Bristol Palin won't appear on Mo. abstinence panel

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Jan 28, 3:15 AM EST

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Washington University in St. Louis says Bristol Palin won't be speaking there next month after all.

The decision comes after some students expressed outrage over Palin being paid with student-generated funds.

The daughter of former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin had been invited by the university's Student Health Advisory Committee to be part of a panel discussion on abstinence on Feb. 7. Bristol Palin became pregnant at 17 and is a single mom to a 2-year-old son.

It's not clear exactly how much she was to receive, but student leaders had approved spending $20,000 for the panel.

TBO.com - News From AP

I like one of the reasons listed in the petition was "lack of expertise". :lol:

But yeah, any amount of money for Bristol Palin to speak on abstinence? I would of signed said petition too, such a waste of money.

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Washington University in St. Louis says Bristol Palin won't be speaking there next month after all.

The decision comes after some students expressed outrage over Palin being paid with student-generated funds.

The daughter of former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin had been invited by the university's Student Health Advisory Committee to be part of a panel discussion on abstinence on Feb. 7. Bristol Palin became pregnant at 17 and is a single mom to a 2-year-old son.

It's not clear exactly how much she was to receive, but student leaders had approved spending $20,000 for the panel.

TBO.com - News From AP

How were they expecting her to get paid?

was there ticket sales involved?

How were they expecting her to get paid?

was there ticket sales involved?

Nope.

Furor at Washington U. nixes Bristol Palin appearance

But because of a growing controversy among undergraduates over the decision to pay for her talk with student-generated funds, the advisory committee and Palin decided Thursday night "that the message that they intended on sharing would be overshadowed by controversy," according to a university statement.

Student-generated funds I assume in this case would mean the % of every student's tuition that goes to these type of committees to allocate to clubs and groups at a college.

She would of also made quite the amount even if it wasn't $20,000.

The university's Student Union Treasury earlier this week approved spending $20,000 to sponsor a panel featuring Palin. Student government sources said they were asked not to divulge Palin's fee. But Palin has signed on for speaking engagements with Single Source Speakers, and she reportedly will command between $15,000 and $30,000 per speech.

Isn't having Bristol speak on abstinence like closing the barn door after the horse got out?

In other news of the weird this week, Ted Haggard admitted to being bisexual.

TBO.com - News From AP

And this is news why??? :confused:

She shouldnt have been asked in the 1st place, but I dont even see how this is note worthy in the least, but whatever :rolleyes:

PDS is a terrible disease.

(Palin Derangement Syndrome)

Would the title of her speech have been?

"Fools will pay me money for my abstinance failure".

Kinda like a celebrity class welfare baby?

It's $20k for the panel not just to Bristol.

You're right. Though any sort of money spent on Bristol Palin speaking on abstinence would be a waste of money.

How so?

B/c she got knocked up or b/c her last name is Palin?

Take a moment and consider these hypotheticals;

You're a drunk and want to sober up. Do you look for help from;
A) a person that has no idea what alcohol taste like
B) A former drunk that knows just how hard it is to walk past a bar instead of in

You're a randy college student. You want to bang everything in sight but don't know the risks for certain. Do you look for help from;
A) A virgin with a promise ring that's never done the nasty.
B) someone that's living the result of giving in to the urge.

and please no; "she wouldn't be speaking if her last name wasn't Palin." I know she wouldn't.

Forum List

Back