Bronze health care plans

Vonique35

Rookie
Oct 14, 2017
What do the sub-par health plans that Trump and his cronies want the young and low income folks to have actually cover? If they are affordable I can't imagine they will cover much. And then who pays for it when one of these subscribers gets in a wreck or gets a disease and nothing is covered? Either the hospital will eat the cost and then pass it on to the next guy, or medicaid will take care of it. I find it interesting that the folks who run this country want citizens who are footing the bill for their free and robust, comprehensive health care plans for life to only have what they can "afford". If they get sick or need "real" health care and go bankrupt, so be it. As long as the politicians are covered, that is.

And what does all this talk about patients having "choices" really mean? They act like we are now going to get choices we never, ever had and it's going to be a wonderland of pick and choose. Are they saying we are now going to be able to say we want to be covered for diabetes but not cancer? What are the choices, really? I know that men don't want to pay for maternity insurance cause they don't give birth, I get it. But the way I understand it there really are not choices. If you get sick, you need "real" care and coverage, period! And you can't usually predict if/when/which disease you get. That's what insurance is for.

What a fallacy that young people don't need much coverage. Cancer, diabetes, and many other conditions don't descriminate by age! I'm sick and tired of hearing it's okay not to have full coverage for ANY reason. Washington is lying to everyone and unfortunately the ones who have bought it hook, line and sinker are probably going to be the ones who suffer the most.

I don't know what they are coming up with but it sounds as if they are responding to those who say they don't want or need healthcare insurance. They are young and healthy and need catastrophic insurance. Something to help cover those very things you name.

If they are affordable I can't imagine they will cover much.

This statement reveals an awful lot about the way some view health insurance.

In essence, you are saying that only unaffordable plans will cover what they need.

Hmmm.................

In essence, you are saying that only unaffordable plans will cover what they need.

Hmmm.................
And I'm only pointing that out because it shows the lie that is being fed to the ignorant; that they will finally be able to afford healthcare. But then when it comes to getting coverage for a disease or when they have a condition, ha ha, the jokes on them! NOT COVERED! And then what happens? They go on the "free care" plan; the hospital loses money; they have to make up the money; they pass the cost onto the next guy whether that is raised premiums or copays or deductibles; THAT IS US! So whether you want to pay with tax dollars or not, You ARE going to pay. Just stop kidding yourself!!

Hmmm.................
And I'm only pointing that out because it shows the lie that is being fed to the ignorant; that they will finally be able to afford healthcare. But then when it comes to getting coverage for a disease or when they have a condition, ha ha, the jokes on them! NOT COVERED! And then what happens? They go on the "free care" plan; the hospital loses money; they have to make up the money; they pass the cost onto the next guy whether that is raised premiums or copays or deductibles; THAT IS US! So whether you want to pay with tax dollars or not, You ARE going to pay. Just stop kidding yourself!!

So, you are saying that health is unaffordable....period.

Yes. I don't think any plan will work unless costs are brought under control and no one seems interested in doing that.

Hmmm.................

Yeah... exactly. This same kind of insanity is present when we talk about health care prices. If health care costs so much that the average person can't afford it, insurance coverage isn't going to solve the problem, mandated or otherwise.

Yes. I don't think any plan will work unless costs are brought under control and no one seems interested in doing that.

And no one seems interested in acknowledging that insurance is the prime driver of higher health care costs. Dumb piled on dumb.

Why do we call it 'health care?' It should be called MEDICAL care. Your health is up to you for the most part isn't it?

Hmmm.................

Yeah... exactly. This same kind of insanity is present when we talk about health care prices. If health care costs so much that the average person can't afford it, insurance coverage isn't going to solve the problem, mandated or otherwise.

I will say, as I have said several times....I'd love to see someone present an economic model that provides the ability to vary some things so that the impact of insurance can be viewed.

I wonder if there are demand curves for cancer treatment ?

Forum List

Back