British are going to arm more police officers...whaaat?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Hmmm..why would they need to arm more police officers...they banned guns.....hence, they don't need guns for their police...right?

Let alone arming more of them...right?

London Police Chief Calls For More Armed Officers

Senior officers now plan to lobby the Home Office over concerns there are not enough armed police in Britain to cope with simultaneous, coordinated firearms attacks. They want the government to guard funding for firearms units in the same way they protect the anti-terrorism budget.

The Metropolitan Police are currently facing a cut in the overall number of officers by 5,000 as part of £800 million government savings.

Yeah......but.......they banned guns...right? we are told by our very own gun grabbers that Britain is a paradise free from the threat of gun violence...right?

DEMILITARIZE EUROPEAN COPS!!!!! RACISTS!!!!

But....why do they need to arm more police......we are told that by confiscating guns, having extreme gun control and banning new gun ownership....Britain is a heaven of gun control......why do they need to arm more police?

Seems to me that someone pointed out that gun violence in Europe was going to escalate.....perhaps I should charge the London police a consulting fee........?

But liberals! I thought guns CAUSED crimes. I thought you liberals said if we lock up ALL the guns crimes would VANISH! And I thought if you gave CRIMINALS a program and a cookie they would be nice!

In REAL world terms liberal as WE ALL have said all along. Its NOT the gun, its the man holding it. Of course you can ignore this and go back to sleep.

George Carlin used to tell a joke about guns. Allow me to paraphrase. "A man jumps out of an alley and puts a gun to your head. Are you scared?" "Hell yes you are scared"

Same man jumps out of an alley with a gun up his ass, are you scared? Think about it.

You can still have rifles and shotguns in England if you apply to the police for a firearms licence. But you have to prove mental stability and give a good reason for wanting a gun. Like you are a member of a shooting club. But handguns are totally illegal. All except antique percussion and rim fire and flintlock pistols. which you can own without a licence. But these kind of guns are expensive and difficult to load, so they are not the choice of terrorists.

Stupid idiots giving into their fear

What do you wish to bet that the dead soldier in the background would have really liked to have had a gun when this asshole and his buddy hacked him to death with their cleavers there?

1838365.jpg

You can still have rifles and shotguns in England if you apply to the police for a firearms licence. But you have to prove mental stability and give a good reason for wanting a gun. Like you are a member of a shooting club. But handguns are totally illegal. All except antique percussion and rim fire and flintlock pistols. which you can own without a licence. But these kind of guns are expensive and difficult to load, so they are not the choice of terrorists.

The reality of that is if you are wealthy you can still have your guns. But if you're a middle class person you're shit outa luck.

You can't have any toys in Britain, not stun guns or mace spray, nor can you carry knives with a blade longer than three inches. The penalty for carrying a handgun is a mandatory five years in prison.

The reality of that is if you are wealthy you can still have your guns. But if you're a middle class person you're shit outa luck.

I could buy an Adams percussion revolver for a measly £3000 or a boxed percussion colt revolver for £10000

The catch is it is illegal to carry it loaded in a public place and you cannot fire it anywhere near a public highway.

"Rim fire" pistols are okay in England? I don't think so.

If I'm mistaken please correct me. But rim fire refers to any .22 caliber firearm -- including some very efficient, very lethal, target and small game pistols and rifles.

Last edited:
"Rim fire" pistols are okay in England? I don't think so.

If I'm mistaken please correct me. But rim fire refers to any .22 caliber firearm -- including some very efficient, very lethal target and small game pistols.

I am referring to an obsolete type of rim fire pistol that you can no longer get ammunition for. They are common in antique shops here.

Here is a link to the kind of guns I can buy in England, and it lists some rim fire pistols of obsolete calibre.
Antique Pistols & Revolvers - Andrew Bottomley Antique Arms & Armour

Last edited:
If ISIS is successful in carrying out a few major attacks here in the U. S. one of two major changes will take place. Either the ordinary citizen's lawful ability to be armed will be greatly expanded or the atmosphere of daily life will become extremely oppressive with routine stop & frisk searches and commonplace warrantless break-in premises searches by police.

Once this kind of generalized police oppression starts the only thing that will stop it is a violent revolution. So the anti-gun faction should give this some thought and reconsider their opposition to armed citizens, which is the more tolerable of the two possible responses to terrorist activity.

If ISIS is successful in carrying out a few major attacks here in the U. S. one of two major changes will take place. Either the ordinary citizen's lawful ability to be armed will be greatly expanded or the atmosphere of daily life will become extremely oppressive with routine stop & frisk searches and commonplace warrantless break-in premises searches by police.

Once this kind of generalized police oppression starts the only thing that will stop it is a violent revolution. So the anti-gun faction should give this some thought and reconsider their opposition to armed citizens, which is the more tolerable of the two possible responses to terrorist activity.

If that happens....most of America will side with the police. I welcome you and the libs to oppose us all though.

Stupid idiots giving into their fear

What do you wish to bet that the dead soldier in the background would have really liked to have had a gun when this asshole and his buddy hacked him to death with their cleavers there?

1838365.jpg
I don't think that would have helped him - they hit him with a car first if I recall correctly.

But all those people just standing around sure could have used a gun to shoot this moron out of his socks……instead…one woman walked up and engaged the killer in polite conversation…….remember that video?

Forum List

Back