Bring 'Em Home?

The article is accurate... The men in Afghanistan are between the a rock and a hard place.

They face a determined insurgency; which has them pinned against an administration which threatens them with prison if they violate the Rules of Engagement which prevent them from firing upon the enemy that is firing upon them, until they receive permission to fire from their Chain of Command; what's more is that US air superiority is now nearly worthless; as it is now next to impossible to get air support... due to the enemy having successfully used the western media to report that US Air power is killig 'innocent' people.

The US should pull our forces from Afghanistan, until such time that either free elections remove the Leftist insurgency presently occupying American governance or failing that, other means effectively provide for same.

The fact is that US troops are being asked to do the impossible... they're trapped between a determined enemy and a duplicitous evil.

Beautifully put. With 5 brothers all currently serving and each having done their time in the various sandpits, I totally agree with what you say.

:clap2: To You!

Two sons...

465px-George_W._Bush_walks_with_Ryan_Phillips_to_Navy_One.jpg

bring the troops home ???? I knew he was a fuck up

No decision yet.
And since he just got the request - what makes you think he hasn't acted fast enough?

Seeing as you believe he just heard about the request since Gibbs said so despite the fact that the world knew of the request weeks prior is enough for me to say that debating you will be a waste of time.

Funny how Obaama knew about the General's interview regarding his request...but did not have the wherewithall to say to Gates..."let me see that report you have been holding for 6 weeks"

Amazing you believe this.

But hey... use the corpses of American military for your political agenda, dude. You sure are a proud American.

On THIS point I can agree with you fully.
Because THAT is EXACTLY what is going on here and it disgusts me.

No it isn't. It's about time the O realized that ignoring the urgency of Afghanistan is costing American lives.

He's totally incompetent.

We're asking that the administration actually help those on the ground or bring them home. Sitting on his ass while they die is not cool and it has NOTHING to do with partisanship.
And what leads you to believe he is "sitting on his ass?"
I think we either have to send more troops or come home, too - depending upon what the remaining objectives there are. But the contention that Obama is "sitting on his ass" at the expense of our soldiers and using their sacrifices to gin up some sympathy for THEM (which is almost always short-lived) and gin up some resentment towards Obama is very disrespectful to the soldiers. It turns them into your pawns.
I cannot condone that.

Hussein is a Marxist Muslim whose only purpose in office is to shoft the US from its constitutional Moorings... A constitution which each and every one of those serving has sworn to defend against, by both foreign and domestic enemies... of which Hussein is the latter.

He is not worthy of a scintilla of respect; and is by all objective measures, subversive to the US, it's constitution and the best interests and well being of the men and woman who serve under him.

Given the elections of 2010 going as they presently indicate they will go; we could be looking at the impeachment of the 2nd elected President of the US and very possibly something very similar to what Honduras recently had to do, to dislodge the communist insurgency which infested their Exucutive branch.

Last edited:
But hey... use the corpses of American military for your political agenda, dude. You sure are a proud American.

No it isn't. It's about time the O realized that ignoring the urgency of Afghanistan is costing American lives.

He is a man that has always believed in "non military" action even when m,ilitary action was ther only choice.
And now he is our CIC.

That is like a vegetarian being voted as the head of the "Beef Farmers Orgainization"

No decision yet.
And since he just got the request - what makes you think he hasn't acted fast enough?
:confused: Let's see, war is an acute situation; it's been over six weeks with NOTHING done for them.....

Hmmm.

Over six weeks to make a decision to help those on the ground or not????? It's war. I know that pussyfooting around is OK in politics, but there is no place for it in war.

No decision yet.
:confused: Let's see, war is an acute situation; it's been over six weeks with NOTHING done for them.....

Hmmm.

Over six weeks to make a decision to help those on the ground or not????? It's war. I know that pussyfooting around is OK in politics, but there is no place for it in war.

The poster believed that little white lie of Gibbs whgo said that Obama was never given the report until last week.

LMAO....the Taliban knew of the request 2 weeks beofre our CIC...and poeple actually believe this.

