Britney's 16 Year Old Sister Pregnant

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
I'm a Californian, and here's my take on this situation. It is pitiful in so many ways, but this Spear's family seems to just unravel, and unravel.
Unless it's changed, a California girl 17 years and under is under-age, and if the male counterpart is 18 or older, he can be charged with statutory rape in that state.

We knew some folks whose 17 year old daughter was dating a 17 year old boy from the same high school in California where we live. The two kids had your typical break-up, and the girl told her parents that she had been having sex with her ex-boy friend in a way to make her look like an innnocent, forced victim. Her boyfrined had turned 18 just a few months before the break-up. The parents of the girl went on a vendetta after the ex-boy friend, and had the boy arrested for statutory rape.

As far as I know the boy didn't get felony jail time, but was put on 3 years probation. The district attorney felt that though the girl was a minor, that the sex seemed to be consensual. The girl, after the breakup, tried to convince her parents that the sex had been forced on her, and the girl's parents went with wild abandon to nail this boy. These parents were upstanding church going folks, and I think they were in denial, that their precious little girl could consensually have sex before marriage or under 18. The case really was the parents of the girl versus the boy. Also the boy's parents were really put through the "ringer", with the possiblity of their son facing felony jail time, and also having a criminal record over this.

The girl obviously was afraid to admit complicity in the sexual liason part of her relationship with her parents, and told Mommy and Daddy that this was a very bad boy. Funny how this little going-steady with the bad boy went for about a 1 1/2 years?

Even though, I think the boy was wrong as well as the girl, I'm glad that the courts showed some leniency on the boy, as the girl and he had been carrying-on sexually when both were under age before the break-up happened when the boy had turned 18.

Felonies in California mean state prison, and an 18 year old boy sentenced behind bars in a California state prison for turning 18 before his girlfriend does, and being charged with rape would have ruined the kid in my opinion. He would have been "ripe" USDA Prime for the perverts in our California state prisons.
Now if the guy who got Spears Jr., pregnant is 19 that's a little different. That's one big old age difference, and a 19 year old, having sex with a 16 year old, and capping it off with a pregnancy does push the limits of leniency in my opinion. I think the 19 year old Papa needs more than a slap on the hand, and should face some judicial encounter. Also a 16 year old girl may have the body of a mature "of age" women, but mentally, and emotionally she's just a pubescent girl in my opinion. She's ripe for being taken advantage of sexually by older men, if her at- -home parental modeling has been lacking in morals, integrity, etc...

Male, sexual predators, prey on Lynn's age group. They are so vunerable to the older, mature, guy, who gives them that fatherly love image that alcoholic (Spears Papa), absent papa Spears didn't.

There is a reason in California and many states why kids that commit some pretty terrible crimes aren't sent to prison or charged in the same way as the state considers an adult.

There is an accountability level that has an onset with humans, and children often don't see or understand the magnitude of their actions, because of their mental, and emotional maturation levels. They still need some lawful discipline, and that's where there are sentences given out to juveniles, but with some altered approaches, or enactments.

Obviously the state has to put a starting-point for adulthood somewhere, although I'll have to admit that there are a lot of 20,30,40,50 year olds and above that have stunted mental emotional levels stuck back in their childhood years because of drug addiction, or lousy parental teaching/modeling of accountability.

Anyway, statutory rape laws weren't made to protect the victim's or her parent's honor, but to draw a line between accountability and inability to be accountable in the biggest of life decisions; namely procreation and personal human conduct or behaviour. It also has it's cultural impact on the society, because limits must be drawn in sexual behaviour so that society doesn't undo itself at the seams of behavior that divide us from unreasoning animals, and wisdom endowed creatures.

Rome was just one example of gradual creeping anarchy and/or splintering of a cohesive society that became sexually amoral, and fuzzied the lines of appropriate and and inappropriate human/societal behaviour.

If anyone wanting a little understanding of the Rome case; just rent the HBO series called, "Rome" that ran for two years. I understand, that though there was some liberality involved in the drama as far as non-fiction accounts go, the depiction of Roman society was not at all blown out of proportion from reality.

