Bring back the gun forum?

Bring back the gun forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With an overabundance of 'gun' talk in so many threads, what's left to say? On the other hand, what could be said that would make a 'gun' forum exceptional (read not possible)?

With an overabundance of 'gun' talk in so many threads, what's left to say? On the other hand, what could be said that would make a 'gun' forum exceptional (read not possible)?

There are a number of topics about firearms that are exceptional. The fact that you are not interested is not the point.

winter the only answer i saw was ck saying it was a surprise to him that it was closed and that it was not coming back.....the latter part was surprising to me...at the time i said i think it might be some kinda legal issue

I would be curious to know what sort of legal issue would be present.

I heard the same thing, only from 2 mods. I simply never heard why.

Also, there are still plenty of gun posts. And given the vitriol that is spewed in the political forums, I'm amazed that the gun forum would be a legal issue.

If it is, why not simply say do? Do the people who populate these forums matter so little?
Civil liability might be the possible reason given the fact that lawyers are good at talking grieving family members into suing any and everyone that might (at the largest stretch of the imagination) be held responsible for a firearms related death. It wouldn't surprise me if the owner's lawyer advised removing the specifically targeted firearms sub-forum for liability reasons. :dunno:

I cant imagine thats the reason.
There are forums that are nothing but guns all over the internet.

Anyway, what would you choose for a 'boot gun'?

I've never carried a gun in my boot.
Well, I was just using it as an expression, really, meaning back-up piece, classically small in size and caliber (no problems with masculinity; after all, 007 carried a .25 semi).

Also, I think you might know the answer; why does a rifle like the Ruger American not have 'iron' sights standard? It and almost all the other similar long arms don't carry sights, just scope mounts. Not that a scope isn't desirable, and necessary for real long shooting, but open sights have always worked very well for me (used to hunt squirrels with a .22LR by shooting them in the head) and having them there couldn't hurt. Any thoughts?
Thanks

There are a number of topics about firearms that are exceptional. The fact that you are not interested is not the point.
Perhaps this was not well worded; the way you took it was not how it was intended. By 'exceptional' was meant more extreme than what is already all over a lot of other threads.

Perhaps this was not well worded; the way you took it was not how it was intended. By 'exceptional' was meant more extreme than what is already all over a lot of other threads.

Oh, my mistake. Now I see what you meant.

winter the only answer i saw was ck saying it was a surprise to him that it was closed and that it was not coming back.....the latter part was surprising to me...at the time i said i think it might be some kinda legal issue

Also, there are still plenty of gun posts. And given the vitriol that is spewed in the political forums, I'm amazed that the gun forum would be a legal issue.

If it is, why not simply say do? Do the people who populate these forums matter so little?
Civil liability might be the possible reason given the fact that lawyers are good at talking grieving family members into suing any and everyone that might (at the largest stretch of the imagination) be held responsible for a firearms related death. It wouldn't surprise me if the owner's lawyer advised removing the specifically targeted firearms sub-forum for liability reasons. :dunno:

And they might have a team of lawyers on retainer. :dunno:

I could be wrong but I wouldnt think the income from a message board would cover that.

I could be wrong but I wouldnt think the income from a message board would cover that.
Depends of who owns the board but hey, it's all speculation anyway.

Forum List

Back