And you do not feel that such was EXACTLY what Pelosi, Reid, Murtha, Kerry and many others did for the 2 years before the last election?
I've seen it and been disgusted by it many times from those within the Republican Party and from within the Democratic Party - I've called them ALL on it every time I see it. You may want to believe that I'm just some far lefter defending Obama at all costs, but the inconvenient truth is that I'm not.

Seeing as you believe he just heard about the request since Gibbs said so despite the fact that the world knew of the request weeks prior
So your position is that Obama is neglegent because he didn't act on scuttlebutt BEFORE receiving the request and before reviewing that request with the top brass? You've just been sucked into a hyper-partisan smear campaign and they used the very laudable sentiment of supporting our troops to suck you in.

Isn't the first time - Won't be the last. And neither party is immune.

So debate who you choose.

Last edited:

Hmmm.

The poster believed that little white lie of Gibbs whgo said that Obama was never given the report until last week.

LMAO....the Taliban knew of the request 2 weeks beofre our CIC...and poeple actually believe this.

Gibbs is an idiot. It's already on record that he had the report before he went on holiday for Labor Day.

Typical leftist bullshit - when caught wringing their hands instead of making a decision, lie to cover up their spinelessness.

I wich he were merely incompetent... He's quite competent... what he is, is subversive. Meaning that his goal is to undermine the US mission in the US GWOT and the respective campaigns in the ME... His goal is to undermine the means of the US to project power... and if you follow his stated policy agenda, from funding Hamas with 1 BILLION dollars of US aid... the striking of US missile defense in Eastern Europe; his ascent to Iran's nuclear ambition; his hard line against Israel; his intention to strip the US of our nuclear means and his rush to spend the US into economic disaster... there is no other possible conclusion; as such falls FAR from incompetence.

Ya see, IF he were merely incompetent, the mathematical odds of probability require that he would screw up to the favor of the US on a fairly equal basis to those screw ups which fall against our favor.

The man is what can only be described as an insurgent... who presently occupies, the White House.

using the sacrfices of these soldiers to try to beat a political opponent over the head is disgusting. An indefensible low.

Hope you're proud of yourself.

I know, Eight years of that shit coming from the left was enough wasn't it? They should stop now!

Just bring them home. No need to put any more American lives in danger.

Agreed.

It seems Obama is hesitant to bring them home for purely political reasons - and that is utterly disgusting.

He has done nothing for two months regarding the McChrystal report - except have his White House admonish McChrystal for speaking out regarding the worsening situation.

He flies to Europe for the Olympics - but has delayed a policy in Afghanistan?

What is being done to our soldiers is a terrible - terrible thing.

Our president needs to make a decision now - no more wasting of lives in a conflict that currently lacks substantive direction.

Either fight to win, or bring them home...

Exactly... there is no HALF WAY on this. We should either go in there with SHOCK AND AWE type force, or GET THE HELL OUT.

Myself, I say get the hell out. I've felt Iraq was a huge mistake from the start, now this. We don't need it. This is occupying and nation building, and it's against our constitution, and it's playing a large part in bankrupting this nation, not to mention decimating our military. This has VIETNAM written all over it... just ask the former USSR how their war in Afghanistan went.

And you do not feel that such was EXACTLY what Pelosi, Reid, Murtha, Kerry and many others did for the 2 years before the last election?
I've seen it and been disgusted by it many times from those within the Republican Party and from within the Democratic Party - I've called them ALL on it every time I see it. You may want to believe that I'm just some far lefter defending Obama at all costs, but the inconvenient truth is that I'm not.

Seeing as you believe he just heard about the request since Gibbs said so despite the fact that the world knew of the request weeks prior
So your position is that Obama is neglegent because he didn't act on scuttlebutt BEFORE receiving the request and before reviewing that request with the top brass? You've just been sucked into a hyper-partisan smear campaign and they used the very laudable sentiment of supporting our troops to suck you in.