The Judge will have to take into consideration the dysfunctional Spears family.

As to the "boy", well, thats just what he is, a "boy, and that too should be taken into consideration.

I hate to see someone have a "tag" hung on them at an early age, for something, that later in life is not even a blip on the radar screen.

We'll just have to see how it all shakes out.:rolleyes:

Anyway, statutory rape laws weren't made to protect the victim's or her parent's honor, but to draw a line between accountability and inability to be accountable in the biggest of life decisions; namely procreation and personal human conduct or behaviour. It also has it's cultural impact on the society, because limits must be drawn in sexual behaviour so that society doesn't undo itself at the seams of behavior that divide us from unreasoning animals, and wisdom endowed creatures.

Rome was just one example of gradual creeping anarchy and/or splintering of a cohesive society that became sexually amoral, and fuzzied the lines of appropriate and and inappropriate human/societal behaviour.

If anyone wanting a little understanding of the Rome case; just rent the HBO series called, "Rome" that ran for two years. I understand, that though there was some liberality involved in the drama as far as non-fiction accounts go, the depiction of Roman society was not at all blown out of proportion from reality.

You're all over the place on this one. Do you or don't you think your friend's kid should have gone to jail? I don't think he should have been jailed, charged or anything else. And most states now have Romeo and Juliet laws to protect kids from that type of abusive prosecution.

Kids are not going to stop having sex. The whole concept of abstinence only is absurd because they get pregnant because they don't know how to prevent it and don't understand what needs to be done.

Kids have always had sex. They will always have sex. Thisisn't the fall of Rome. That's just silliness.

You're all over the place on this one. Do you or don't you think your friend's kid should have gone to jail? I don't think he should have been jailed, charged or anything else. And most states now have Romeo and Juliet laws to protect kids from that type of abusive prosecution.

Kids are not going to stop having sex. The whole concept of abstinence only is absurd because they get pregnant because they don't know how to prevent it and don't understand what needs to be done.

Kids have always had sex. They will always have sex. Thisisn't the fall of Rome. That's just silliness.

I think you should stop, take a breath and then write a reply before jumping to conclusions about my "take".

First of all, I think that the similar ages of the two kids should have ended any court or legal case right their. That is easily extracted from my "take". I'm also considering the fact that both of the kids were very close to the legal California age for voting, which is 18. That would make them adults, and to some extent, very close to legal considered accountability.
Secondly, there is this "thingy" with folks on the forum that if they are philosophically at odds with another person, they "must" assume that they will be disagreeing with any and all posts of any and all topics from that person of different philosophical/political persuasion.

So they start off with........."your all over the place" with your post.

Actually, I can't possibly believe that you actually read my post, even though our copy pasted some of it. I think you extracted what you didn't like, as you expected my post to be philosophically against or cross-grains to you to start with.

I happen to find myself giving reps to both those that philosophically are opposite or on opposite poles from me when I feel they've made some sense.

This "Them versus Us" stuff is polarizing our society in such ill ways.

"Kids will always have sex"...........What a philosophical triumph of posted wisdom! Well, duh!

Abstinence is unworkable...............right? No matter how parents model their lives to their kids............they'll have sex before marriage.............etc..... right?

Condoms are the answer.........since we can't control human urges in kids...........and we as parents are doing everything possible to model the right kind of life, filled with integrity, honesty, "owning up", accountability........right? Yeah, sure! With philosophies like.............You can't stop'em, or they'll do it somewhere if you don't provide the condoms............

You know........providing the condoms is not much different that being an "enabler" to an addict. As long as the addict has a "fall back" or an "enabler" to protect them from individual responsibility, they never maturate into normal, functioning, responsible, conscientious adults in our society. They will flaunt or fight authority, even if it's beneficial, cause their just spoiled little brats in adult biological earth suits.

I'm tired of all the excuses. In stead of it being a "wrong" its a "mistake".

