British Special Forces Take Out Snipers!

Not very sporting in my humble opinion. Though they did get the job done.

Yes, how dare the British Special Forces take out hired snipers that killed 10 of their own men, among countless others....................

There might be cause for celebration if these air strikes assured an end to this insidious but extremely effective type of warfare but I don't see how or why it would. A handful of Russian snipers, including a few women, effectively prevented an entire German regiment from seizing control of Stalingrad during WW-II and Bosnian snipers were alone responsible for defending Sarajevo against Serbian incursion.

Sniping has a highly demoralizing effect on troops both in the field and in garrison and this story suggests that resistance fighters in Afghanistan are focusing their efforts on the method and probably will expand its use in the future. This report refers to snipers shooting from 650 yard distances, which, while impressive is about half the distance that a well-trained sniper can deliver kill-shots from with a good rifle. And once the sniper teams develop more rapid "shoot-and-move" tactics it won't be as easy to respond to them with air strikes.

I wonder if they took out 30 civilians along with them this time. No worries, they'll make up for it tomorrow and the next day if they didn't. :doubt:

Not very sporting in my humble opinion. Though they did get the job done.

Sporting? Fuck sporting - you think snipers are 'sporting'? Fuck 'em. They're dead and because they're dead, there are some Brits - and maybe some Americans - who won't be. Works for me.

Sporting? Fuck sporting - you think snipers are 'sporting'?
Snipers on both sides use more skill and cause less collateral damage than air-strikes, do they not?

Fuck 'em. They're dead and because they're dead, there are some Brits - and maybe some Americans - who won't be. Works for me.
Had you all not opted to unjustly invade and occupy two countries, none of your soldiers would be dead, not to mention hundreds of thousands of civilians.

Snipers on both sides use more skill and cause less collateral damage than air-strikes, do they not?

Fuck 'em. They're dead and because they're dead, there are some Brits - and maybe some Americans - who won't be. Works for me.
Had you all not opted to unjustly invade and occupy two countries, none of your soldiers would be dead, not to mention hundreds of thousands of civilians.

Don't bitch about the reaction. You slap us, we slap back - only we do it harder and longer. Maybe next time, your extremist brethren will stay home.

Don't bitch about the reaction. You slap us, we slap back - only we do it harder and longer. Maybe next time, your extremist brethren will stay home.

You were attacked by a stateless entity and decided to invade and occupy two countries in response. You have inflicted a minimal amount of damage on the actual perpetrators and a maximum amount on the civilian populations that are forced to suffer under your brutal occupations. By all reasonable standards, you have failed utterly and completely. Usama bin Ladin looks on with delight every time you kill another civilian instead of him. :thup:

Iraq and Afghanistan are 2 seperate wars! Afghanistan was a just exercise of military power because the Taliban were allowing the terrorists to train in their country. To me if you let someone attack and try to kill me live on your property and you back him, I have the right to come on your property and take him and you out. Thats just self preservation.

To me if you let someone attack and try to kill me live on your property and you back him, I have the right to come on your property and take him and you out. Thats just self preservation.

Last I checked, Usama bin Ladin was still alive, along with Mullah Omar. Hundreds of thousands of civilians are not.

I wonder if they took out 30 civilians along with them this time. No worries, they'll make up for it tomorrow and the next day if they didn't. :doubt:

Read the fucking report! They made double sure they didn't kill anyone but your fucking heroes. Go die in a ditch you piece of mohammedan shit.

To me if you let someone attack and try to kill me live on your property and you back him, I have the right to come on your property and take him and you out. Thats just self preservation.

Last I checked, Usama bin Ladin was still alive, along with Mullah Omar. Hundreds of thousands of civilians are not.

If the people of Afghanistan had taken care of them, we would not have had to come in there. Its not like they didn't have any warning or know what was going on. Clinton sent some missles in there earlier.

Read the fucking report! They made double sure they didn't kill anyone but your fucking heroes.

Ah, a break from the usual. What was the special occasion?

Go die in a ditch you piece of mohammedan shit.
Your boys would be able to help me with that if I was an Afghan civilian, eh?

If the people of Afghanistan had taken care of them, we would not have had to come in there.
The Taliban offered to try him in an international court. They offered to negotiate. The US was out for blood and would have nothing short of a full-on war, even if it meant killing tons of civilians in the process (it did.)

Now you have an enormous pile of innocent corpses and no Usama bin Ladin to show for it. Mission: accomplished?

zzzz said:
Its not like they didn't have any warning or know what was going on. Clinton sent some missles in there earlier.
He was a douchebag, too.

Last edited:
One of the more interesting aspects of that article to me anyway is the fact they weren't home grown Taliban but mercs.

Forum List

Back