No 'scuttlebutt', but I do understand those willing to swallow.
National Security
Obama to Receive McChrystal Report Wednesday

By Michael A. Fletcher
President Obama will receive the report assessing the war in Afghanistan from his top commander there on Wednesday, and will take it with him to Camp David as he continues his vacation over the extended Labor Day weekend.

Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, who commands both U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan and authored the report, calls the situation there "serious" but salvageable. The assessment is widely seen as the first step toward a likely request for more troops, money and other resources for the war.

The situation in Afghanistan poses a political conundrum for the president, who is caught between his liberal base, which is increasingly skeptical about the war, and his commanders, who want more resources to win it.

Speaking at a gaggle with reporters on Tuesday, Gibbs said that the president will take "some form" of the report with him to Camp David. But Gibbs stressed that the assessment was in effect a continuation of a daily conversation that Obama has with his commanders in Afghanistan and would not be the sole factor in any coming decisions about troop levels.

Obama to Receive McChrystal Report Wednesday | 44 | washingtonpost.com

So your position is that Obama is neglegent because he didn't act on scuttlebutt BEFORE receiving ther request and before reviewing that request with the top brass? You've just been sucked into a hyper-partisan smear campaign and they used the very laudable sentiment of supporting our troops to suck you in.

No sir. I am a realists. A general asks for 40K troops or we may lose is not a memo that sits on someones desk for 6 weeks before reaching the president.

It is foolish for one to believe such rhetoric. You should be disgusted that the administration believes you are naive enough to believe it.

So tell me....why is there no outrage that Gates held onto that "memo" for six weeks without informing the President?

Funny how, according to the time line, you and I knew of that memo before the CIC.....does that not bother you one iota?

ROFLMNAO... absolutely FALSE.
US and NATO forces are there to secure Afghanistan from those who violently challenge the freely elected Afghan government.

Such progressed along well until roughly January of 2009... when the Muslim lead regime changed the Rules of Engagement, started Mirandizing PRISONERS of WAR and started OPENLY and OVERTLY undermining the US GWOT at every level... even FORBIDDING THE USE OF THE WORDS "TERRORIST, TERRORISM AND US WAR ON TERRORISM"

yea dude... nothing says "accomplished objective" QUITE LIKE crying about trrrorrrrrsts (when we all know you really just mean muslims) in a nation full of muslims. Afghan simmered while your kind preached on and on and on about how Iraq was going to return bountiful peace post-Saddam. Hell, your kind wouldn't even hunt for OBL! Shall I quote Bush on that regard? Like I said, it's fucking pathetic that you people scream and pout giant croc tears NOW rather than 5 fucking years ago when it would have mattered and we could have avoided both fruitless conflicts.

Do you truly believe that the people screaming and crying 5 years ago would have made a bit of difference? There were millions of liberals screaming and crying 5 years ago and it fell on deaf ears...and there are millions of conservatives screaming and crying now and it is AGAIN falling on deaf ears.
It is people like you that like to blame people like me for not speaking our minds when you want us to...and when we DO speak our minds when you DONT want us to you call us mobs, domestic terrorists and radicals.

The hypoicrisy is not amusing. It is sad.

yes, in fact. Had the right not been so quick to reflexively attack something after 9/11 we would not be where we are at today. You didn't see millions of liberals calling for war with Afghan or Iraq. I would LOVE to see evidence of such.

You spoke your mind in 2003, dude. Enjoy the bed you made. Go ahead and roll around in the blood of Soldiers like a dog rolling around in the husk of a dead varmint if it makes you feel better about your actions thus far.

:thup:

There are plenty of things to question this potus on without having to resort to BS - but maybe those others don't carry the emotional weight of trying to smear Obama with the "blood of our boys"

And when the next little opportunity for political theatre presents itself - then "the blood of our boys" will be tossed aside for the next smear opportunity. Screw 'em.

Ironically, yesterday Drudge draped himself around flagged coffins after no less than 4 years of insisting that focusing on such would help "the enemy". Funny how the tides turn and the shifted foot takes on a new stance.

New Topics

Forum List

Back