Brit teachers drop Holocaust, Crusades to not offend Muslims

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
The Muslim population in England has been growing steadily, and militant Muslims have engaged in a long campaign or protests, riots, and destruction in response to relatively slight incidents where they claim to be offended by simple truth or innocuous remarks.

Now the British seem to be responding as the militants hoped: they are changing their school lesson plans to try to avoid the violent reactions of the Mulsim militants and their followers. That the accuracy and historical truth of the lessons is being compromised, seems less important to the Brits than appeasing the threats of the militants.

What will the Muslim militants choose to riot and kill about next, and what will the Brits grovel and give up the next time?

------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=445979&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow

Teachers drop the Holocaust to avoid offending Muslims

by LAURA CLARK
Last updated at 20:09pm on 1st April 2007

Schools are dropping the Holocaust from history lessons to avoid offending Muslim pupils, a Governmentbacked study has revealed.

It found some teachers are reluctant to cover the atrocity for fear of upsetting students whose beliefs include Holocaust denial.

There is also resistance to tackling the 11th century Crusades - where Christians fought Muslim armies for control of Jerusalem - because lessons often contradict what is taught in local mosques.

The findings have prompted claims that some schools are using history 'as a vehicle for promoting political correctness'.

The study, funded by the Department for Education and Skills, looked into 'emotive and controversial' history teaching in primary and secondary schools.

It found some teachers are dropping courses covering the Holocaust at the earliest opportunity over fears Muslim pupils might express anti-Semitic and anti-Israel reactions in class.

The researchers gave the example of a secondary school in an unnamed northern city, which dropped the Holocaust as a subject for GCSE coursework.

The report said teachers feared confronting 'anti-Semitic sentiment and Holocaust denial among some Muslim pupils'.

If you're a brown-skinned Muslim and doubt the Holocaust, that's multiculturalism to be encouraged.

If you're a white-skinned patriot and doubt the Holocaust, that's a hate crime for which you will be jailed.

Very simple.

The Muslim population in England has been growing steadily, and militant Muslims have engaged in a long campaign or protests, riots, and destruction in response to relatively slight incidents where they claim to be offended by simple truth or innocuous remarks.

Now the British seem to be responding as the militants hoped: they are changing their school lesson plans to try to avoid the violent reactions of the Mulsim militants and their followers. That the accuracy and historical truth of the lessons is being compromised, seems less important to the Brits than appeasing the threats of the militants.

What will the Muslim militants choose to riot and kill about next, and what will the Brits grovel and give up the next time?

------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=445979&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow

Teachers drop the Holocaust to avoid offending Muslims

by LAURA CLARK
Last updated at 20:09pm on 1st April 2007

Schools are dropping the Holocaust from history lessons to avoid offending Muslim pupils, a Governmentbacked study has revealed.

It found some teachers are reluctant to cover the atrocity for fear of upsetting students whose beliefs include Holocaust denial.

There is also resistance to tackling the 11th century Crusades - where Christians fought Muslim armies for control of Jerusalem - because lessons often contradict what is taught in local mosques.

The findings have prompted claims that some schools are using history 'as a vehicle for promoting political correctness'.

The study, funded by the Department for Education and Skills, looked into 'emotive and controversial' history teaching in primary and secondary schools.

It found some teachers are dropping courses covering the Holocaust at the earliest opportunity over fears Muslim pupils might express anti-Semitic and anti-Israel reactions in class.

The researchers gave the example of a secondary school in an unnamed northern city, which dropped the Holocaust as a subject for GCSE coursework.

The report said teachers feared confronting 'anti-Semitic sentiment and Holocaust denial among some Muslim pupils'.

This will be coming to a US school ner you soon

I wonder if the liberals would be worried about offending someone if a group of students did not believe slavery happened?

god forbid we drop history in order to keep peace or cater to a specific group! This world is becoming more candy assed everyday and we wonder whyEurope and the US hated by much of the world :eusa_wall:

Libs will always want to have the majority change to appease the minority - as long as it passes the PC Police test

I said my piece on another board. I'm highly disappointed in this and very very outraged by it, but there's naught I can do since I'm not a UK resident.

