Britt Hume: Forgiveness depends on Christianity....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I just saw this bullshit on the news this morning.......

Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgiven

By David Edwards and Gavin Dahl
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 -- 10:51 am
Share on Facebook Stumble This!

tigerwoods20080618 Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgivenBuddhism is inferior to Christianity when it comes to forgiveness of sins, according to Fox News pundit Brit Hume. Tiger Woods should turn his back on Buddhism and become a Christian to be forgiven for cheating on his wife, Hume told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday.

"The extent to which he can recover seems to me depends on his faith," said Hume. "He is said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of redemption and forgiveness offered by the Christian faith. My message to Tiger is, 'Tiger turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world."

Woods is the most famous among several American celebrity Buddhists. Richard Gere, Herbie Hancock, Steven Seagal, Leonard Cohen, Tina Turner and Orlando Bloom were recently called the most famous Buddhists in the world. The list goes so far as to argue Tiger Woods is more famous than the Dalai Lama himself.

Hume's statements are particularly ironic given the recent sex scandals encountered by an assortment of Christian politicians.

Two noted journalists criticized Hume's remarks.

Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgiven | Raw Story

What really pisses me off is that kind of attitude that most Christians seem to have today. I mean, it shouldn't really depend on one specific thing leading to God, but rather a person seeking Him out on a daily basis, no matter what faith.

What exactly does Mr. Hume know about Buddhism? I'm guessing not much, as I also saw a segment where Pat Robertson was talking about it, and he was making all sorts of comments on Buddhism, and got all of 'em wrong.

So do most Christians. What ever happened to love one another as yourself?

And, more importantly, what is this sudden trend of everyone (even the political pundits) bringing in Christianity into politics?

Nope......I think the idiots at FAUX should have left this one alone. What's even stupider, is that Hume did it on their Sunday segment where they get to talk about anything they want.

If that's his best as a news person, he should think about converting to NY pooper scooper.

tigerwoods20080618 Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgivenBuddhism is inferior to Christianity when it comes to forgiveness of sins, according to Fox News pundit Brit Hume. Tiger Woods should turn his back on Buddhism and become a Christian to be forgiven for cheating on his wife, Hume told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday.

"The extent to which he can recover seems to me depends on his faith," said Hume. "He is said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of redemption and forgiveness offered by the Christian faith. My message to Tiger is, 'Tiger turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world."

Woods is the most famous among several American celebrity Buddhists. Richard Gere, Herbie Hancock, Steven Seagal, Leonard Cohen, Tina Turner and Orlando Bloom were recently called the most famous Buddhists in the world. The list goes so far as to argue Tiger Woods is more famous than the Dalai Lama himself.

Hume's statements are particularly ironic given the recent sex scandals encountered by an assortment of Christian politicians.

What really pisses me off is that kind of attitude that most Christians seem to have today. I mean, it shouldn't really depend on one specific thing leading to God, but rather a person seeking Him out on a daily basis, no matter what faith.

What exactly does Mr. Hume know about Buddhism? I'm guessing not much, as I also saw a segment where Pat Robertson was talking about it, and he was making all sorts of comments on Buddhism, and got all of 'em wrong.

And, more importantly, what is this sudden trend of everyone (even the political pundits) bringing in Christianity into politics?

Nope......I think the idiots at FAUX should have left this one alone. What's even stupider, is that Hume did it on their Sunday segment where they get to talk about anything they want.

If that's his best as a news person, he should think about converting to NY pooper scooper.

What a load of crap! And why am I NOT surprised this came from the FOX news channel......?

Same here.

And FAUX Noise states they only report "facts".

Unfortunately, Christianity is no longer a "fact" as much as it is a cherry picked former shadow of itself.

Last I heard Brit Hume was an American and enjoys a thing called "freedom of speech." sorry if that bugs democrats but that's just the way it is.

What's funny to me is that you libs who never ever stoop to watching Fox news know so much of what goes on there,, it's just astounding.. the hypocrisy and all.

Last I heard Brit Hume was an American and enjoys a thing called "freedom of speech." sorry if that bugs democrats but that's just the way it is.

Libs are Americans, too, and enjoy the freedom. Doesn't stop Cons on here and elsewhere from saying nasty things. That's the nice thing about Freedom of Speech: people also have the freedom to verbally slam other people when their speech is a bunch of douchebaggery.

:D

Libs are Americans, too, and enjoy the freedom. Doesn't stop Cons on here and elsewhere from saying nasty things. That's the nice thing about Freedom of Speech: people also have the freedom to verbally slam other people when their speech is a bunch of douchebaggery.

I know. I like watching you do it.. it makes you look ignorant and intolerant..

I know. I like watching you do it.. it makes you look ignorant and intolerant..

But of course you just come off smelling like a rose, right?

You DO want to let us know when he gets arrested for what he said...won't you? :rolleyes:

who claimed he would be arrested? link please?

who claimed they wanted to deny him his freedom of speech? link please?

are you claiming that liberals do not have the freedom to criticize Brit Hume's assinine statements?

You DO want to let us know when he gets arrested for what he said...won't you? :rolleyes:

Um, your reference to "freedom of speech". Would you like me to bold it for you? Have you forgotten already? Here, I underlined it too.

Your opinion has nothing to do with whether it's true or not. Saying it pisses you off is like saying, "Shit it pisses me off when people talk about the color of the sky." Who gives a flying fuck?

who claimed they wanted to deny him his freedom of speech? link please?

are you claiming that liberals do not have the freedom to criticize Brit Hume's assinine statements?

Psst! I don't think Willow is have a "all the synapses connect" day.
:cuckoo: If you know what I mean.... :eusa_whistle:

Boy, he really knows how to drone on and on, doesn't he? Mr. Personality...

Forum List

Back