. Nobody knows if Hillary will even be alive in 2016, or in good enough health, or even interested in undergoing the media barrage. And no one knows who the Republican candidate will be. Polls showing Hillary ahead all are in regard to lousy potential candidates. Hillary is notably weak on national security, and highly vulnerable to a good Republican candidate on national security (ex. Peter King, John Bolton, Frank Gaffney, Andrew McCarthy, etc)

None of these guys are politicians or even likable. In case you missed the memo, the GOP has lost its edge on national security, which is what happens when you piss away a Trillion Dollars and 5,000 lives on a personal vendetta based on lies.

The GOP is not going to win on National Security. If they win, it will be on the economy if they can produce a guy who understands the recession isn't just bad because we can't afford a Dressage Horse this year.

[
As for your 55% figure, that is just a popular vote poll number. It is inflated, because of ultra-liberal states with high populations (ex. New York & California). Across the country, the overwhelming majority of states oppose SSM and have bans against it (33 states) They also have bans against queers in a long list of things.

Most of those bans were enacted years ago, and the courts are striking them down as unconstitutional. Further, it really isn't going to matter, at a certain point. Corporations are already recognizing same sex marriages, and it's only a matter of time before the rest of DOMA is struck down, making what any individual state does as irrelevant.

I totally disagree with you about Republicans and National Security. I'd say they are strong on that, their only weakness being thei reluctance to raise taxes on the rich, and spend the money that is needed (ex. ICE agents, CBP officers, NSA, FBI, CIA , etc) As for the Middle East wars, they are proving to both be valid as al Qaeda is now recovering power in Fallujah and Masadi, cities that were won at the cost on many US lives.
Likewise, in Afghanistan, the troops are needed to stay there to keep al Qaeda out, keep the Taliban in defeat, and be in close enough proximity to Pakistan's 100+ nuclear warheads, to quickly rush in and secure them, if the Pakistan govt were to topple, and the nukes would be in danger of falling into the hands of al Qaeda, the Taliban, and other assorted Islamic looneytunes.

As I might have mentioned before, what the courts do now, can easily be reversed if/whenever a Republican govt takes power and changes the composition of the court.
Possibly as soon as January 2017. For now, SSM and other things are still heavily on the prohibition list. Obama has been in office for going on 6 years, has appointed 2 SCOTUS justices, and not a lot has changed, In fact, many SCOTUS decisions have been Conservative oriented, such as the recent Univ. of Michigan Affirmative Action case.

The war is just heating up...can the queers take being bitch slapped?

Sun Trust Bank Reverses After Severing Ties With Benham Brothers Over Pro-Life Views

*Life News ^

After getting national condemnation from pro-life advocates, Sun Trust Bank has reversed its decision to yank real estate contracts with the Benham brothers. The pro-life brothers who were set to be the stars of the next HGTV reality television show “Flip It Forward” have had a refreshing response to the cable network cancelling the program because of their pro-life beliefs. They said they were not bothered by the show being cancelled because of their beliefs. After that blowup received national attention, the Benham Brothers are back in the news because of discrimination over their pro-life views. Initial reports showed SunTrust...

Twin brothers David and Jason Benham have lost their opportunity to host their own HGTV show.

The brothers ran afoul of the network after the site Right Wing Watch published a post about the pair, labeling David Benham as an "anti-gay, anti-choice extremist" for reportedly leading a prayer rally in 2012 outside of the Democratic National Convention held in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The site posted a recording of Benham talking to a talk show host about "homosexuality and its agenda that is attacking the nation" and "demonic ideologies" taking hold in colleges and public schools.

Benham also discusses the fight for North Carolina's Amendment One, which involved a ban on same-sex marriage and civil unions in the state constitution.

The Benham brothers were the planned stars of the HGTV show "Flip It Forward," set to premiere in October, in which they would have helped families purchase homes they otherwise could not afford.

Oh well, one more TV channel deleted from my FAVORITES LIST. Looks like free speech really has been taking a beating in the private enterprise world lately. Hopefully, HGTV will reconsider this ridiculous action and bring the show back on. Or some other network will air it.

As the brothers themselves said >> "With all of the grotesque things that can be seen and heard on television today you would think there would be room for two twin brothers who are faithful to our families, committed to biblical principles, and dedicated professionals. If our faith costs us a television show then so be it."

Benham brothers lose HGTV show after 'anti-gay' remarks - CNN.com

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8296-1344235778-6.gif

Shit happens… when you're on the WRONG side of history.

You stupid fool there is no side to history. That is a retarded leftist fiction that has never made any sense and has been extolled by plenty of lefties like the Nazis, commies, Jacobins and Paris commune, all of whom got run over by history, you stupid fuck.

Oh really?

Twin brothers David and Jason Benham have lost their opportunity to host their own HGTV show.

The brothers ran afoul of the network after the site Right Wing Watch published a post about the pair, labeling David Benham as an "anti-gay, anti-choice extremist" for reportedly leading a prayer rally in 2012 outside of the Democratic National Convention held in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The site posted a recording of Benham talking to a talk show host about "homosexuality and its agenda that is attacking the nation" and "demonic ideologies" taking hold in colleges and public schools.

Benham also discusses the fight for North Carolina's Amendment One, which involved a ban on same-sex marriage and civil unions in the state constitution.

The Benham brothers were the planned stars of the HGTV show "Flip It Forward," set to premiere in October, in which they would have helped families purchase homes they otherwise could not afford.

Oh well, one more TV channel deleted from my FAVORITES LIST. Looks like free speech really has been taking a beating in the private enterprise world lately. Hopefully, HGTV will reconsider this ridiculous action and bring the show back on. Or some other network will air it.

As the brothers themselves said >> "With all of the grotesque things that can be seen and heard on television today you would think there would be room for two twin brothers who are faithful to our families, committed to biblical principles, and dedicated professionals. If our faith costs us a television show then so be it."

As to the title of the OP:

What were the remarks?

As to the title of the OP:

What were the remarks?

"Thursday night, Jason Benham told CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront" that HGTV had vetted the pair.

"When they -- a year and a half ago -- saw some of the footage where my brother was saying the things he was saying, they spoke with us.

"They got to know us a little better and then they made a judgment call, recognizing that David and I have no hate in our heart for anyone.

"We've been running a successful real estate company for the last 11 years and we help all people. There is no discrimination," said Jason Benham.

His comments were echoed by his brother.

"We love all people. I love homosexuals. I love Islam, Muslims, and my brother and I would never discriminate. Never have we -- never would we," said David Benham.

"Never have I ever spoken against homosexuals, as individuals, and gone against them. I speak about an agenda. And that's really what the point of this is -- is that there is an agenda that is seeking to silence the voices of men and women of faith," he added.

The brothers believe HGTV was bullied into its decision because of the media firestorm."

I hate the PC Nazi bastards, gay straight, I don't give a shit. These Nazis are killing our culture of free speech and encouraging people to rat each other out like good little Nazis and Commies would do.

Fuck every god damned one of them. I fucking hate them.

Forum List

Back