British MI5 Returns US Administration Attitudes

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
This administration has gone out of its way to tone down relations with allies, particularly Britain. Seems there is a sign they are returning the favor:

Power Line - Chickens Come Home, Roost

The Obama administration has gone out of its way to poison relationships with traditional allies with Great Britain, and it seems that the favor is now being returned, as the Prime Minister's office has disclosed publicly that British intelligence, MI5, warned the US about Umar Abdulmutallab. The Telegraph reports:

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was named in a file of people based in Britain who had made contact with radical Muslim preachers. The file was sent to the US authorities in 2008.

The disclosure will embarrass President Barack Obama, who is already under pressure after failures by US intelligence to identify the bomber. ......

The decision by Downing Street to give details of the shared intelligence was unlikely to be welcomed by the White House. It was the latest in a series of incidents, which have strained relations between Britain and America.​

This administration has gone out of its way to tone down relations with allies, particularly Britain. Seems there is a sign they are returning the favor:

Power Line - Chickens Come Home, Roost

The Obama administration has gone out of its way to poison relationships with traditional allies with Great Britain, and it seems that the favor is now being returned, as the Prime Minister's office has disclosed publicly that British intelligence, MI5, warned the US about Umar Abdulmutallab. The Telegraph reports:

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was named in a file of people based in Britain who had made contact with radical Muslim preachers. The file was sent to the US authorities in 2008.

The disclosure will embarrass President Barack Obama, who is already under pressure after failures by US intelligence to identify the bomber. ......

The decision by Downing Street to give details of the shared intelligence was unlikely to be welcomed by the White House. It was the latest in a series of incidents, which have strained relations between Britain and America.​

The great UNITER? Never. Ohh wait he only cow tows to petty dictators and despots around the world.

And claming Bush did it won't work because they had over a YEAR to find out he had such a Visa. A year to put him on the proper watch list, a year to discover he had an unrestricted tourist visa, a YEAR to revoke said VISA, A YEAR to ensure his name was on the list so when he SHOWED up to buy his ticket, visa or not, he would have been FLAGGED.

This is why:
At the weekend, the Prime Minister announced a British-US initiative to tackle terrorism in Yemen. The White House then made it clear that Mr Brown had not spoken to President Obama since the Detroit bomber was apprehended. The Prime Minister was then forced to admit that it was an old programme.

Don't lie about our best allies, Mr. President.

Random thought: Wonder why Obama didn't bow to the Queen, too?

Last edited:
This is why:
At the weekend, the Prime Minister announced a British-US initiative to tackle terrorism in Yemen. The White House then made it clear that Mr Brown had not spoken to President Obama since the Detroit bomber was apprehended. The Prime Minister was then forced to admit that it was an old programme.

Don't lie about our best allies, Mr. President.

Random thought: Wonder why Obama didn't bow to the Queen, too?

A rich old white woman? NOT BLOODY LIKELY.

This story is pretty sketchy...but at the bottom of it, it is clear that both Americans and Brits screwed up.

I'm not sure why exactly Obama gets the blame for this since he doesn't micromanage immigration matters...but I'm quite sure AQ thanks you all for your gleeful hatred of Obama.

:clap2:

This story is pretty sketchy...but at the bottom of it, it is clear that both Americans and Brits screwed up.

I'm not sure why exactly Obama gets the blame for this since he doesn't micromanage immigration matters...but I'm quite sure AQ thanks you all for your gleeful hatred of Obama.

You missed the point, it's not I that feels glee at his incompetence, rather one of our allies.

Did anyone read this?
-snip-
A British official said there appeared to have been a misunderstanding about what Downing Street had said: “There is nothing to stand up the suggestion that the UK provided information to the US that it could or should have acted upon.”....................There is no suggestion that the US did not act on intelligence information that they received from the UK."

You missed the point, it's not I that feels glee at his incompetence, rather one of our allies.
You must then believe that every terrorist attack on America under Bush was his fault and his incompetence.

So far, Bush is way a head in incompetence.

Did anyone read this?
-snip-
A British official said there appeared to have been a misunderstanding about what Downing Street had said: “There is nothing to stand up the suggestion that the UK provided information to the US that it could or should have acted upon.”....................There is no suggestion that the US did not act on intelligence information that they received from the UK."
Yep...that's why I said it was sketchy. Sounds like a big case of CYA.

Alvin and Ravi, you fail to understand that when the daddy went to CIA twice, that information should have been meshed with the MI5 info...

Don't piss of our allies, especially when they are Brits. This too today.
Freed Guantánamo inmates are heading for Yemen to join al-Qaeda fight

At least a dozen former Guantánamo Bay inmates have rejoined al-Qaeda to fight in Yemen, The Times has learnt, amid growing concern over the ability of the country’s Government to accept almost 100 more former inmates from the detention centre.

....​

They are not pleased with Obama, apparently.

At least a dozen former Guantánamo Bay inmates have rejoined al-Qaeda to fight in Yemen, The Times has learnt, amid growing concern over the ability of the country’s Government to accept almost 100 more former inmates from the detention centre.

....​

This is pretty much what the Democrats in the US were saying from the beginning. You keep a terrorist locked up for 7 years, he comes out a terrorist. Funniy enough, if you keep an innocent man locked up for the same amount of time, he comes out a terrorist too..

You should have just shot them all if you wanted the closure of Gitmo to be without risk. - But that wasn't an option.
Nice train wreck the Neocons gave you guys there..

....​

This is pretty much what the Democrats in the US were saying from the beginning. You keep a terrorist locked up for 7 years, he comes out a terrorist. Funniy enough, if you keep an innocent man locked up for the same amount of time, he comes out a terrorist too..

You should have just shot them all if you wanted the closure of Gitmo to be without risk. - But that wasn't an option.
"Comes out"? :lol:

Last edited:

....​

Give the links to your point about 'innocents' becoming terrorist, I mean besides quoting your leftwing talking points.

Give the links to your point about 'innocents' becoming terrorist, I mean besides quoting your leftwing talking points.

There are no links because there were no trials. As a result you have only got terrorists now. Even if before only half of them were.
And I don't have to prove anyone innocent. It is you guys that have to prove them guilty.

There are no links because there were no trials. As a result you have only got terrorists now. Even if before only half of them were.
And I don't have to prove anyone innocent. It is you guys that have to prove them guilty.
No sale. Nice try, though, for dodging the question, that is. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back