Britcoms

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I'm almost embarrassed to say it, but I LOVE Downton Abbey. Best Britcom since Wooster and Jeeves (which blows away DA).

Anyone have any recommendations for Britcoms?

I will have to.check it out.

On Netflix you can watch the IT Crowd a good British comedy.

I'm almost embarrassed to say it, but I LOVE Downton Abbey. Best Britcom since Wooster and Jeeves (which blows away DA).

Never really been a big fan of it, to be honest. But if you're looking for something on a similar vein, try the latest adaptation of Dickens' Bleak House (starring Gillian Anderson).

Fans of Downton Abbey might be interested to know that the writer, Julian Fellowes, has been commissioned to write an American version of DA (though not one of your ghastly remakes) called 'The Gilded Age'. It's set in New York in the late 19th century.

PS. Ravi, it's Jeeves & Wooster, not "Wooster and Jeeves".

British comedy and drama, generally, tops American competition.

"Downton Abbey", "Luther", the 1st and 2nd seasons of "Sherlock Holmes" set in the 21st century (which is almost matched, happily, by "Elementary" starring Miller and Liu,) almost anything by bbcamerica, the older shows mentioned, plus "Wollander", "Foyle's War", "Inspector Morse", "Inspector Lewis", and probably the upcoming "Ripper Street" a couple of months from now.

Never really been a big fan of it, to be honest. But if you're looking for something on a similar vein, try the latest adaptation of Dickens' Bleak House (starring Gillian Anderson).

Fans of Downton Abbey might be interested to know that the writer, Julian Fellowes, has been commissioned to write an American version of DA (though not one of your ghastly remakes) called 'The Gilded Age'. It's set in New York in the late 19th century.

PS. Ravi, it's Jeeves & Wooster, not "Wooster and Jeeves".
So it is, those uppity servants.

I will check out Bleak House.

Monty Python
The Office
The Young Ones (kinda)
Black Adder
Dick Emery Show (bit like Benny Hill but better)
The Two Ronnies
Love Thy Neighbour (UK version of All in the Family)
Citizen Smith
Open all hours
Porridge
Ab Fab
Fawlty Towers
Some Mothers Do Ave Em

Sorry Ravi, you got me on a tear...;o)

Monty Python
The Office
The Young Ones (kinda)
Black Adder
Dick Emery Show (bit like Benny Hill but better)
The Two Ronnies
Love Thy Neighbour (UK version of All in the Family)
Citizen Smith
Open all hours
Porridge
Ab Fab
Fawlty Towers
Some Mothers Do Ave Em

Sorry Ravi, you got me on a tear...;o)
Hate Benny Hill, love Fawlty Towers. Other than that, only the Office is familiar. I will netflix them!

Forum List

Back