British Healthcare Collapsing...coming Here Soon...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
the left loves government controlled healthcare...I don't know why since,it fails those who need it most...the real problem is that it is coming to America and all it's problems will be our problems...as seen in the poor treatment in the V.A. System....keep in mind...one of the only reasons the health systems in Europe haven't collapsed yet is because the countries in Europe have had a free ride with their military expenses...the U.S. Has been protecting them since the end of WW2 which has allowed them to prop up their social welfare systems. Now, with our President degrading our military and allowing evil to rampage across the Mid East and Europe, those countries will now have to increase their military spending....to the detriment of their social services...or they will become part of the new Russia....

Articles In the Toilet -- British NHS Today U.S. Healthcare Tomorrow
According to official British government statistics, in August 2014, there were 3.2 million Britons – 5% of their total population! -- awaiting surgery. Some – 189,571, to be precise -- had already waited for more than four months!

To get paid at all, and to try to get patients the care they need (before they die while waiting, like U.S. veterans and Canadians), British hospitals have begun advertising that self-funded patients can move up the queue, or they can get care that is denied by NHS rationing. In other words, those with money, who already paid for their health care through taxes, can get the care they need by paying (again) out of pocket. Those without sufficient resources to pay double are moved even further down the queue and are unlikely ever to get care.

Over the years, NHS medical rationing has gotten more and more severe. Early on, it was things like no transplants over the age of 70. Then, they denied heart surgery over 65. Next it was no kidney dialysis over age 55. Now, rationing is draconian: hip replacements, arthritis injections, and cataract surgery deferred, delayed, or denied -- the three “D” strategy most hated by Americans when used by U.S. insurance companies.

The British system -- assuming it really is collapsing, which I doubt -- is still much better than the rationing people with no coverage have.

I think everyone should have health coverage in America, even if we all end up waiting in the same line for elective surgery.

I doubt it will come to that, but it's still better than the natural rationing of care to people afraid to even go to a doctor because they know they can't afford treatment.

Forum List

Back