Bring it on.

Even Newt G. was against the House Impeachment hearings. Sadly, the GOP under Delay and others set a very bad precedent. Look at how things were under Dem rule for ages compared to a few years under GOP rule.

The truth is the GOP in recent years has been anything but democratic (small d) or American in values and actions.

:clap2::clap2: AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!

Any investigations that are overseen by the politicians (President, House, Senate) are nothing but political posturing, grandstanding or witch-hunting.

surrrrrrrrrrrrre they are.

You know I was always opposed to doing an investigation. but reality is, if one of us broke the law, and our defense attorney tried to say, well, past is past, let's move on, the prosecutors would laugh in his face.

More right wing efforts to pretend (after 6 years of harassing Clinton) that any effort to look into the probablility of ACTUAL illegal acts (and not a blue dress type thing, you know) is somehow frivolous or whining.

Absurd. And the issue should be discussed rationally....

And before you spout off, I haven't made my mind up yet as to what should happen.

surrrrrrrrrrrrre they are.

You know I was always opposed to doing an investigation. but reality is, if one of us broke the law, and our defense attorney tried to say, well, past is past, let's move on, the prosecutors would laugh in his face.

More right wing efforts to pretend (after 6 years of harassing Clinton) that any effort to look into the probablility of ACTUAL illegal acts (and not a blue dress type thing, you know) is somehow frivolous or whining.

Absurd. And the issue should be discussed rationally....

And before you spout off, I haven't made my mind up yet as to what should happen.

I say they should look at it seriously. The very framework of this Democracy has been shaken in the last 8 years. Especially Cheney and some of his absurd statements. Like the VP is not part of the Executive Branch...

It's a humongous waste of TIME. Screw that----how about tacking some of the more pressing matters the everyone bitches about ?

It's a humongous waste of TIME. Screw that----how about tacking some of the more pressing matters the everyone bitches about ?

The problem is that there were such abuses, it seems that not addressing them would only encourage future leaders to act in similar fashion.

A waste of TIME? Is a prosecution a waste of time because the actions are past? Again, I'm ambivalent on this.

I keep thinking about the 70 million dollars spent to investigate a blue dress and I'm trying to separate my feelings about that from what I think needs to be done here.

The problem is that there were such abuses, it seems that not addressing them would only encourage future leaders to act in similar fashion.

A waste of TIME? Is a prosecution a waste of time because the actions are past? Again, I'm ambivalent on this.

I keep thinking about the 70 million dollars spent to investigate a blue dress and I'm trying to separate my feelings about that from what I think needs to be done here.

Oh believe me----I know the dems have been pissed and want revenge over the blow job episode for years. The only thing that will satisfy their lust for revenge is a show trial.
and when has prosecuting one politician EVER stopped another one from abusing power ?
We have X amount of time----we should use it in the MOST constructive manner. Not to settle old political scores.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Bubba should have been forced from office for placing the presidency in a position to be blackmailed. Any president who does that should be immediately removed, whether through the pressure of their own party or through impeachment. But unless Bush can be shown to have similarly put the country at peril, any prosecutions for actions he took or ordered taken to protect or run the country are out of bounds.

What makes us different from totalitarian rule is that regime change doesn't equal putting the former regime in jail. If we start throwing presidents and their officials in jail who the hell are we going to get to run the country?!? Shit happens! Especially in war, which is always messy, and even more so when terrorism is in the mix along with the potential of American cities disappearing into a cloud of dust and smoke.

The president must have the confidence to be able to make the right calls to defend America. I don't want him making the wrong calls because some partisans on the other side are judging his every action to see if they can throw him in jail after his presidency ends.

Go ahead bring it on, create a commission to use political power to arrest and harrass former public officials. It will inspire revolution and it will ensure the Democrats face the same process when they lose power.

Democrats seek criminal probe of Bush 'abuses' - Yahoo! News

This reminds me of a scene in a Monty Python movie when the armoured sentry has had both his legs and arms chopped off and he's still snarling "Bring it on."

Check this out ..

New Zogby Poll Shows Majority of Americans Support Impeaching Bush for Wiretapping
Poll: Americans Support Bush Impeachment for Wiretapping | Democrats.com

Poll: Americans Favor Bush's Impeachment If He Lied about Iraq
Poll: Americans Favor Bush Impeachment If He Lied about Iraq | Democrats.com

National Poll: 75% of Americans glad that Bush is done
Digg - National Poll: 75% of Americans glad that Bush is done

Yet you think what?

:lol:

It will inspire revolution?

Amazing

Bubba should have been forced from office for placing the presidency in a position to be blackmailed. Any president who does that should be immediately removed, whether through the pressure of their own party or through impeachment. But unless Bush can be shown to have similarly put the country at peril, any prosecutions for actions he took or ordered taken to protect or run the country are out of bounds.

What makes us different from totalitarian rule is that regime change doesn't equal putting the former regime in jail. If we start throwing presidents and their officials in jail who the hell are we going to get to run the country?!? Shit happens! Especially in war, which is always messy, and even more so when terrorism is in the mix along with the potential of American cities disappearing into a cloud of dust and smoke.

The president must have the confidence to be able to make the right calls to defend America. I don't want him making the wrong calls because some partisans on the other side are judging his every action to see if they can throw him in jail after his presidency ends.

Bunch of garbage, bubbalah.... Daddy Bush had a gf; Eisenhower; Kennedy (well, we know about Kennedy); Roosevelt...

The Clinton blue dress thing, led by a bunch of hypocrites like Henry Hyde who was carrying on his own little affair.

Gotta stop beating that dead horse.. Clinton still has almost a 70% approval rating...same as he did then.

