British farmers feeling brexit fallout

Farmers tell Gove: lack of migrant workers now 'mission critical'

The number of EU27 workers coming to Britain are declining, partly because of Brexit and the weaker pound, but also because of improvement in employment opportunities in eastern European countries such as Poland, from where many harvest workers came.

Farmers have been demanding a return to the seasonal agriculture workers scheme, which was scrapped in 2013, to allow the hiring of pickers from non-EU countries this summer.

I am glad that our farmers are suffering. Every field seemed to have a brexit poster up during the referendum.

And now they are begging for non EU "darkies" to be imported to help pick their shitty fruit and veg. You couldnt make it up. Well they were warned.

Your entire system relies on there always being poor foreigners to exploit for cheap labor.
How do you cope in the US ?

so, you think it's ok for landowners to take advantage of poor people? What happens if poland becomes more wealthy? Pick up workers from some other destitute country?
I would be delighted if Poland becomes more wealthy. The major benefit of the EU is helping poorer countries achieve higher standards of living. We have seen it in Ireland, Portugal and Spain already.

you didn't answer my question
You didnt answer mine.

Tommy explains and enjoys the benefits of having low IQ brown people around him, he sounds like a slave master defending slavery

Farmers tell Gove: lack of migrant workers now 'mission critical'

The number of EU27 workers coming to Britain are declining, partly because of Brexit and the weaker pound, but also because of improvement in employment opportunities in eastern European countries such as Poland, from where many harvest workers came.

Farmers have been demanding a return to the seasonal agriculture workers scheme, which was scrapped in 2013, to allow the hiring of pickers from non-EU countries this summer.

I am glad that our farmers are suffering. Every field seemed to have a brexit poster up during the referendum.

And now they are begging for non EU "darkies" to be imported to help pick their shitty fruit and veg. You couldnt make it up. Well they were warned.

How is this Brexit fall out? If the reduction in workers is from improved economic opportunities in Eastern Europe?

Forum List

Back