Bristol Palin: It Was Hard Telling Mom

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
I bet it was hard with her being the Governor but she did the right thing in doing so and she did the right thing in having the child. She made a mistake that millions of teens do but she learned from it. She also did the right thing in making the sperm donor be responsible by taking him to court to make him pay child support. I think Bristol will be a great role model for young mothers and she will be a great speaker on abstinence.

FOXNews.com - EXCLUSIVE: Bristol Palin Says Telling Mom She Was Pregnant Was 'Harder Than Labor,' Gives Sex Education Advice

At just 17 years old, a pregnant Bristol Palin was thrust into the public spotlight when her mom, then Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, ran alongside John McCain in the 2008 Presidential election.

“I just kept my head held high, I didn’t listen to the TV or read the blogs or anything like that,” she told Pop Tarts, regarding the period of intense public scrutiny. “I just leaned on my friends and family for support.”

But breaking the news to her parents was painful for the soon-to-be teen mom.

“It was extremely difficult; I’ll always compare it to labor. I thought it was harder than labor,” she said. “I was just thinking they’d be disappointed, then realizing I’d have to grow up so fast. It was all extremely difficult. Going from a teen to an adult so quickly has been the most challenging part of motherhood.”

While refraining from sex altogether was obviously not the mode of contraception she opted for in her relationship with high school sweetheart Levi Johnston, Palin does believe it is a do-able, modern day approach to pregnancy prevention.

More in link

I bet it was hard with her being the Governor but she did the right thing in doing so and she did the right thing in having the child. She made a mistake that millions of teens do but she learned from it. She also did the right thing in making the sperm donor be responsible by taking him to court to make him pay child support. I think Bristol will be a great role model for young mothers and she will be a great speaker on abstinence.

FOXNews.com - EXCLUSIVE: Bristol Palin Says Telling Mom She Was Pregnant Was 'Harder Than Labor,' Gives Sex Education Advice

At just 17 years old, a pregnant Bristol Palin was thrust into the public spotlight when her mom, then Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, ran alongside John McCain in the 2008 Presidential election.

“I just kept my head held high, I didn’t listen to the TV or read the blogs or anything like that,” she told Pop Tarts, regarding the period of intense public scrutiny. “I just leaned on my friends and family for support.”

“It was extremely difficult; I’ll always compare it to labor. I thought it was harder than labor,” she said. “I was just thinking they’d be disappointed, then realizing I’d have to grow up so fast. It was all extremely difficult. Going from a teen to an adult so quickly has been the most challenging part of motherhood.”

While refraining from sex altogether was obviously not the mode of contraception she opted for in her relationship with high school sweetheart Levi Johnston, Palin does believe it is a do-able, modern day approach to pregnancy prevention.

More in link

I have empathy for the girl, but she's hardly in a position to deter and/or convince other young people to abstain from sex. Seriously, is she going to go on and on about how challenging her life has become other than late night feedings and no typical partying college experience?? Boo hoo. I imagine she adores her child and doesn't have any real regrets at this point. She's had a supportive family both emotionally and financially. I can't imagine many who would take her immature opinions seriously.

• Banned

More in link

I have empathy for the girl, but she's hardly in a position to deter and/or convince other young people to abstain from sex. Seriously, is she going to go on and on about how challenging her life has become other than late night feedings and no typical partying college experience?? Boo hoo. I imagine she adores her child and doesn't have any real regrets at this point. She's had a supportive family both emotionally and financially. I can't imagine many who would take her immature opinions seriously.
Well she will be talking to teenagers younger than her. If some listen to her it will be mission accomplished.

Forum List

Back