Brit Soldier Killed By Sniper, His Bomb Sniffing Dog Collapsed and Died

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I have to admit, reading this story, watching the vid., really got to me.

There is no doubt in my mind, that Theo's death was a reaction to Tasker dieing.
( vid at the link).

RIP both.

Corporal Tasker Killed By Sniper and His Bomb Sniffing Dog Collapsed and Died
Soldier and His Dog Are Greeted by British Mourners and Their Dogs

By ELLEN TUMPOSKY
March 10, 2011

British mourners traditionally give a respectful silent salute to slain soldiers, but today they were joined by dog owners who brought their dogs to the grim arrival of Lance Corporal Liam Tasker and his bomb sniffing dog Theo.

Tasker, 26, died in a firefight on March 1 in Helmand province with Theo by his side. The dog, a springer spaniel, suffered a seizure from the stress and died hours later after being returned to base, according to the British Ministry of Defense.

Tasker's body and the ashes of Theo were returned today on the same military plane to RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire, England.

Residents of Wootton Bassett, near Lyneham, lined the streets when Tasker's coffin, draped with the British Union Jack, passed through the town on its way to Oxford, where soldiers' bodies are examined by a coroner before being returned to families.

Villagers traditionally greet the casket with a solemn moment of silence. It's a ritual of respect that began more than two years ago, explained a local government employee.

more at-

Bomb Dog Dies From Seizure Moments After Handler Is Killed - ABC News

I have to admit, reading this story, watching the vid., really got to me.

There is no doubt in my mind, that Theo's death was a reaction to Tasker dieing.
( vid at the link).

RIP both.

Corporal Tasker Killed By Sniper and His Bomb Sniffing Dog Collapsed and Died
Soldier and His Dog Are Greeted by British Mourners and Their Dogs

By ELLEN TUMPOSKY
March 10, 2011

British mourners traditionally give a respectful silent salute to slain soldiers, but today they were joined by dog owners who brought their dogs to the grim arrival of Lance Corporal Liam Tasker and his bomb sniffing dog Theo.

Tasker, 26, died in a firefight on March 1 in Helmand province with Theo by his side. The dog, a springer spaniel, suffered a seizure from the stress and died hours later after being returned to base, according to the British Ministry of Defense.

Tasker's body and the ashes of Theo were returned today on the same military plane to RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire, England.

Residents of Wootton Bassett, near Lyneham, lined the streets when Tasker's coffin, draped with the British Union Jack, passed through the town on its way to Oxford, where soldiers' bodies are examined by a coroner before being returned to families.

Villagers traditionally greet the casket with a solemn moment of silence. It's a ritual of respect that began more than two years ago, explained a local government employee.

more at-

Bomb Dog Dies From Seizure Moments After Handler Is Killed - ABC News
It is a sad part of war.....There is no animal on this earth more dedicated than a canine.

We have a Cocker Spaniel, Lucy. I can't even think of what it wil be like when her time comes......I can't imagine this household without her.

Forum List

Back