Actually, I've read enough of your posts to have a take on your philosophy. You went from talking about what happened to your friends' son all the way to ancient rome. hence my saying you were all over the place. You were.

As for why I might have made assumptions, and since we're busy being critical of each other, I'm sure others have told you that coming from a holier-than-thou perspective and fantasizing that religion keeps kids from having sex or that abstinence-only eduction is in any way effective is kind of pipe-dreaming. I have no doubt that you are well-intentioned.

Kids will always have sex might not be a triumph of philosophy and wisdom, but it is true and realistic. I figure that's smarter than taking untenable and unrealistic positions because we "wish" the world were a certain way.

Giving a condom is not enabling. Kids who aren't inclined to have sex aren't going to simply because someone shows them a condom. They're more likely to make water baloons out of them. However, denying a "kid" (and who are we kidding, 16 and 19 year-olds are not "kids") a condom isn't going to keep them from having sex. They'll just get knocked up. Gee, that'll show 'em.

I don't see sex as wrong. I see it as a mistake if the person isn't emotionally ready. (And no, we're not talking about true statutory rape where an adult takes advantage of a teen, we're talking about teen sex, so don't put words in my mouth). The way to curb teen sex has been through education, not holiness... absinence only is a failed concept that religious types like to hold onto because then the kids have to *pay* for their mistake.

By the by, I get and give rep from and to many who disagree with me, as well. *shrug*

A little education on abstinence-only:

Abstinence-only programs show little evidence of sustained (long-term) impact on attitudes and intentions. Worse, they show some negative impacts on youth's willingness to use contraception, including condoms, to prevent negative sexual health outcomes related to sexual intercourse. Importantly, only in one state did any program demonstrate short-term success in delaying the initiation of sex; none of these programs demonstrates evidence of long-term success in delaying sexual initiation among youth exposed to the programs or any evidence of success in reducing other sexual risk-taking behaviors among participants.

MORE

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications/stateevaluations/index.htm

the fact that you are all spending so much time on a pregnant 16 yr old piece of trailer trash is pathetic. the real question is, "Who gives a rat's ass?"

the only good thing about ids that since big sister is rich we the tax payers won't get stuck supporting her

the fact that you are all spending so much time on a pregnant 16 yr old piece of trailer trash is pathetic. the real question is, "Who gives a rat's ass?"

the only good thing about ids that since big sister is rich we the tax payers won't get stuck supporting her

If you actually bothered reading the thread you'd see that NO time has been spent on Spears' sister other than your post...

Nick Mulling Post-Spears Pregnancy Show

NEW YORK (AP) - Nickelodeon is considering a special for its young audience about sex and love following the news that 16-year-old "Zoey 101" star Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant.

The television network has made no announcement about the future of "Zoey 101," its popular program aimed primarily at youngsters aged 9- 14. Filming for the show's fourth and final season has finished, and episodes are scheduled to begin airing in February.

For the special, Nickelodeon said it's talking with Linda Ellerbee, the veteran newswoman who has stepped in frequently in the past with shows on talking to children about difficult issues in the news. She's done shows about same-sex parents, AIDS, the Columbine shooting and President Clinton's impeachment scandal.

"I think it's important that something be done," Ellerbee told The Associated Press on Thursday. "But I think it's important that it be done in a measured way, and not just to feed the beast of news stories.

A Nickelodeon spokesman, Dan Martinsen, confirmed the discussions but said no decision had been made.

more...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8TLBMT00&show_article=1

Eightball

If you wanted to compare America with other great civilization whose golden age coincided with strict parameters of morality then you chose a bad example, to say the least.

The roman religion, inherited partially from the Greeks, only established a series of rituals to please the Gods with no moral code regulating human behaviour.

Rome at its apogee and glory was every bit as “depraved” and “lewd” as during its fall.

I’m just stating a historical fact.

José;633185 said:
Eightball

If you wanted to compare America with other great civilization whose golden age coincided with strict parameters of morality then you chose a bad example, to say the least.

