Brits need to learn English...

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
and enunciate more clearly.

I'm watching "Edward the King" which is an old television series, it seems..I found it on Netflix. It's really very good, but for GOD'S SAKES even using the subtitle function you have to guess at about 1/3 of the dialogue. They mutter, slur into their beards, whisper...crap it's annoying. And it comes across as "inaudible INAUDIBLE inaudible" on the subtitle text.

Thank goodness they aren't that hard to figure out.

"mrumphlmphumperdumpfft"

"inaudible Your Majesty, wut wut!"

I say old girl, bit strong, don't you think.
Pip pip.
Tally ho.

Oh I don't mind the accent.

It's the muttering.

"flabblegibbotremrklabllehehheh"

"Six inches off the waist *inaudible* Lillie Langtry in the king's looseblox *inaudible*"

Direct quote.

Americans speak a better English than the Brits do......more understandable

The only ones who are intelligible are the Germans/Prussians...the Kaiser is never inaudible!

North American English is one of the most difficult and hacked languages in existence. Not to mention it's the most difficult to phonetically learn (as far as major languages)..

Our grammar and punctuation is even difficult....

As far as languages and grammar, English is the most complicated...

IMO, I have a difficult time understanding the fools from across the pond, even more so with the Aussies.. They talk like they have 15 sticks of gum in their mouth...

Last edited:
(American) Indians can be hard to understand at first...but once you slow down and gear your ears for much softer sounds you can get it.

The longer you immerse in it though, the more differences you see, and them more subleties.

But flipping brits!

sssheessssnnnnddssindsnnnfjkdl bahaeho

"Inaudible inaudible I pright to ray again and get him to inaudible his meeting"

Linguistically speaking from their perspective we're the ones with the accents...

Still, I cant understand half the shit they say.... Still the Aussies are the worst - I don't understand anything they say....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7jhb8_UPfw]English Motherfucker - YouTube[/ame]

Linguistically speaking from their perspective we're the ones with the accents...

Still, I cant understand half the shit they say.... Still the Aussies are the worst - I don't understand anything they say....

Do we have evidence they're actually using language?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKYL0tW-Ek]Monty Python RAF Banter - YouTube[/ame]

North American English is one of the most difficult and hacked languages in existence. Not to mention it's the most difficult to phonetically learn (as far as major languages)..

Our grammar and punctuation is even difficult....

As far as languages and grammar, English is the most complicated......

Disregard the above nonsense. No language is inherently more difficult than any other.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vafxnkWndI]Blackadder- Best of General Melchett - YouTube[/ame]

ive lived here for years im a Brit , and still find it hard to understand the way you pronounce OUR language especially those for the deep south .
they way you spell is awfull leaving out the u in color for example

you could never understand my language cockney slang( born in east london )
My minces are sore its time to go up the apples to my uncle but first i need to clean my hampsteads

Last edited:
and enunciate more clearly.

I'm watching "Edward the King" which is an old television series, it seems..I found it on Netflix. It's really very good, but for GOD'S SAKES even using the subtitle function you have to guess at about 1/3 of the dialogue. They mutter, slur into their beards, whisper...crap it's annoying. And it comes across as "inaudible INAUDIBLE inaudible" on the subtitle text.

Thank goodness they aren't that hard to figure out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wxdCApymG0]Why can't the English learn to speak - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back