Bringing Steve-O to the States

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Bringing Steve-O to the States
FORT CARSON, Colo. — Ever since the soldiers of the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment returned home to Fort Carson (search) from their first tour in Iraq in May they've been working hard to bring back one of their comrades left behind — an Iraqi boy nicknamed "Steve-O."

When Steve-O met the soldiers in December 2003 he offered them intelligence that helped them get enemy fighters — including his own father — off the street. But the teen’s decision to turn in his father and cooperate with Americans cost him dearly — his mother was killed later as payback.

The U.S. soldiers were now all Steve-O had, and they vowed to bring him to safety in America, but their deployment was coming to an end.

I saw a report on FoxNews that Steve-O's mother was killed by insurgents because of the infromation he as supplying to the US.

I believe this could become a diplomatic problem with Steve-O only being 14.

MtnBiker said:
I saw a report on FoxNews that Steve-O's mother was killed by insurgents because of the infromation he as supplying to the US.

I believe this could become a diplomatic problem with Steve-O only being 14.

I saw this on Fox too tonight. Amazing story. It's terrible what they did to his mother though. What a brave kid. I just can't believe he took the chance he did and no doubt saved some American lives. I really hope for his sake that he can come to live here. I worry about what would happen to him if he stays in Iraq. I think we owe him something ,that being citizenship.

Wow, just hope he doesn't grow up and get brainwashed by his "brothers" that it was all our fault and then he turns on us.

14, incredible. Very young. Does he have family that anyone knows of in the US, because that would help a great deal. You know, 1234 twice removed cousins...

Forum List

Back