Just because you politically agree with what the Bush administration has done, does not mean he is free from any guilt. If Bush did, indeed break the law that would be found through an investigation, what do you suggest? Not doing anything?

If Bush did not break any laws, then he has nothing to worry about.

I am all for the probe. Let Bush be villified once and for all and let's move on with this. His policies have kept us safe for the past 7 years.

Oh, sure... just as the lack of a criminal investigation into your behavior over the last 8 years does not mean that you're free of guilt.

Now friends... let us recall the hundreds of posts wherein, myself and dozens of other Americans have pointed to the tyrannical certainty of lending power to leftists...

Not to worry though... I've told you that they will egregiously abuse that power and as a result they will bring about what must be inevitable civil war... and it is at that point where we will eviscerate the cancer of leftism as we tend to our sacred responsibility to defend our individual human rights.

Let us recognize that the concept wherein a man is guilty until he proves himself innocent is being advanced by these idiots and in so doing they threaten the rights of every free man...

Arm yourselves and make yourself proficient in the use of those arms in preparation of defending your rights from the clear and present danger represented by a tyrannical ideology which has come to power, as it always comes, on the backs of the idiot 'center'... and which will now begin to gather power for no other purpose than do defend that power; they are everything the founders of the US warned us about and we are now faced with enduring that which the founders endured to free themselves from it.

Last edited:
Go ahead bring it on, create a commission to use political power to arrest and harrass former public officials. It will inspire revolution and it will ensure the Democrats face the same process when they lose power.

Democrats seek criminal probe of Bush 'abuses' - Yahoo! News

You're even more delusional than the CT's. The epidome of naivete is to think that Americans will get off their collective asses to support anything political beyond voting. 4 million people can show up to watch a baseball team have a championship parade, but when it comes time to act politically, maybe a couple thousand get off their fat fucking asses to do something.

And then most of the time, they get berated by the marjority for even doing so.

Revolution. :rolleyes: Please.

Unlike the whole ridiculous idea of prosecuting politicians for carrying out their duties.
No politicians has to perform duties that are against the law. That is a cop out.

"I was just following orders." Tell that to the judges a Nuremberg.

If they broke the law, they should be punished be it Repug or Dem.

Not to say anything about 8 fucking years of Ken Starr spending 70 million tax dollars to try and get something on Clinton and ending up with a perjured blow job that didn't even happen before they went fishing for something to get him on.

What a bunch of hippo crypts.

Torture is against the law. Spying on American citizens is against the law. Breaking the FISA law is against the law.

Sorry, but Nixon was wrong when he said that if the president did it, it wasn't against the law.

Whining little weasel having lost the control to control the truth.

Bunch of garbage, bubbalah.... Daddy Bush had a gf; Eisenhower; Kennedy (well, we know about Kennedy); Roosevelt...

The Clinton blue dress thing, led by a bunch of hypocrites like Henry Hyde who was carrying on his own little affair.

Gotta stop beating that dead horse.. Clinton still has almost a 70% approval rating...same as he did then.

As if approval ratings mean anything. John Ziegler proved that Obama's voters knew nothing more about his background or his policies than "hope" and "change" and that Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house (even though it was actually Tine Fey that said it).

Bubba placed the presidency in a position to be blackmailed. And he may have been. We still do not know why he just up and gave the Chinese intercontinental missile technology that enabled them to reach N.A. with nukes, which they were nowhere near developing on their own. If you want to prosecute a president here's the issue to investigate.

No politicians has to perform duties that are against the law. That is a cop out.

"I was just following orders." Tell that to the judges a Nuremberg.

If they broke the law, they should be punished be it Repug or Dem.

ROFLMNAO... to understand any issue, it has to be placed into the proper context; and the context in which Bush foreign policy rests is that wherein the US IS AT WAR WITH ILLEGAL COMBATANTS WHO SPEND THEIR TIME PLOTTING MASS MURDER...

So what these idiots are crying about is policy which was bent around the defense of the US from these cretins. Meaning that those crying about Bush policy 'violating the law' are actually DEFENDING MASS MURDERERS and using 'the law' which made their MASS MURDER POSSIBLE as the excuse...

Brace yourselves kids... Islamic terrorism is on the precipice of being thoroughly VALIDATED; the result of which will be more attacks on the US, her interests and allies and wherein each of those attacks kills greater and greater number of INNOCENT PEOPLE; Which is the CHANGE you idiots voted for and that is a personal decision for which you ALL will be held accountable and sooner than later, I suspect…

and that Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house (even though it was actually Tine Fey that said it).

No, Sarah actually said it in an interview. Tina just repeated it.

As to the shit about Clinton selling out to the Chinese, please pull some more crap out of your ass and post it.:cuckoo:

You're even more delusional than the CT's. The epidome of naivete is to think that Americans will get off their collective asses to support anything political beyond voting. 4 million people can show up to watch a baseball team have a championship parade, but when it comes time to act politically, maybe a couple thousand get off their fat fucking asses to do something.

And then most of the time, they get berated by the marjority for even doing so.

Revolution. :rolleyes: Please.

Like anyone is going to get up a head of steam to have a revolution to protect an ex-president who left office with an approval rating of about 25% anyway... *sigh*

And why would they "get up...." to protect Bush?-*

Bush and Cheney should be tried for war crimes. They won't be, but they should be.

No, Sarah actually said it in an interview. Tina just repeated it.

As to the shit about Clinton selling out to the Chinese, please pull some more crap out of your ass and post it.:cuckoo:
Sorry I am not not your teacher. Try a search engine.

New Topics

Forum List

Back