British healthcare...another name for obamacare, who needs cancer drugs anyway...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...who needs life saving cancer drugs inBritain...they cost too much anyway.......the people who think like that, just passed obamacare here....

NHS Cuts £100m From Cancer Fund - As Govt Hands Extra £100m to Syria

The NHS has pulled funding for cancer treatments affecting 5,500 patients claiming that the drugs involved, which prolong human life, are not cost effective. In total it has now halved the number of cancer treatments on offer, citing financial pressures.
As of November this year the Cancer Drugs Fund in England will no longer pay for 17 drugs, used in 25 different treatments for a range of cancers including blood, breast, bowel and prostate cancers, according to the Telegraph.

The Fund was set up in 2011 by Prime Minister David Cameron, following a manifesto commitment to fund drug treatment for rarer cancers. But over the intervening four years the number of treatments on offer through the fund has been reduced by two thirds, the majority cut this year.

One of my brothers lives there and his wife is dealing with recurring cancer.

One my nieces here in America is an oncologist and has recommended specific treatments, and my sister in law has been told that those treatments are not available there.

This isn't a slam on the whole system, just pointing out that we do have to strike the right balances in our own system.

British health care system is not another name for our health care system...

Thread is over...

Next?

One my nieces here in America is an oncologist and has recommended specific treatments, and my sister in law has been told that those treatments are not available there.

This isn't a slam on the whole system, just pointing out that we do have to strike the right balances in our own system.

The weird thing is this.

The Labour Party brought the NHS back from the dead. Mistakes were made etc which led to a lot of criticism.

The Tories got in and began slashing funds. They claim that the NHS costs too much. They want a US style system. Which ironically costs twice as much as the NHS.

The UK system is being destroyed so the Tories can then point out that it isn't working, so they can then justify sending things out to private firms (who charge 15% more) and then when that's fully embedded in the system they'll make insurance compulsory.

The question is this. If the NHS doubled its spending, would it be better than the US system? It's probably be less corrupt and more efficient.

The weird thing is this.

The Labour Party brought the NHS back from the dead. Mistakes were made etc which led to a lot of criticism.

The Tories got in and began slashing funds. They claim that the NHS costs too much. They want a US style system. Which ironically costs twice as much as the NHS.

The UK system is being destroyed so the Tories can then point out that it isn't working, so they can then justify sending things out to private firms (who charge 15% more) and then when that's fully embedded in the system they'll make insurance compulsory.

The question is this. If the NHS doubled its spending, would it be better than the US system? It's probably be less corrupt and more efficient.
What really bothers me is that we already have systems up and operational that could be scaled from coast to coast with relatively little difficulty, but since health care has been so politicized, it just won't happen.

This is madness.

Call this a preview of Coming ObamaCare Attractions.

Due to budget constraints, and despite promises made by David Cameron, the NHS will no longer pay for 17 cancer drugs currently used by 5,000 cancer patients.

This is the real nature of Government Provided Healthcare: patients don't matter. The bureaucratic shills will excuse this as affecting just a tiny fraction of the population.

More than 5,000 cancer patients will be denied life-extending drugs under plans which charities say are a “dreadful” step backwards for the NHS.

Health officials have just announced sweeping restrictions on treatment, which will mean patients with breast, bowel, skin and pancreatic cancer will no longer be able to receive drugs funded by the NHS.

In total, 17 cancer drugs for 25 different indications will no longer be paid for in future.

Charities said the direction the health service was heading in could set progress back by centuries.

The Cancer Drugs Fund was launched in 2011, following a manifesto pledge by David Cameron, who said patients should no longer be denied drugs on cost grounds....

Thousands of cancer patients to be denied treatment

Uh, that's the UK. Not the US. There's an ocean between there and here.

BUT - lucky US patients here have ObamaCare.

Those in power have made it clear that actual the lives of those who live in Britain are less important then these refugees. I wonder when the greater mass of people are going to wake up and start addressing this very real threat to their way of life and their very lives and truly start fighting back.

The US would handle it differently. The US would compassionately not let those cancer patients suffer. This country would just deny them food and water until they compassionately died.

The weird thing is this.

What really bothers me is that we already have systems up and operational that could be scaled from coast to coast with relatively little difficulty, but since health care has been so politicized, it just won't happen.

This is madness.

They could have simply given people who couldn't afford healthcare, or who had pre existing conditions a voucher for their health insurance.....that would have fixed the entire problem without taking control of the whole thing....but that is the point....they want control.....

I have my own personal cure, should i ever contract Cancer...... 230 grains of .45 ACP up under the chin with a rearward cant.

Uh, that's the UK. Not the US. There's an ocean between there and here.

BUT - lucky US patients here have ObamaCare.

What a delusional booby.

The Left pushed the NHS as an example of why we should pass ObamaCare.

The weird thing is this.

This is madness.

They could have simply given people who couldn't afford healthcare, or who had pre existing conditions a voucher for their health insurance.....that would have fixed the entire problem without taking control of the whole thing....but that is the point....they want control.....

That wouldn't have squashed competition and enabled the consolidation of Big Pharma and Big Insurance. There's a reason why Aetna and Cigna stock is booming!

I have my own personal cure, should i ever contract Cancer...... 230 grains of .45 ACP up under the chin with a rearward cant.

A relative of mine had stage 4 colon cancer.....her Doctor had a connection to the trials of a new drug that had been stopped in trials because it was killing people.....she got her on the drug, and she has lived 15 years now.....

You might want to wait on that .45.

A relative of mine had stage 4 colon cancer.....her Doctor had a connection to the trials of a new drug that had been stopped in trials because it was killing people.....she got her on the drug, and she has lived 15 years now.....

No thanks. I'm not interested in putting that many chemicals into my body to try and keep myself alive.

No, the sooner he does it the better the human race will be.

Yes...who needs life saving cancer drugs inBritain...they cost too much anyway.......the people who think like that, just passed obamacare here....

NHS Cuts £100m From Cancer Fund - As Govt Hands Extra £100m to Syria

The NHS has pulled funding for cancer treatments affecting 5,500 patients claiming that the drugs involved, which prolong human life, are not cost effective. In total it has now halved the number of cancer treatments on offer, citing financial pressures.
As of November this year the Cancer Drugs Fund in England will no longer pay for 17 drugs, used in 25 different treatments for a range of cancers including blood, breast, bowel and prostate cancers, according to the Telegraph.

The Fund was set up in 2011 by Prime Minister David Cameron, following a manifesto commitment to fund drug treatment for rarer cancers. But over the intervening four years the number of treatments on offer through the fund has been reduced by two thirds, the majority cut this year.

Pretty soon you will have to be rich to have health insurance in this country.

Forum List

Back