If it is part of the national curriculum it is taught, if it is not , then it is not taught.Teachers do not have carte blanche to teach whatever they like.

Practically everyone wants his agenda taught to the students. Christians want to emphasize that America is a “Christian nation”. Atheists think that Christianity is emphasized too much. Republicans want books to mention the good that Republicans have done. Democrats want books to mention good that Democrats have done. Yadda yadda yadda. “Remove this”. “Add more of that”. This is just another reason why I think that there should be school choice.

By the way, please don’t tell me that you have never heard Christians complain about school curriculum.

I said my piece on another board. I'm highly disappointed in this and very very outraged by it, but there's naught I can do since I'm not a UK resident.

You can do what you can to make sure it doesnt happen here.

Practically everyone wants his agenda taught to the students. Christians want to emphasize that America is a “Christian nation”. Atheists think that Christianity is emphasized too much. Republicans want books to mention the good that Republicans have done. Democrats want books to mention good that Democrats have done. Yadda yadda yadda. “Remove this”. “Add more of that”. This is just another reason why I think that there should be school choice.

By the way, please don’t tell me that you have never heard Christians complain about school curriculum.

My word how some people will take any topic to say something negative about Christians. You know. I don't recall the Christians complaining that much until the minority of people in this country that are non Christians complained, complained, complained, about the 10 Commandments, the Pledge of Allegiance, and Christmas. One more thing. As much as the minority hates it; What made America great for so long was that our heritage was Christian values in this country. Even for the non believers, and other religions, the values were good for everyone. Now those values are being replaced. Yeah...But that has nothing at all to do with the turn of this country. It's all just a coincidence.

My word how some people will take any topic to say something negative about Christians. You know. I don't recall the Christians complaining that much until the minority of people in this country that are non Christians complained, complained, complained, about the 10 Commandments, the Pledge of Allegiance, and Christmas. One more thing. As much as the minority hates it; What made America great for so long was that our heritage was Christian values in this country. Even for the non believers, and other religions, the values were good for everyone. Now those values are being replaced. Yeah...But that has nothing at all to do with the turn of this country. It's all just a coincidence.

Well Christians complain, write letters to the editor, boycott hotels that might 'host' the naked chocolate image of Christ crucified, post on messageboards, but the idea of killing those that support such just doesn't happen; unlike the cartoon jihad.

Fair point. I think public dissatisfaction with public schooling is increasing, and the home schooling movement is one answer. At the very least, we could get the federal government's nose out of it.

Well Christians complain, write letters to the editor, boycott hotels that might 'host' the naked chocolate image of Christ crucified, post on messageboards, but the idea of killing those that support such just doesn't happen; unlike the cartoon jihad.

Good point. When Christains are attacked, insulted, and made the subjects of cartoons - I have NEVER seen Christians rioting in the streets, burning buildings, or beheading people out of anger and for revenge

I find it ironic, its ok for muslims to be rascist, but not whites.

I dont condone anyone being rascist, but people have a right to be rascist, its the incitement, and carrying out of violence that is against the law.

Muslims , are being catered to when their were imams and muslims supporting hitlers final solution. History should not be changed so muslims are not offended.

Political correctness is killing us.

I'm all for the truth, but I dont want left wing liberals forcing political correctness down my throat, and I dont want muslim terrorists, and so-called muslim support groups like c.a.i.r. bullying ordinary americans, with threats of calling anyone who calls out their b.s. rascist.

Obviously, right wing christians are no angels, but the threat from radical islam far outviews the thread from radical christianity 1,000,000-1 Atleast, and the radical left is far more dangerous then the radical right in my opinion.

If everything is equal, then everything is morally equivalent, and we're powerless to do anything.

Besides, its ok in america to piss off the christians, and say america is terrible, but criticise islam, or the muslims world, and watch out.

I think public schools are a joke, home schooling is the best idea, and I think it takes guts to express yourself, whether you have extreme views or not, and the word racism is thrown out, way too much.

Forum List

Back