Britain Out of the EU - Sign the Petition

Hmmm. 2200 signatures so far.

If anything is likely to make me think the UK should stay in Europe, it's the BNP petitioning to get out. And I really don't like the EU much at all, which will give you some idea of how I feel about the BNP.

Why? The BNP is far from alone in petitioning for Britain's departure from the EU. The Tories largely hinged their election success on a national referendum on Europe, despite the fact they reneged on it in the infancy of their coalition. Does UKIP calling for a referendum on Europe influence your opinion on our mebership along the same lines, despite their not supporting any racially prejudicial ideology?

In any case, do you really think the EU will weather the succession of eurozone bailouts? I don't think it will, nor do I wish it well in that respect.

I never intended that to be taken literally.

Hmmm. 2200 signatures so far.

If anything is likely to make me think the UK should stay in Europe, it's the BNP petitioning to get out. And I really don't like the EU much at all, which will give you some idea of how I feel about the BNP.

Why? The BNP is far from alone in petitioning for Britain's departure from the EU. The Tories largely hinged their election success on a national referendum on Europe, despite the fact they reneged on it in the infancy of their coalition. Does UKIP calling for a referendum on Europe influence your opinion on our mebership along the same lines, despite their not supporting any racially prejudicial ideology?

In any case, do you really think the EU will weather the succession of eurozone bailouts? I don't think it will, nor do I wish it well in that respect.

Really? It certainly read like it was. You implied that the success of the BNP's petition would weigh in the EU's favour in the outcome of a choice between the two. You don't seem to harbour much EU antipathy afterall when you take into account that mainstream parties are demanding, and petitioning for, our departure from the EU.

Really? It certainly read like it was. You implied that the success of the BNP's petition would weigh in the EU's favour in the outcome of a choice between the two. You don't seem to harbour much EU antipathy afterall when you take into account that mainstream parties are demanding, and petitioning for, our departure from the EU.

Yes. Really.

The BNP. Bunch of cowardly racists... along with the English Defense League. Scum masquerading as human beings.

I take issue with the latter of what you've written. It's true that the BNP are a band of racist clowns who will never gain a serious, tangible foothold in British politics. But I don't think you can justifiably tar the EDL with the same brush. I'm a member of the EDL, whose sole mission is to muster a groundswell to counter muslim protesters who call their British hosts "infidels", as well as raising awareness of unsolicited Islamic incursions into our culture and society. Not forgetting that the EDL has a rising number of black Englishmen and women who are swelling our ranks. True, you'll find racist resentment against minorities among the EDL, but the same is true of any pressure group.

I think you can. The EDL if I remember correctly was begun because of frustrations about the BNP not being radical enough. It is true that it puts on a front for new people but it is a dangerous racist organisation - did not Anders Breveik love them? Did representatives of the EDL not come on our tv with Jeremy Paxman on Newsnight just after his Norway terrorist activity and say the same would happen to us within 5 years if we did not mend our ways?

The EDL were originally spurned by Stormfront as their pet hate is Jews but go there and you will find they largely now support it and many are members as they are convinced it is an organisation for whites - against non whites.

That you talk of Muslims talking of 'infidels' is just BNP/EDL propaganda. Obviously you will get the odd radical like that but to imagine in any way all our Muslims are radical islamists is just stereotyping them all in a dangerous untrue aggressive way.

Sure the EDL had an extremist Jew for a while and it is totally focused on being anti Muslim, burning mosques included. It should not be assumed that all racism is done by whites. Extremist Hindus hate Muslims and many blacks feel some racism towards asians and vice versa. The important thing is that it is a racist organisation. At the moment trying to stereotype Muslims, after them someone else - should it every come to that.

We are entering a dangerous era. UKIP for instance had far closer relations with the BNP than they like to let on and the far right of the Conservative Party has always been racist.

Last edited:
Goodness, I'm not alone in remembering those halcyon days of the Free Trade Agreement, where members traded amicably, but kept their noses out of each other's judicial and financial affairs. Then we were all conned into signing the Maastricht Treaty in '92, and it all went south from there.

I am about as ignorant of the EU as most people but do have the years to remember before we went in. We may have gone in for financial reasons but other countries France in particular had an even stronger reason, the desire for peace in Europe. It was the re-unification of Germany and fears of what that could lead to which led France to push for the Euro, a federal Europe always having been the desire. They pushed too early through fear and did not make sufficient safeguards which is why we find ourselves in the situation we are in now.

Look at Greece voting a neo nazi party into Parliament which some people believe is supported by half the police who are also being criticised for turning a blind eye to organised violence against anyone who is visibly not Greek. This would never happen except in the economic situation they are now in. Now Greece is not going to move that way but what if ten years down the road we have a United Germany or England like that. Then the world is going to know real problems.

I think the EU will likely change, perhaps become two tier and definitely become more democratic, and that it is needed for peace and the preservation of human rights. If she doesn't survive, sooner or later there will be strife again.

I have always liked it's court.

Forum List

Back