Their religion, inherited partially from the Greeks, only established a series of rituals to please the Gods with no moral code regulating human behaviour.

Rome at its apogee and glory was every bit as “depraved” and “lewd” as during its fall.

I’m just stating a historical fact.

Jose:

I believe your correct Jose. The "but" part is that Romes Golden age could have existed much longer if their parameters of moral in society had been greater, than it was.

The U.S. started with good moral parameters, and now is slipping down a very dangerous slope of pragmatic relativism.

How do you come to the conclusion that Rome's golden years would have lasted longer if their parameters of morality were greater?

and, correct me if I'm wrong, but colonial society was far from a utopia of moral behaviour according to our own standards, yes? In fact, isn't colonial society a good example of the validity of moral relativism? I'm not sure dueling and raping slaves is quite a landmark in morality. Just curious...

At around the time my sister in law's children reached puberty she gave them as presents condemns and birth control. She came from a backwoods family where they all eventually went on welfare or into the military. She selected the military. Most laughed, some said OMG, but guess what - they did fine.

Then I know families where every girl either had to get married or had a child in their early teens. One family in particular is amazing. But because they are a supportive group and the parents had same experience it all works.

Sex is too powerful a human dimension to act like we can just say no. Any boy / girl in puberty with hormones running wild is a potential parent. They need to learn all about it not hear pious platitudes.

I hope that your knowledge of the Roman Empire is an aberration and no reflection on our educational system. Read about it sometime, it influences us still today and in many good ways.

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ROME/HISTORY.HTM

At around the time my sister in law's children reached puberty she gave them as presents condemns and birth control. She came from a backwoods family where they all eventually went on welfare or into the military. She selected the military. Most laughed, some said OMG, but guess what - they did fine.

Then I know families where every girl either had to get married or had a child in their early teens. One family in particular is amazing. But because they are a supportive group and the parents had same experience it all works.

Sex is too powerful a human dimension to act like we can just say no. Any boy / girl in puberty with hormones running wild is a potential parent. They need to learn all about it not hear pious platitudes.

I hope that your knowledge of the Roman Empire is an aberration and no reflection on our educational system. Read about it sometime, it influences us still today and in many good ways.

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ROME/HISTORY.HTM

Thanks for the positive kudos of my Rome/Romans comment. ;)

Gee can't a person be imperfect once in awhile?:eusa_liar: And I even told Jose he was right about Rome, but you had to kick me in the ribs after being contrite:eusa_pray: before Jose in my reply, and admitting I presumed and didn't investigate before posting.;)

goes to show you can take a girl out of the trailer, but not the trailer out of the girl.

at least britney waited a little longer to get "knocked up"

Originally posted by Eightball
Gee can't a person be imperfect once in awhile?:eusa_liar: And I even told Jose he was right about Rome, but you had to kick me in the ribs after being contrite :eusa_pray: before Jose in my reply, and admitting I presumed and didn't investigate before posting.;)

No problem, 8ball

I forgive your ignorance on behalf of the whole board :rofl:

Originally posted by midcan5

Couldn’t agree more, midcan.

If Rome’s legacy was limited to Roman Law it would be more than enough to earn its place in History.

But the point I made before regarding roman morality (or lack thereof) is absolutely true.

The patriarch of the roman family had the power of life and death over his wife and children.

Slavery, gladiator games, whorehouses located in the heart of the cities with completely unashamed clients...

Homosexuality, pedophilia, group sex, images of human penises painted on the walls of residences of traditional families...

The list goes on and on...

The world is filled with vulgar people; you don’t have to go far to find them. They are your workmates, your neighbors, your friends. The loud-mouthed life of the party, the blue-haired beauty in bright sequin, the lonely-heart next to you at the bar - they’re everywhere you look. They have bad manners, poor taste, and no judgment. Theirs is the popular culture; the latest craze, the passing fad. They are philistines - living proof of the triumph of stupidity.

There's good in popular culture, too. People who rise above the fray.

And there will always be people with no class. They worry me less than people who try to cloak themselves in holiness.

Forum List

Back