Brit Hume On Eason Jordan

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Can CNN afford NOT to respond? They are in a catch up game already, biggest joke on net: "CNN, The Most Busted Name In News"

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/003790.php

Eason's Fables On Fox News
CQ reader Jim W informs me that Brit Hume spent five minutes on Fox's prime-time news broadcast covering Eason's Fables, bringing the subject up for the second night in a row. Hume had Mort Kondracke, Mara Liasson, and Charles Krauthammer batting Jordan around, and Jim reports the general gist of it:

Kondracke, no sympathy -- opener and money quote -- "Jordan doesn't have tenure coverage like Churchill."
Liasson, largely negative on Jordan
Krauthammer demolishes Jordan
Hume doesn't offer Jordan any way out
Kondracke closes comments and accentuates the negative conclusion

Jim: "All mentioned the Liberal records of Frank and Dodd, that they were extremely upset by the coments and that '...they don't lie.'"

As soon as I see a transcript on this, I'll review it. Right now we're standing in for Hugh Hewitt's radio show, and we'll be touching on this again tonight!

Posted by Captain Ed at 06:16 PM

I believe that the American Experiiment has created - not surprisingly - a uniquely American mindset. It's not disrespect for authority, by any means. Rather, we have a healthy lack of awe for monarchy in any of it's forms. We're all just folks, you know?

The Old Media, through a monopoly on access, set themselves up as the unelected, unaccountable feudal lords of political discourse. And, in the absence of competition - and aglow in their fatal arrogance - they must have truly believed that America felt the reverence for them that they felt for themselves. They forgot who they were dealing with.

To put it simply and plainly, the blogospherre makes me proud to be an American. It is America in action - a rebellious spirit that would make our founding fathers proud. And, of course, the great American equalizer is the irreverent wisecrack.

"CNN - the most busted name in news". That just makes my heart sing!

MM think you are onto something there. The MSM for many years accepted the title of the 'Fourth Estate' as the unofficial branch of US democracy. There have been times this was true. But the amasing of power seems to have blinded them of understanding what has happened to the other branches when they spun out of control, often toppled by the 4th estate. (Think Watergate, McCarthyism, etc.).

"CNN--THE MOST BUSTED NAME IN NEWS" How descriptive and apropos! Fits that network like a glove.

Adam's Apple said:
"CNN--THE MOST BUSTED NAME IN NEWS" How descriptive and apropos! Fits that network like a glove.

I'm convinced we're going to see more of this, Adam's Apple. Learning from one's mistakes requires humility - the ability to say to oneself, "I'm wrong". Nobody in the whole alphabet soup of a mainstream media possesses that quality.

This highly entertaining circus will continue.

Forum List

Back