Britons Angered by the US Healthcare Debate

What I don't uderstand is how so much money that people pay for health insurance is sloshing around washington paying off politicans and making massive profits for insuance companys surely that money would be better off in the acuall health care system.
Free health care is seen as a right in many countries not just the UK and OK the Britsh system isn't perfect but I think the US would do a better job of it. everybody else does, the German health care system is way better. I think a US N.H.S. would be of a simular standard.

Oh ... you mean the money would do better if it wasn't being wasted on lawsuits because of FDA fuckups? Yeah, I'll give you that much., but that's about the closest to what you posted that is accurate at this point.

Oh yea, I forgot the Insurance companie's are all not profit, and are run by the care bears.

What I don't uderstand is how so much money that people pay for health insurance is sloshing around washington paying off politicans and making massive profits for insuance companys surely that money would be better off in the acuall health care system.
Free health care is seen as a right in many countries not just the UK and OK the Britsh system isn't perfect but I think the US would do a better job of it. everybody else does, the German health care system is way better. I think a US N.H.S. would be of a simular standard.

Oh ... you mean the money would do better if it wasn't being wasted on lawsuits because of FDA fuckups? Yeah, I'll give you that much., but that's about the closest to what you posted that is accurate at this point.

Oh yea, I forgot the Insurance companie's are all not profit, and are run by the care bears.

:rofl:

The use of propaganda by the opponents of health care reform is rampant. Unfortunately it appears that many Americans are being persuaded by this propaganda. That's not a criticism. I'm not immune from the effect of propaganda so don't think I'm trying to sound high and mighty (my wife says I'm a sucker for new products, apparently I'm an advertising person's dream) but what's needed is a bit of critical thinking.

Try this - cui bono?

... and so is the government ... :eusa_whistle:

Here's British MEP Daniel Hannan discussing Britain's healthcare system on Glenn Beck's program.

[youtube]rLyj1cVSaP0[/youtube]

Apparently he doesn't think it works.

Apparently you didn't watch the videos I posted - he is addressed in the second video as having angered his Conservative party leader who is planning to actually expand the GB NHS.
Yes, I saw that. The Conservative leaders in Great Britain have pledged to maintain the NHS

... and so is the government ... :eusa_whistle:

Alright, so it's govt vs. insurance companies. On which of these two do you have more direct impact? Ever thought about it that way?

The use of propaganda by the opponents of health care reform is rampant. Unfortunately it appears that many Americans are being persuaded by this propaganda. That's not a criticism. I'm not immune from the effect of propaganda so don't think I'm trying to sound high and mighty (my wife says I'm a sucker for new products, apparently I'm an advertising person's dream) but what's needed is a bit of critical thinking.

Try this - cui bono?

In Canada, the Left also uses the propaganda of health care reform. Only they use it to scare people into not allowing any more private medical care.

And the ignorance up there is just as ignorant as the Right here in America. I would guess that a significant majority of Canadians - 60%? 75%? - believe that patients in America are routinely dumped on the street if they cannot pay for it.

Last edited:
well British people i know do you say there are some problems with NHS. but they want some changes to it, not abolished. and conservatives are spewing lies about universal health in Britain and other places in Europe.

Bottom line is a British citizens needs medical care and can't afford it the government is there to give them the health care they need.

So basically what is being said is Republicans etc etc. Want the poor to go to the emergency room, have the hospital absorb the bill then when they go in they pay higher fees for the service because the hospital has to make the money from somewhere. Then the insurance company covers 80%(im being generous) unless you are military or have some kind of government affiliation. So you pay the other 20% so I will base it on my last stay which total before insurance was almost 3 thousand all together. So they get a bill for 600.00 depending on how much they make they get pissed and start cussing out the hospital about how much it costs.

Now by the way I only had to pay 250.00, I know what good insurance is about and plus its co supplied by the government and the corporation I work for anyways. I dont mind paying my share but people need to realize what goes into it.

Forum List

Back