Bringing in the bucks

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
we just bought property and I would like to know what people think I should plan that will bring the deer in. what's easy what's effective. I hear there's a winter wheat that will grow long so the deer have something to eat in the winter. any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

we just bought property and I would like to know what people think I should plan that will bring the deer in. what's easy what's effective. I hear there's a winter wheat that will grow long so the deer have something to eat in the winter. any other ideas would be greatly appreciated
Apple trees. Corn. Salt blocks. Plenty of natural cover. Water. Thick brush. Acorns. Clover. Beans and peas.

Apple trees. Corn. Salt blocks. Plenty of natural cover. Water. Thick brush. Acorns. Clover. Beans and peas.
I love it. we talked about apple trees salt blocks are easy there are trees everywhere and the property backs into the East Jordan River.

I'll look into the beans and peas that sounds good yes corn is a great idea. I can tell it's going to get expensive and its going to be a lot of fun.

I love it. we talked about apple trees salt blocks are easy there are trees everywhere and the property backs into the East Jordan River.

I'll look into the beans and peas that sounds good yes corn is a great idea. I can tell it's going to get expensive and its going to be a lot of fun.
I love to hunt deer. What state are you in?

Michigan up by Lake Charlevoix or Boyne Mountain Lake Michigan up north. 4 hours away from where we live. I just emailed him everything you told me. my brother. what about a pear tree we have? my parents aren't doing anything with it anymore and it's a little dwarf you think we should take it up there? Is one pear tree worth it? I don't know how expensive pear trees are but I think it be a smart thing to plant up there

Michigan up by Lake Charlevoix or Boyne Mountain Lake Michigan up north. 4 hours away from where we live. I just emailed him everything you told me. my brother. what about a pear tree we have? my parents aren't doing anything with it anymore and it's a little dwarf you think we should take it up there? Is one pear tree worth it? I don't know how expensive pear trees are but I think it be a smart thing to plant up there
I've never heard anything about deer eating pears. I live in Georgia. I was hoping you lived closer. I need a place to hunt.

we used to only hunt in the thumb of Michigan probably hated having to follow our friends rules and only go up when he was going up. we wanted a place of our own and it is raw there's no cabin on it yet but it seems like a perfect hunting property a river backs up into it the woods the center of it was all logged so its a big wide open field. we're going to get a bulldozer up to take out all the stumps so we can plan a huge garden. we're going to get two quad runners.

I've never heard anything about deer eating pears. I live in Georgia. I was hoping you lived closer. I need a place to hunt.
all these years we've looked and hoped and waited and tried to find a place to hunt and now everybody is going to want us to let them hunt on our property. Lol

we used to only hunt in the thumb of Michigan probably hated having to follow our friends rules and only go up when he was going up. we wanted a place of our own and it is raw there's no cabin on it yet but it seems like a perfect hunting property a river backs up into it the woods the center of it was all logged so its a big wide open field. we're going to get a bulldozer up to take out all the stumps so we can plan a huge garden. we're going to get two quad runners.
How much land do you have?

White Clover is the best. The company name is The White Tail inst. I think. If you can find a grocer that will sell you out of date cereal cheap it makes a great grain. Check your states restrictions though.
Most states do not allow feed plots within 3 acres of a shooting alley. Clover does not count though. Red clover gets White tail stoned so bad they drool.

the center of it was logged but the entire perimeter is still have the woods and to the right of the property there is nobody its just acres and acres in miles and miles of woods awesome.

How much land do you have?
its just 65 acres but the neighbor to the right is a hunter and his properties all woods and to the other side it's just I'm so undeveloped man wild running alongside the East Jordan River a small little river

White Clover is the best. The company name is The White Tail inst. I think. If you can find a grocer that will sell you out of date cereal cheap it makes a great grain. Check your states restrictions though.
Most states do not allow feed plots within 3 acres of a shooting alley. Clover does not count though. Red clover gets White tail stoned so bad they drool.
my favorite thing to do was go around and take everybody's pumpkins after Halloween and everytime I go out and hunt I would take one pumpkin one apple and some buck crack I would eat the apple kick a hole in the top of the pumpkin throw the Apple in and pouring some deer crack. everytime I leave I'd come back and the pumpkin would be devoured. one morning I went out put the pumpkin out and damn that buck looked so happy to see that pumpkin he was running right for it and didn't even see me sitting 20 yards away. Lol

dear can smell carrots that my father throws out on his deck like three little chunks only. imagine what a pumpkin with an apple and deer crack smells like out in the field

my favorite thing to do was go around and take everybody's pumpkins after Halloween and everytime I go out and hunt I would take one pumpkin one apple and some buck crack I would eat the apple kick a hole in the top of the pumpkin throw the Apple in and pouring some deer crack. everytime I leave I'd come back and the pumpkin would be devoured. one morning I went out put the pumpkin out and damn that buck looked so happy to see that pumpkin he was running right for it and didn't even see me sitting 20 yards away. Lol
Deer crack is great stuff. I use to pin rags to my pant cuffs that had soaked in number two stove oil. Deer are not afraid of the scent of a tractor.

Forum List

Back